Choate Rosemary Hall: Choate Rosemary Hall (Choate) is a private, college-preparatory, coeducational boarding and day school situated in Wallingford, Connecticut (2 hours by car/train from Boston & New York). Choate offers third form through sixth form (grades 9-12), including a post-graduate year option.
Located in Wallingford, Connecticut, just two hours from Boston and New York. New Haven, only 12 miles away, is a major stop for AMTRAK (including the high-speed Acela train) on the New York- Washington, DC-Boston run.
A major airport (Meriden Markham Municipal Airport) is just 45 minutes away. New Haven and Hartford also offer concerts, theaters, museums, and restaurants.
The Storm King School is a college preparatory boarding and day school (Grades 8-12), located on the crest of Storm King Mountain in the Hudson Valley, one hour north of New York City.
Founded in 1867, The Storm King School celebrates a long tradition of helping students translate potential into success.
We do so through academic classes (including 10 AP classes and support for students with learning differences and the gifted), fine and performing arts with state-of-the-art facilities (including a 230-seat theatre), competitive sports and activities, outdoor adventure and extracurricular activities.
The Storm King School has a teacher to student ratio of 1:5 and a 100% college acceptance rate.
Accredited Co-educational College Preparatory Curriculum:
- Boarding program for students in Grades 8-12
- Day program for students in Grades 8-12
Core Subjects Include:
- History (including US History)
- ESL History
- Foreign Languages
- English as a Second Language (ESL)
- Performing Arts (theater, music, dance)
- Visual Arts (fine arts, digital design, photography, video and music production)
- Outdoor Adventure
• The Academy of the Holy Family (AHF) is an accredited Catholic day and boarding high school for American and international young women in Grades 9-12.
• Our school is located in Baltic, a town in the state of Connecticut in the New England region of north-eastern USA (approximately 2 hours from Boston and 2,5 hours from NYC).
• Our mission is to provide young women with a strong sense of Christian values and a challenging academic program empowering each individual to reach her spiritual, intellectual, moral and social potential. We welcome new students throughout the year.
• Owned and operated by the Congregation of the Sisters of Charity of Our Lady, Mother of the Church, we have a rich tradition of educating young women in excellence for over 130 years.
• Young women have opportunities to thrive in this nurturing atmosphere, allowing them to reach their full spiritual, intellectual, moral and social potential. Our graduates attend a wide range of colleges and universities across the country.
• College Preparation, Honors and Advanced Placement (AP) courses are available.
• Students attend small, family like classes taught by dedicated religious and lay staff.
• Subjects include: Religion; English; Mathematics; Science; Foreign Language; Social Studies; Fine Arts; Computer; Family Studies; Physical Education. ESL English is offered for our international students.
• We provide boarding for both American and international students.
The Marvelwood School, in Kent, Connecticut (2 hours from New York City), is an accredited, college preparatory, co-educational boarding school offering Grades 9-12.
Marvelwood's mission is to strengthen the foundation that leads to personal growth and academic success. We seek young people willing to get involved in their own education and committed to the challenge of preparing for college.
Our school is an optimistic place that provides a structured, supportive and challenging environment, celebrates diversity, and awakens untapped potential. Marvelwood is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC).
With 170 students, the school is small enough for everybody to know everybody else. That also means that every person plays an important role in the life of the school. Students can find roles they are comfortable in as well as responsibilities that challenge them.
Forman School in Litchfield, CT is a coeducational college-preparatory boarding and day school offering grades 9-12 and postgraduates to students with identified learning differences including dyslexia, dysgraphia, dyscalculia, and ADD/ADHD.
We are located in the scenic Northwest Hills of Connecticut, just 2.5 hours from New York City by car. Our community is comprised of 215 students from 25 states and 16 international countries.
A Forman education is based on the knowledge that students learn differently. An average class size of six and student-faculty ratio of 3:1 makes it possible to prepare each student for college and beyond. A strong close-knit community provides a secure place to live and learn.
At Forman, our students feel safe and the School becomes a second home. We are a community where relationships matter and where we watch out for and support each other. The sense of community and independence is evident every day, in all that we do.
Our program does not support students with a diagnosis of Autism or Aspergers, nor does it support students with behavioral or emotional difficulties.
College Preparatory Curriculum (grades 9-12 + PG):
- English; Mathematics; History, including U.S. History; Science, Executive Functioning, Thinking and Writing; Strategies Instruction, Perspectives in Learning, Arts; World Language, Winterim, Community Service.
- 26 competitive athletic offerings, extensive visual and performing arts programs, boat building, sign language, rock and jazz band, theater, videography and photography, and the Costa Rican Rain Forest Project.
The Glenholme School is located in Washington, a town in Litchfield County CT.
The school combines a traditional boarding school experience and a therapeutic atmosphere complemented by a positive, motivational program, devoted to young people (ages 10-21) who struggle with Asperger's, ADHD, depression, anxiety, and various learning differences.
The Glenholme School offers challenging extracurricular courses to instruct students in grades 5 through post-graduate (PG) to achieve competence, socially and academically. The graduates of Glenholme matriculate to colleges and universities and go on to meaningful careers.
Instruction, in both self-contained and departmentalized classes, comprises elements of small group and individualized instruction through diverse curricula and presentation methods. These varied approaches help to meet individual learning styles and course work needs.
The Stony Brook School, located in Stony Brook (50 miles East of NYC), on the beautiful north shore of Long Island, New York, is a college preparatory, co-educational boarding and day school for grades 7-12.
SBS is home to approximately 180 boarders every year. Our desire is for our students to learn and grow as they live together in a safe and comfortable community. There are currently 7 single-gender residential halls that house our boarding students and approximately 14 to 15 faculty families.
Students are trained to be leaders with integrity and virtue. The Stony Brook School offers an academic program that is challenging, comprehensive, and that recognizes the interconnected-ness of academic disciplines. Students are encouraged to ask questions, to think independently, and to write well.