Sheffield Institute of Arts: Sheffield Institute of Arts at Sheffield Hallam University is one of the oldest established art and design institutions in the UK offering undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs. Located just over 2 hours from London in the North of England, we have one of the UK’s most respected art and design research centres. Our leading academics are internationally recognised experts. All of our courses are led and supported by specialist teachers and technicians who help provide a rich learning experience.
Bachelor Degree Courses: - BA (Honours) Creative Art Practice - BA (Honours) Fashion Design - BA (Honours) Fine Art - BA (Honours) Furniture and Product Design - BA (Honours) Graphic Design - BA (Honours) Interior Design - BA (Honours) Metalwork and Jewellery - BA (Honours) Product Design
Master & Doctorate Degree Courses: - MA/PgDip/PgCert Design (Graphic Design) - MA/PgDip/PgCert Design (Industrial Design) - MA/PgDip/PgCert Design (Metalwork and Jewellery) - MA/PgDip/PgCert Design (Packaging Design) - MA/PgDip/PgCert Fine Art - MArt Animation - MArt Creative Art Practice - MArt Fine Art - MArt Photography - MDes Fashion Design - MDes Furniture and Product Design - MDes Graphic Design - MDes Interior Design - MDes Metalwork and Jewellery - MDes Product Design - MPhil/PhD Research Degrees – Cultural, Communication and Computing Research Institute
• London Art Portfolio is located in Central London, just south of Tower Bridge in Southwark.
• We provide successful Art and Design portfolio preparation, foundation programmes, short courses, evening classes & private tuition for UK and internationals students in a range of fields of fine art and design at all study levels.
• We help to prepare you for University applications, professional interviews or your personal development!
• Prepare for entry to a Masters, Bachelor Degree, Foundation Diploma or Pre-Degree level course in Art and Design.
• We ensure successful placements at all levels, including onto University of the Arts London, UCA & many other renowned art colleges & universities in the UK, USA & other locations around the world.
• London Art Portfolio is run by Julia Dennis, a practicing artist with many years of experience in preparing art and design portfolios for degree applications, organising exhibitions and preparing students for interviews.
• Julia has great success in placing students onto the right course, at the right level, at any stage in your career.
Student Reviews: "Central Saint Martins has offered me a place on Foundation Pathway: Graphic Design. I'm so happy! Thank you so much for your guidance and all heart that you put in to help me out." - Aleksandra, Poland
"At the end of the course, I had an interview at the London College of Fashion and was accepted! It was a great victory & I owe a lot to London Art Portfolio! Thank you very much!" - Paola, Italy
• Fine Art
• Fashion Design
• Graphic Design
• 3D Design / Architecture
Year-round & Summer Courses:
• Portfolio Prep Courses: 24, 18, 12, 6 or 4 weeks
• 1-2 week Enrichment Course in Drawing or Model Making
• Summer Portfolio School- adults & teens
• Digital Portfolio Prep
• Foundation Course in Art and Design- 24 weeks
• One-One Studio Tutorial Support
• One-One Online Tuition
• Short Courses - Half Term, Holiday & Evening classes
• Corporate Workshops & Team Building
London Photo Tours and Workshops specialise in small group one-day photography walking tours, workshops and short photography courses with experienced tuition. Our photography courses run all year round using visually dynamic Central London photo shoot locations.
Our program is varied and offers short courses for beginners, intermediate and advanced photographers. Our outdoor workshops offer hands on practical experience. We specialise in small groups of no more than 6, so that no-one misses out on individual tution.
We are expert in delivering creative photography education in an understandable and dynamic way.
act up is an independent organisation specialising in communication and acting training. We are located in Lavender Hill, near Clapham Junction in South London. Clapham Common Tube Station is the closest tube station to Lavender Hill. Almost all of the acting and communication training courses take place at The Royal Academy of Dance, located at Battersea Square, which is a 5 minute walk from Clapham Junction in South London. All of the acting courses are short, part-time and professionally based.
All of our courses run regularly throughout the year, and they are open to anyone over the age of 18 years. Among those attending are participants who travel from as close as the next street, right across London, or as far afield as Birmingham, Sheffield and Exeter.
Our main philosophy with all our training is to show every participant a good time. Each time we run a course, it is always very different as the core of the work is created around the participants, so no one course is ever the same. The actors and act up do however have a structured outline for each course; the environment is designed and then it's up to the participants to be brave and throw themselves in.
Year-round short, part-time & professionally based acting courses or communication training courses (for 18 + years):
- act one (beginners): 2-hour, eight-week course
- act for foundation course: 2-hour, eight-week course
- act for (aimed at anyone who is considering seeking a career as a professional actor): 3-hour, seven-week course
- Alexander Technique for acting
- act up's short summer course
Also: A variety of communication skills training courses
Stills opened in Edinburgh in 1977 as Scotland’s first gallery specialising in contemporary photography. We are situated next to Waverly Station in the vibrant heart of Edinburgh’s Cockburn Street. Since establishment, we have extended our facilities and now provide the best photographic darkrooms and digital production facilities in Scotland. We offer a programme of evening courses, weekend and one-day workshops in photography and digital media, as well as a summer school in photography and digital media.
We offer subsidised, low-cost training in everything from Photoshop and Dreamweaver to Black & White Photography so you can come to Stills to create your own website, print your own photographs, learn to use your digital camera and much more!
Stills is a vibrant platform for creativity. Our integrated programmes illuminate the fascinating medium of photography, exploring everything from its technical and aesthetic developments through to the central role it plays in contemporary culture. We are situated next to Waverly Station in the vibrant heart of Edinburgh’s Cockburn Street.
- Weekend Workshops:
* Digital SLR Camera Training
* Lomography: Creative Analogue Photography
* Portrait Photography
- Evening Courses:
* Digital SLR Photography
* Digital Video Editing: Final Cut Express
* Introduction to Black and White Photography
* Layout (Adobe InDesign)
* Maps & Mappings (Adobe Illustrator)
* Photoshop Essential Training Modules
* Website Design (Dreamweaver)
- 1 Day Workshops:
* Fashion Photography
* Portrait Photography
- Summer School in photography & digital media
The Image Academy In Association with Style Icon, London
Courses / Programs
The Image Academy in Central London offers fashion styling courses. Do you have a passion for fashion? Have you always loved shopping? Do you love offering advice to your friends & family? Do you dream of being self employed in the fashion industry? Is it your wish to become a stylist? Then this is the course and road to success for you!!
Our courses are tailored to offer you the theory that will bring you from student to fashionista in a number of days! The course is made up of 70 different topics and answers every question you may be faced within the real world. It covers everything from getting started to colour analysis, body analysis, makeup, corporate image, working in TV and magazines to starting your own business and getting your first client. Certificates are issued to all students who have successfully completed the course. The benefit of our course is that you will receive a unique mentoring service and hands on experience with a professional Personal Stylist. We do not believe in giving you the theory to teach yourself, our tutors are there to help you every step of the way. The Image Academy course guarantees success to becoming a top personal stylist!!
The Image Academy provides fashion forward styling courses that have been set up specifically to offer a new level of professionalism and expertise to wannabe stylists, PR professionals, boutique owners, high street retailers, fashion students and just about anyone who has a passion for fashion. The course structures have been designed with the modern day stylist in mind, addressing all the exciting changes within the industry combined with a hands-on practical approach of how to succeed.
The Carlton Institute is the leader in accredited fast-track beauty and spa therapy training with locations in England, Scotland & Wales. Our locations include Exmouth; Devon; Windsor in Berkshire near London; Essex; Leicester in the East Midlands; Stockport, Greater Manchester; Durham in the North East of England; Cardiff and Glasgow. Since 1992, we have successfully trained over 15,000 therapists, salon owners, spa & salon managers from across the world with a focus on the UK and Ireland. We regularly provide CPD (Continuous Professional Development) for lecturers at full time further education colleges. All our modular courses lead to a diploma or recognised qualification for NVQ/IHBC/IIHHT.