Therapeutic boarding school in Connecticut: Residential treatment programs for boys & girls with Aspergers, ADHD & depression. Special needs boarding for middle school & high school students with learning differences from Hartford, New Haven, Stamford, Bridgeport, Norwalk, VT, RI, MA, NY, IL, NH, NJ, PA..
The Glenholme School, Litchfield: Located in Washington, a town in Litchfield County CT, The Glenholme School is a specialized boarding school that provides a therapeutic program and exceptional learning environment to address varying levels of academic, social and emotional development in boys and girls ages 10-21.
Traditional Boarding School & Therapeutic Atmosphere for Boys & Girls in Grades 5-12: Glenholme offers small classes with certified special education teachers who deliver a quality education to enhance the student's academic strengths and remediate their educational difficulties.
Glenholme is accredited by NEASC and COA and licensed by NEASC and various state boards of education. Credits earned at Glenholme are recognized toward graduation requirements.
Services Provided by The Glenholme School: - Grades 5-12, + PG curriculum - both college preparatory and non-college preparatory - 12 month boarding - Day School Program - Extended Day Programs (before and after school programs) - Speech and Language Therapy - individual, groups, and teacher consultation - Vocational Exposure/Experience
Extracurricular Activities: Glenholme offers a variety of cultural activities, which include: - arts - drama - instrumental music and chorus - technology - video communications - radio station - photography - community service - equestrian program - culinary program
For those students interested in sports, Glenholme provides a variety of intramural and interscholastic activities, which may include: - soccer - basketball - softball - tennis - track and field - swimming - volleyball - spirit squad - hiking - archery - go-karts - and more
Located in Granby (part of the Springfield MA metro area), The MacDuffie School is an accredited, co-educational, college preparatory day & boarding school offering 6th-12th Grade (day) & 9th-12th Grade (boarding) programs.
MacDuffie students hail from all over the country and the world, as well as from Springfield and surrounding towns in Massachusetts and Connecticut.
Our students come from diverse social and economic backgrounds, and their interaction helps to make MacDuffie an exciting environment in which to learn. Our graduates attend some of the country's most selective colleges and continue on to successful careers.
Approximately 90 miles west of Boston, The MacDuffie School is a rigorous college preparatory school whose mission is to foster in all students the intellectual habits of mind, high ethical standards and respect for diversity required for becoming effective individuals in their personal and work lives and moral and responsible participants in the world beyond.
The MacDuffie School is fully accredited by the New England Association of School & Colleges.
Courses & features include:
- English As A Second Language (ESL)
- British Literature
- American Literature
- AP Modern European History
- U.S. History
- World languages
- Student government
- Advanced Placement courses...
Choate Rosemary Hall (Choate) represents the best in American secondary education.
Located in Wallingford, CT (2 hours by car/train from Boston & New York), Choate is a private, college-preparatory, coeducational boarding and day school offering third form through sixth form (grades 9-12), including a post-graduate year option.
Our balanced curriculum offers students a firm grounding in the fundamentals of clear thinking and expression — with emphasis on individual development.
Students new to Choate sometimes ask what they need to do to "fit in." The answer is simple: Be yourself and get involved. Choate is a community that has long embraced students and faculty of many backgrounds, cultures, races, and beliefs.
What binds everyone together is not just the shared commitment to superior teaching and learning but the supportive atmosphere in the community. There is pride in the fact that there is no "typical" Choate student.
Situated in Thompson, Windham County CT (1 hour from Boston), Marianapolis Preparatory School (MPS) is an accredited, co-ed, college preparatory day & boarding school offering Grades 9-12 and a postgraduate year.
Academics are the heart of a Marianapolis education, and each student thrives within a rigorous college preparatory course of study.
Marianapolis nurtures students to become responsible and independent learners, as well as challenges students with an exciting and extensive program emphasizing breadth of intellectual exposure, depth of study, and significant out-of-class preparation.
The mission of Marianapolis Preparatory School is to educate students in the Catholic tradition of academic excellence, with a commitment to an active faith in God and a dedication to building character with content, compassion, and integrity.
Marianapolis Preparatory School is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC) Connecticut State Department of Education.
Co-ed Day & Boarding School Programs for Grades 9-12 & Postgrad:
Subjects & programs include:
- World History
- U.S. History
- Foreign Language
- Fine Arts
- Arts and Music
- Summer School
- Advanced Placement
- Honors Programs...
The Marvelwood School, in Kent, Connecticut (2 hours from New York City), is an accredited, college preparatory, co-educational boarding school offering Grades 9-12.
Marvelwood's mission is to strengthen the foundation that leads to personal growth and academic success. We seek young people willing to get involved in their own education and committed to the challenge of preparing for college.
Our school is an optimistic place that provides a structured, supportive and challenging environment, celebrates diversity, and awakens untapped potential. Marvelwood is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC).
With 170 students, the school is small enough for everybody to know everybody else. That also means that every person plays an important role in the life of the school. Students can find roles they are comfortable in as well as responsibilities that challenge them.
Forman School in Litchfield, CT is a coeducational college-preparatory boarding and day school offering grades 9-12 and postgraduates to students with identified learning differences including dyslexia, dysgraphia, dyscalculia, and ADD/ADHD.
We are located in the scenic Northwest Hills of Connecticut, just 2.5 hours from New York City by car. Our community is comprised of 215 students from 25 states and 16 international countries.
A Forman education is based on the knowledge that students learn differently. An average class size of six and student-faculty ratio of 3:1 makes it possible to prepare each student for college and beyond. A strong close-knit community provides a secure place to live and learn.
At Forman, our students feel safe and the School becomes a second home. We are a community where relationships matter and where we watch out for and support each other. The sense of community and independence is evident every day, in all that we do.
Our program does not support students with a diagnosis of Autism or Aspergers, nor does it support students with behavioral or emotional difficulties.
College Preparatory Curriculum (grades 9-12 + PG):
- English; Mathematics; History, including U.S. History; Science, Executive Functioning, Thinking and Writing; Strategies Instruction, Perspectives in Learning, Arts; World Language, Winterim, Community Service.
- 26 competitive athletic offerings, extensive visual and performing arts programs, boat building, sign language, rock and jazz band, theater, videography and photography, and the Costa Rican Rain Forest Project.
• The Academy of the Holy Family (AHF) is an accredited Catholic day and boarding high school for American and international young women in Grades 9-12.
• Our school is located in Baltic, a town in the state of Connecticut in the New England region of north-eastern USA (approximately 2 hours from Boston and 2,5 hours from NYC).
• Our mission is to provide young women with a strong sense of Christian values and a challenging academic program empowering each individual to reach her spiritual, intellectual, moral and social potential. We welcome new students throughout the year.
• Owned and operated by the Congregation of the Sisters of Charity of Our Lady, Mother of the Church, we have a rich tradition of educating young women in excellence for over 130 years.
• Young women have opportunities to thrive in this nurturing atmosphere, allowing them to reach their full spiritual, intellectual, moral and social potential. Our graduates attend a wide range of colleges and universities across the country.
• College Preparation, Honors and Advanced Placement (AP) courses are available.
• Students attend small, family like classes taught by dedicated religious and lay staff.
• Subjects include: Religion; English; Mathematics; Science; Foreign Language; Social Studies; Fine Arts; Computer; Family Studies; Physical Education. ESL English is offered for our international students.
• We provide boarding for both American and international students.