University of Bristol, Department of Electrical & Electronic Engineering:
University of Bristol, Department of Electrical & Electronic Engineering is one of the UK's premier Electrical and Electronic Engineering Departments, and is part of an internationally-distinguished, leading UK university. This renowned department offers a wide range of accredited undergraduate & postgraduate degree programmes including Bachelor's of Engineering & Master's of Engineering to suit all requirements for both UK & international students. Independent teaching-quality inspections and newspaper league-tables rate this department as one of the very best in the UK in which to study electronics.
The University of Bristol is one of the leading universities in the UK, thanks to its outstanding staff, superb facilities and talented students. It is a thriving international community dedicated to learning, discovery and enterprise, situated in the heart of historic Bristol. The university is a major force in the life and economy of South-West England, and is a world leader in research. It is a member of the Worldwide Universities Network and of the Russell Group of universities.
Our main mission is to pursue and share knowledge and understanding, both for their own sake and to help individuals and society fulfil their potential.
With fully accredited undergraduate and postgraduate programmes, and excellent ratings for our research, we are one of the UK's most highly-distinguished Electrical and Electronic Engineering Departments. The breadth and depth of our well-established research portfolio has been acknowledged as 'internationally excellent' by the RAE2008 Research Assessment Exercise.
The department's extensive research activities mean that our academic staff can teach you about the very latest developments in this exciting and rapidly changing field, and that all our technical equipment is up-to-the-minute. These research activities also provide links to industry and we have an active Industrial Advisory Board to ensure that we offer an education that prepares students for employment after graduation.
We are partners in the newly-formed UK Electronics Skills Foundation (UKESF), that links industry and universities to offer scholarships and summer schools.
The Department's degree programmes are all accredited by the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) and we were recently awarded a plaque to mark 25 years of continuous accreditation.
Accreditation means that if you graduate with one of our MEng degrees, you will have satisfied all the education requirements for becoming professionally registered. A period of suitable industrial experience after graduation will then allow you to use the title of Chartered Engineer (CEng). You may then apply also to use the "Eur Ing" title, which is respected throughout Europe.
Our BEng degrees may be followed by suitable further study elsewhere to bring you up to accredited MEng level. In addition, our taught MSc degrees are also approved by the IET.
Undergraduate degree programmes - Bachelor of Engineering (BEng) & Master of Engineering (MEng): The usual degree path taken by students in this Department is a 4-year MEng degree (which meets the educational requirements of the Engineering Council), although some students opt for the 3-year BEng programmes.
- MEng Computer Science and Electronics
- MEng Computer Science and Electronics with Study Abroad
- MEng Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- MEng Electrical and Electronic Engineering with Study in Continental Europe
- MEng Electrical and Electronic Engineering with Study Abroad
- MEng Electronic and Communications Engineering
- BEng Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- BEng Electronic Engineering
- BEng Electronic and Communications Engineering
Postgraduate degree programmes - Master of Science (MSc)
- You’re fascinated by electricity, energy and electronics.
- You enjoy maths and science and want to make the most of your excellent grades.
- You want to learn more about quantum effects and their application in security and computing.
- You’re inquisitive and want to explore how things work, invent things, and design things that benefit society.
- You want to develop innovative real-time software solutions that run on embedded computers and processors.
- You’re passionate about medical electronics, and want to contribute to the development of life-saving instrumentation.
- You want to reduce our carbon footprint by developing more efficient renewable energy solutions, rolling out smart energy grids, and designing hybrid and all-electric vehicles.
- You love the latest gadgets and want to design mobile phones, set-top boxes, music players and 3D TVs.
- The Internet amazes you and you want to learn more about terabit optical communications and gigabit wireless handsets.
- With an electrical and electronic engineering degree you’ll have no trouble earning money. The technology is all-pervasive and present in every aspect of modern life.
- Electrical and electronic engineering is embedded in all other engineering disciplines (particularly mechanical and aerospace).
- The skills we teach are portable and starting salaries are up to £29k a year.
- You’re creative and want to work in the digital media industry.
- You’re looking for generous sponsorship options, interesting summer placements, and exceptional employment prospects.
Bristol has been named as a Science City (one of only six in the UK) and a Centre of Culture (one of five). The city is home and workplace to artists, scientists, engineers and academics.
Bristol is home to a host of attractions spanning the arts, science, nature and history. The main sights and diversions – from interactive science exhibits and ancient sailing ships to the legacy of the great 19th-century engineer Isambard Kingdom Brunel – are located in the heart of the city or within easy striking distance of the centre.
Bristol City was recently named European City of the Year owing to its superb quality of life, vibrant culture, strong city-region economy, green credentials and excellent transport links. The city is surrounded by rolling countryside, rugged moorland, ancient forests and dramatic coastlines.
Email: Contact Us
- Courses / Programs
|Address: Merchant Venturers Building, Woodland Road, Bristol BS8 1UB, Bristol, England , UK / GB|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2022 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.