Intensive summer French courses in France: French Leaving Cert revision classes for Irish secondary school students. Summer French exam preparation classes for the Leaving Certificate, French & surf courses for beginner, intermediate & advanced surfers.
Students can expect to be challenged in a supported environment. A set of notes will be provided for students attending the summer academy. These will be of great use to students when preparing for exams at a High Level. As a result students would be expected to speak as much French as possible in class time in order to maximize exposure to the language.. The duration of each French language class is 2 hours & the maximum number of students per class is 16.
Level: The Academy offers an "ordinary" and "higher" level course. Groups will be streamed according t an assesment upon their arrival at the camp. Previous examination results may also be taken into account.
Syllabus: The course is organised around modules, each focusing on one topic, and promotes communicative proficiency, language awareness and cultural awareness.
Surf or Hockey Instruction:
- Surf instruction from surf instructors with international experience. Our surf instructors work with local French instructors to ensure that both languages can be spoken on the water.
- Our Hockey coaches are all fully qualified while also having top level international experience both playing and coaching.
Safety: At the Academy, we are proud to go the extra mile in terms of safety. We believe that safety is paramount. The team is comprised of fully qualified and experienced instructors. We ensure that a ratio of one instructor to eight pupils is strictly observed. In addition a lifeguard will be on duty at surf lessons. The team is familiar with local conditions and observes the safety guidelines prescribed by the International Surf Association.
Level: At the Academy, we welcome beginners and intermediate/ advanced camp goers in their sport. We aim to create a fun and safe environment for newcomers to enjoy learning. For intermediate/ advanced camp goers we aim to create the same fun and safe environment required for you to progress your skills with instruction from world class surfers and hockey coaches.
On the Water/ Out on the pitch: Camp members will receive at least 8/11 (11 day camp/ fortnight camp) lessons, provided conditions permit. We go on our day trips when conditions are not safe. When conditions are perfect we make the most of it.
Off the Water: At the Academy we offer the entire experience with lessons on water safety, ocean awareness and wave conditions.
Equipment: All equipment will be provided by us, although participants may bring their own wet suits and boards if they so wish. Students must bring their own hockey sticks.
* The French & Surf Academy focus on: - Quality French Tuition. - Quality Surf Instruction. - Ensuring the necessary safe and fun environment for such a unique experience.
The Spanish & Hockey Academy focus on: - Quality Spanish Tuition - Quality Hockey Instruction - Ensuring the necessary safe and fun environment for such a unique experience.
* Additionally: A wide variety of activities, day trips and cultural activities are organised.
Riviera French Institute organises French language camps for young learners and teenagers on the Côte d’Azur in Southern France. Our 1-4 week language immersion courses are combined with a fully inclusive programme of social activities and excursions.
Our Language Camp for teenagers enable young learners to learn French whilst enjoying the delights of the Riviera. Students are accommodated with local host-families. We offer 16 lessons weekly. We also have a Social and Active French Programme that mean young students consolidate their language learning every afternoon and with the host family in the evening.
We have developed our study holidays to help every child & teen improve their French through expert teaching and exciting activities while making new friends from around the world.
ESFA Language Travel, located in Juan-les-Pins/Antibes in the heart of the French Riviera, is a leader in foreign language travel offering international summer camps for teens. ESFA was started in 1968 in Lyon, France, which means we have over 40 years of experience in language travel and study abroad. Our advisors are multi-lingual and all have extensive experience living and studying abroad. ESFA is accredited by the French Minister of Youth and Sports, and only works with accredited language partners around the world.
Home-stay Programs include:
- Language classes in small groups
- Qualified and experienced language teachers
- Oral and written communication
- Cultural and sports activity program
- Excursions and field trips on the weekend
Notre Dame International High School (NDIHS) is an international high school, conveniently located 30 minutes north-west of Paris, that provides an American-styled high school curriculum to students from around the world in Grades 9-12.
Our summer French classes take place at the Nacel French Language School, close to the Tolbiac or Place d'Italie metro stations.
While our academic year curriculum is taught in English, we also offer an extensive French language and culture program as well as enrichment courses (music, art, physical education) throughout the year, taught by French teachers.
Our 2-week intensive French summer course in August is recommended for new and returning students, who are not native French language speakers, to prepare to study at NDIHS in September, when the academic year starts.
We teach students from beginner to advanced level. Students attend morning French classes, and discover the main Parisian sights in afternoon activities.
Students improve their French knowledge while settling in Paris and adapting to their new life in France. Accommodation is organized in a residence located in Paris city center.
If your child has a keen interest in European history, philosophy, art, archeology, and mythology, then what better way to nurture that interest than with the ultimate academic adventure with Abbey Road Programs? Our History of Western Civilization program combines travel, adventure, history and cultural immersion as students in Grades 9-12 spend 6 nights each in Athens, Rome, Florence and Paris traveling and exploring alongside our staff of expert instructors, who specialize in European history from Ancient Greece to Revolutionary France.
The Paris leg of our History of Western Civilization program takes the Bastille, Versailles, Notre Dame, Sainte Chapelle, the Arc de Triomphe, and other landmarks while opening up a discussion on the Middle Ages, the era of absolute monarchy, the French Revolution, and the French Enlightenment. We also visit the Louvre, Museé d’Orsay, and the Centre Pompidou.
Discuss Athenian daily life at the Ancient Agora right underneath the Acropolis in Athens, walk in Caesar’s footsteps in the Roman Forum, marvel at Michelangelo’s works in Florence’s Piazza della Signoria and contemplate Louis XIV’s idea of Absolutism while sitting in the gardens of Versailles. Abbey Road Programs simply offer the academic and cultural immersion trip of a lifetime!
French Summer Camps provides sporting, cultural and linguistic summer camp programs for children and teens (ages 8-16) on the French Riviera. Situated in the city of Hyeres, on the southeastern coast of France, we are a French State-recognized organization that specializes in the planning and running of educational language travel programs.
We guarantee top-quality 1-week holiday programs for your children in a wholly safe environment. Our programs are run by a group of highly-experienced teachers from the French state educational system.
Our camps provide a unique learning environment in which your children will learn at their own pace. Students are immersed within a group of French natives of their own age in the fun environment of a genuine French Summer Camp.
• Give your child or teenager an unforgettable summer experience on the beautiful French Riviera with French Summer Classes!
• Ideally situated in Cannes on the Mediterranean Coast, we provide summer French immersion programs for children (from age 6+) and teenagers (junior & high school students). We welcome students of all levels - from complete beginner to advanced.
• In addition, we provide summer French courses for adults, making it possible for whole families to attend our school at the same time.
• Here in Cannes, you can take advantage of a cosmopolitan, relaxed and fun atmosphere within a small, friendly school. Our French summer courses allow young students to learn French in an enjoyable and effective way, while enjoying a wonderful vacation in the South of France.
• Qualified and experienced French teachers provide language classes in the morning, leaving the afternoons free for leisure and recreational activities.
• Based on their age and French language ability, your child will be placed in the class that best suits them. Class sizes are kept small (maximum 8 students), which ensures that each child receives individual attention.
Student Review: "We really enjoyed the classes at the school. This is the third time we have attended the school and will not be the last. The teaching is of really high level and the service we have received was second to none. Thank you so much!"
- Yonita & Lara, from London, U.K – attended French summer courses for adults & children