Sheffield Institute of Arts: Sheffield Institute of Arts at Sheffield Hallam University is one of the oldest established art and design institutions in the UK offering undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs. Located just over 2 hours from London in the North of England, we have one of the UK’s most respected art and design research centres. Our leading academics are internationally recognised experts. All of our courses are led and supported by specialist teachers and technicians who help provide a rich learning experience.
As an art school for the 21st century we emphasise creative thinking through making. We have some of the best workshop and lab facilities in the country, and we provide flexible studio spaces. You work in a highly creative environment surrounded by other artists and designers.
We are committed to helping you reach your creative potential and fully preparing you for the wide range of opportunities in our successful creative economy – either as independent artists and designers, or working in a wide range of industries.
Art and Design Facilities:
Our courses have an excellent range of facilities in both traditional and digital technologies. You can work in bookable individual studio spaces to develop and enhance your professional practice. There are also specialist video, performance and sound studios, a fully equipped printmaking studio and full sculpture facilities including bronze casting.
Digital facilities include approximately 12 digital edit suites with final cut pro and I movie. There are workstations for Photoshop and audio, fully equipped photography facilities including colour printing, plus a range of digital cameras. This is complemented by a wide range of 16mm film cameras and editing Steenbecks, many digital video cameras, digital audio recorders and full production facilities.
Full & Part Time Degree Programmes:
- BA (Honours) Creative Art Practice
- MArt Creative Art Practice
- MA/PgDip/PgCert Design (Graphic Design)
- MA/PgDip/PgCert Design (Industrial Design)
- MA/PgDip/PgCert Design (Metalwork and Jewellery)
- MA/PgDip/PgCert Design (Packaging Design)
- MDes Fashion Design
- BA (Honours) Fashion Design
Our City Campus is directly adjacent to Sheffield's central Passenger Transport Interchange at Pond Street, and is a two minute walk from Sheffield's Midland railway station. There is a taxi rank outside the railway station and the journey time to Collegiate Crescent is around 10 minutes. Sheffield is an hour from Leeds and Manchester, and 90 minutes from Birmingham. London is just over two hours away on the train.
Vannetta Seecharran School of Jewellery, based in Islington, London, focuses on teaching professional jewellery making techniques in a way that is fun and accessible to beginners and those who want to pursue jewellery as a hobby or as a profession. As a leading Jeweller and with many years experience as an educator, Vannetta is passionate about teaching and encourages her students to achieve their potential as designer/makers. In addition to teaching professional jewellery making techniques there is an emphasis on developing individual design ideas. In just a few weeks students develop a keen eye for jewellery design and begin to formulate their own ideas for jewellery making.
Vannetta Seecharran School of Jewellery is staffed by highly qualified tutors with Masters degrees and Post Graduate Teaching Diplomas. Tutors bring to the students many years of teaching experience at leading art universities in London, and up to date skills and knowledge of the art and design field. All tutors are practising designer/makers and exhibit their work in the UK and abroad.
• Spend a summer, short semester, or academic year abroad in the UK with Arts University Bournemouth - a leading creative university specialising in arts, performance, design, and media education.
• Situated just 2 hours south-west of London, we provide 1 to 3-term study abroad BA (Hons) courses for Americans, Canadians, international students, and professionals. Subjects include Architecture, Fine Art, Graphic Design, Photography, Visual Effects, and more.
• In addition to our semester abroad courses, we also provide 3-week specialist summer courses for students ages 16+ where you have full access to the university's state-of-the-art facilities. We also provide a 2-week Creative Arts Summer School course for students ages 14-15.
• AUB gives you the opportunity to develop your creative skills and gain credits towards your university degree without spending 2-3 years studying abroad on a full-time basis.
• Our classrooms feature modern equipment, and the university houses one of the largest art and design libraries in the south of England. Students meet industry professionals and find out why the UK has always been an influential creative resource.
Student Review: “AUB staff and other students were very welcoming and supportive - a great atmosphere for being creative and meeting people from around the world” - Phillipe, France
BA (Hons) Semester Abroad Programs: 1, 2 or 3 terms. Subjects include:
• Animation Production
• Digital Media Production
• Fashion Studies
• Film Production
• Fine Art
• Graphic Design
• Visual Communication
• Visual Effects Design & Production..
Specialist 3 Week Summer Courses: • Architecture & 3D Design
• Complete Film Making
• Make-Up for Stage and Screen
• Creative Photography Portfolio
• Introduction to Animation
• Introduction to Fashion Design
• Portfolio Preparation for the Creative Arts
Welcome to Arts Educational Schools London, located in Chiswick, London Borough of Hounslow in West London. For the last 90 years we have taught and developed some of the worlds leading performing artists across all disciplines. The Arts Educational Professional School offers comprehensive training with specialist musical theatre and acting courses including a one year part-time degree course in performance studies, a three year degree courses in acting and musical theatre and a one year masters in acting.
We also offer foundation degrees as well as evening, weekend and holiday courses. Over the years graduates from the School have gone straight into major West End and National theatre productions and musicals, with past students appearing in almost every staged production across the UK. More and more of our graduates can also be seen in regular quality dramas on BBC, ITV and Channel 4 and in British and International feature films. We are accredited by the Council for Dance Education and Training, City University London and The National Council for Drama Training.
• London Art Portfolio is located in Central London, just south of Tower Bridge in Southwark.
• We provide successful Art and Design portfolio preparation, foundation programmes, short courses, evening classes & private tuition for UK and internationals students in a range of fields of fine art and design at all study levels.
• We help to prepare you for University applications, professional interviews or your personal development!
• Prepare for entry to a Masters, Bachelor Degree, Foundation Diploma or Pre-Degree level course in Art and Design.
• We ensure successful placements at all levels, including onto University of the Arts London, UCA & many other renowned art colleges & universities in the UK, USA & other locations around the world.
• London Art Portfolio is run by Julia Dennis, a practicing artist with many years of experience in preparing art and design portfolios for degree applications, organising exhibitions and preparing students for interviews.
• Julia has great success in placing students onto the right course, at the right level, at any stage in your career.
Student Reviews: "Central Saint Martins has offered me a place on Foundation Pathway: Graphic Design. I'm so happy! Thank you so much for your guidance and all heart that you put in to help me out." - Aleksandra, Poland
"At the end of the course, I had an interview at the London College of Fashion and was accepted! It was a great victory & I owe a lot to London Art Portfolio! Thank you very much!" - Paola, Italy
• Fine Art
• Fashion Design
• Graphic Design
• 3D Design / Architecture
Year-round & Summer Courses:
• Portfolio Prep Courses: 24, 18, 12, 6 or 4 weeks
• 1-2 week Enrichment Course in Drawing or Model Making
• Summer Portfolio School- adults & teens
• Digital Portfolio Prep
• Foundation Course in Art and Design- 24 weeks
• One-One Studio Tutorial Support
• One-One Online Tuition
• Short Courses - Half Term, Holiday & Evening classes
• Corporate Workshops & Team Building
Prescott & Mackay School of Fashion and Accesory Design
Courses / Programs
Prescott & Mackay offers a unique range of short courses in fashion & accessory design from studios in London, San Francisco, Berkeley, New York and Melbourne. Courses run from beginner to advanced levels, and include shoemaking, bag making, belt making, corsetry, millinery and tutu making. Students can choose between group sessions, and private tuition.
All P&M tutors are among the best in their fields in the world, and many of them are world-renowned designers themselves. The concept for Prescott & Mackay was formulated in 1997 by British founder Melissa Needham, member of the British Footwear Association and Royal Society of the Arts. She recognised a rising passion for shoe and accessory design, yet a distinct lack of provision for those who were unable to attend full time study.
"I haven't had so much fun for ages. The teaching atmosphere was wonderful and I came away having made a pair of shoes I couldn't wait to show off. I couldn't believe I'd made them myself and nor could anyone else!"
- Caroline, Preston
- Shoemaking (Beginner to Advanced 1 & 2-day Workshops)
- Bag Making (1, 2 or 5-day Intensive Courses)
- Belt Making (1-day Beginners Course)
- Corsetry (Beginner to Advanced Classes)
- Tutu Making (2-day Courses)
- Millinery (Hat Making)
- Create Your Own Course
- 1-on-1 Private Tuition
- Industry Training
- Corporate Events
Cambridge School of Visual and Performing Arts (CSVPA) is the UK’s leading provider of Art & Design, Drama and Music pathway programmes. It is located in Cambridge City in the county of Cambridgeshire in south-east England, about 50 miles north east of London. It is part of the Cambridge Education Group, which has been helping UK and international students achieve their best for over 55 years.
CSVPA specialises in Art & Design, Drama and Music courses at Higher Education level, all run in our state of the art centre in the heart of Cambridge, open to students 12 hours a day, seven days a week. Our Art & Design Foundation Diploma is accredited by University of the Arts London Awarding Body, and students graduating from the course go on to a range of top Arts schools. In 2009, over 40% of our diploma graduates went on to UAL colleges for their degree. Other students choose to stay at CSVPA for BA Hons degrees in Fashion or Graphic Design & Illustration.
We also offer a RADA-approved one-year Drama Foundation. In 2010 graduates went on to RSAMD, Bristol Old Vic and East 15. And we have a one year Music Foundation for students aiming at a career either in performance or music production.