Learning disabilities boarding school in Connecticut: Special needs boarding school in New England for boys & girls with Aspergers, ADHD. Residential therapeutic programs for middle school & high school students with emotional issues from Hartford, Stamford, New Haven, Bridgeport, Norwalk, VT, RI, MA, NY, IL, NH..
The Glenholme School: Located in Washington, a town in Litchfield County CT, The Glenholme School is a specialized boarding school that provides a therapeutic program and exceptional learning environment to address varying levels of academic, social and emotional development in boys and girls ages 10-21.
The Glenholme School is located on 100 acres of countryside in the foothills of the Berkshire Mountains in Washington, a town in Litchfield County, Connecticut. Visitors can acquaint themselves with Washington's specialty shops, antique stores, and art galleries well as some of Connecticut's finest restaurants and accommodations.
Located on picturesque Gardner Lake in Oakdale, in New London County CT, St. Thomas More School is an accredited college preparatory Catholic boarding school for boys. We offer Grades 8 - postgraduate for US students, and Grade 7 - postgraduate for international students.
Our current student population is approximately 200 students representing 15 states and six countries. Our school was founded in 1962 to serve young men with ability who have not yet fulfilled their potential.
At St. Thomas More you will learn an essential truth: the more you apply yourself, the more you will accomplish. In the small, familial community that is our school, we expect you to do more because we do more for you.
Classes are small, on average 11, so you can expect to learn more. We offer over 50 different courses in our high school curriculum with individual help available and a monitored evening study hall.
The Marvelwood School, in Kent, Connecticut (2 hours from New York City), is an accredited, college preparatory, co-educational boarding school offering Grades 9-12.
Marvelwood's mission is to strengthen the foundation that leads to personal growth and academic success. We seek young people willing to get involved in their own education and committed to the challenge of preparing for college.
Our school is an optimistic place that provides a structured, supportive and challenging environment, celebrates diversity, and awakens untapped potential. Marvelwood is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC).
With 170 students, the school is small enough for everybody to know everybody else. That also means that every person plays an important role in the life of the school. Students can find roles they are comfortable in as well as responsibilities that challenge them.
Located in Concord, Middlesex County MA, Concord Academy is a co-educational, independent, college preparatory boarding & day school for Grades 9-12 offering standardized testing, college preparation courses and advanced placement courses.
Believing that education is most meaningful when students find rewards in the learning itself, CA constructs an academic program that engages students’ minds and hearts and helps them become lifelong learners. Our students are encouraged to think with analytical power, imagination, and creativity.
Boarding options are available in one of our houses on campus or with host families. This is often the preferred option of new students.
Host families are usually parents of day students who wish to share their home and family experiences with a new student. Each student house has a house manager, a junior selected by house parents and the previous years’ Boarding Council.
• The Academy of the Holy Family (AHF) is an accredited Catholic day and boarding high school for American and international young women in Grades 9-12.
• Our school is located in Baltic, a town in the state of Connecticut in the New England region of north-eastern USA (approximately 2 hours from Boston and 2,5 hours from NYC).
• Our mission is to provide young women with a strong sense of Christian values and a challenging academic program empowering each individual to reach her spiritual, intellectual, moral and social potential. We welcome new students throughout the year.
• Owned and operated by the Congregation of the Sisters of Charity of Our Lady, Mother of the Church, we have a rich tradition of educating young women in excellence for over 130 years.
• Young women have opportunities to thrive in this nurturing atmosphere, allowing them to reach their full spiritual, intellectual, moral and social potential. Our graduates attend a wide range of colleges and universities across the country.
• College Preparation, Honors and Advanced Placement (AP) courses are available.
• Students attend small, family like classes taught by dedicated religious and lay staff.
• Subjects include: Religion; English; Mathematics; Science; Foreign Language; Social Studies; Fine Arts; Computer; Family Studies; Physical Education. ESL English is offered for our international students.
• We provide boarding for both American and international students.
Located in northwestern Montana, Turning Winds Academic Institute (TWAI) is an accredited, family-run, therapeutic boarding school for troubled teens (boys and girls) ages 13-18.
We welcome students from Massachusetts, across the U.S., and students from around the world (TWAI is authorized to issue 1-20's for international students).
In our beautiful, peaceful, and safe location, we combine the benefits of a therapeutic boarding school, a wilderness program, and a residential treatment center (RTC).
TWAI has been serving struggling teens and their families since 2002, with an exceptional degree of success.
We provide an extremely high standard of therapeutic treatment to our students, and offer help for the following presenting issues: poor academic performance, behavioral problems, addictions, low self-worth, spectrum disorders, ADD/ADHD, and attachment disorders among others.
With a passion for helping young people in crisis, our clinical, educational, and operations staff are among the best in the country.
We are a small program (40 students) which means that we are able to provide a truly unique and customized approach for every student.
Typically our on site student to staff ratio is 5:1. The average stay at our residential treatment center is 12 months.
Parent Testimonial: "We feel reassured that our son Chad is in good hands being guided onto the right track...We are really beginning to get our son back again! We thank you from the bottom of our hearts."
Forman School in Litchfield, CT is a coeducational college-preparatory boarding and day school offering grades 9-12 and postgraduates to students with identified learning differences including dyslexia, dysgraphia, dyscalculia, and ADD/ADHD.
We are located in the scenic Northwest Hills of Connecticut, just 2.5 hours from New York City by car. Our community is comprised of 215 students from 25 states and 16 international countries.
A Forman education is based on the knowledge that students learn differently. An average class size of six and student-faculty ratio of 3:1 makes it possible to prepare each student for college and beyond. A strong close-knit community provides a secure place to live and learn.
At Forman, our students feel safe and the School becomes a second home. We are a community where relationships matter and where we watch out for and support each other. The sense of community and independence is evident every day, in all that we do.
Our program does not support students with a diagnosis of Autism or Aspergers, nor does it support students with behavioral or emotional difficulties.
College Preparatory Curriculum (grades 9-12 + PG):
- English; Mathematics; History, including U.S. History; Science, Executive Functioning, Thinking and Writing; Strategies Instruction, Perspectives in Learning, Arts; World Language, Winterim, Community Service.
- 26 competitive athletic offerings, extensive visual and performing arts programs, boat building, sign language, rock and jazz band, theater, videography and photography, and the Costa Rican Rain Forest Project.