Leiths School of Food and Wine, West London:
Located in Shepherd's Bush, West London, Leiths School of Food and Wine has an international reputation as a first-class culinary institute for chefs. Students come from all over the world to enjoy dedicated cooking classes in a friendly atmosphere with professionally-trained chefs. We provide one-day cooking classes, evening courses, weekend classes, and week-long classes as well as Professional Certificate and Diploma courses from foundation to advanced levels. Cooking styles, techniques and flavours taught include Italian, Indian, Moroccan, Vietnamese, and more. The minimum age is generally 18, but younger students may be considered.
- Cooking Classes for Professional and Amateur Chefs
The guiding principle is to impart enthusiasm for the food and wine trade and instil a lasting love of good food and wine. This is not restricted to career cooks – many enthusiastic amateurs join us in our varied programme of courses and our diverse range of special events.
- Qualified & Experienced Instructors
The teaching staff are trained professional chefs, with experience in the real world of restaurants and commercial catering. In addition, renowned chefs, cookery writers and Masters of Wine regularly demonstrate or lecture at the School.
- Career Guidance
Leiths School has close links with some of the UK’s top restaurants, which provide the students with work experience, and many successful graduates go on to work for them.
Our "Professional Courses" are for those who are interested in a career in the Culinary Arts. Whether your desire is to become a Michelin starred chef, start your own food business, work in food media, run a catering company or become a private cook; a professional Leiths course will provide you with the skills to get started. Courses include:
• Leiths Food & Wine Diploma (3-term course)
• Leiths Two Term Diploma (for experienced students)
• Foundation Certificate (1-term)
• Intermediate Certificate (1-term)
• Advanced Certificate (1-term)
• Essential Certificate (4-week course)
Short-term Cooking Courses - for amateur home cooks:
These are fun, informal classes are designed for enthusiastic home cooks. Focusing on specific skills or themes, students usually cook in pairs and sit down to enjoy what they have cooked for lunch. Courses include:
• One Day Classes
• Evening Classes
• One Week Classes
• Drinks Classes, Tastings and Demonstrations
• Food Writing and Food Styling
• Cooking for Young People (ages 12-17)
To gain a Leiths School of Food and Wine Diploma, or to gain a Foundation, Intermediate or Advanced Certificate, students will be continually assessed during the practical sessions.
They must also pass the theory and practical examinations and complete the coursework. To pass the Basic Certificate students will undertake a practical assessment and theory exam.
• Students for whom English is a second language should normally have reached an IELTS (The International English Language Testing System) band score (or equivalent) of 6 for the ten week course and 6.5 for longer courses.
• Students from abroad may be required to send a résumé of their cooking experience, knowledge and skills. International/non-EU students Study visas are required for courses up to 6 months whilst Tier 4 Study visas are required for courses in excess of 6 months.
Email: Contact Us
- Courses / Programs
|Address: 16-20 Wendell Road, London, England W12 9RT, UK & England|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2020 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.