TEFL / TESOL schools in Spain: TEFL courses in Madrid, TESOL certification programs, Cambridge CELTA certificate, accredited DELTA diploma course, ESL teacher training, TESL certificate, teaching English as a second language to children, young learners....
International House Madrid: International House Madrid (IH Madrid) in Spain offers a range of TEFL / TESOL teacher training qualifications for students from all over the world. We offer a Cambridge CELTA (Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults) course, a Cambridge DELTA (Diploma in English Language Teaching to Adults) course and a Young Learner Certificate course for students who wish to teach English as a second language to children and teenagers. IH Madrid has over 20 years of experience in ESL teacher training.
International House Madrid offers the following TEFL / TESOL teacher training programs:
CELTA (Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults) Course: The CELTA (Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults) course is the original 'TEFL' course. The CELTA provides initial training leading to a Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults. It is intended for those without previous experience who wish to enter the profession and for teachers with no previous training in this field. Success in the Certificate has enabled many candidates to obtain their first teaching position: the course is highly regarded by employers as providing sound initial training and a strong basis from which to develop as a teacher of English.
Course Content: - Language Analysis and Awareness - The Learner, The Teacher and the Teaching/Learning Context - Planning for Effective Teaching - Classroom Management Skills - Teaching Procedures and Techniques - Resources and Materials - Professional Development - Classroom Observation - Teaching Practice
The Cambridge Modular DELTA (Diploma in English Language Teaching to Adults) Course: Following a comprehensive review of Delta, Cambridge ESOL has introduced a revised syllabus comprising three modules:
• Module One focuses on the background to teaching and learning • Module Two focuses on developing professional practice • Module Three focuses on a specialist option (e.g. Young Learners, ESP, 1-1)
Module One: Understanding Language Skills for Teaching (20 credits)
This module looks at the theories behind how people learn languages and how they are taught
Units: - Theoretical perspectives on language acquisition and language learning - Different approaches and methodologies including current developments - Language systems and learners’ linguistic problems - Language skills and learner’s problems - Knowledge of resources, materials and reference sources - Key concepts and terminology related to assessment
Assessment: Module One is assessed via a written examination.
Module Two: Developing Professional Practice (20 credits)
This module looks at the theory and practice of teaching and the different ways that environment, society and cultural affect the way that it works.
Units: - working with language learners in a variety of learning contexts - preparation for teaching learners of English - evaluation, selection and use of resources and materials for teaching purposes - managing and supporting learning - evaluation of lesson preparation and teaching - observation and evaluation of other teachers’ lessons - professionalism and professional development
Assessment: Module Two is assessed via a portfolio of coursework, including observed lessons, background written assignments, and an externally-assessed lesson observation
Module Three: Extending practice and English language teaching specialisation (20 credits)
Units: - a chosen specialist area - curriculum and syllabus design principles - evaluation, selection and use of resources and materials for teaching purposes - different types of syllabus - approaches to needs analysis - course design and evaluation - assessment of learners
Assessment: Module Three is assessed via an extended written assignment.
IH Madrid Young Learner Certificate Course: This course is designed for teachers who have either limited experience of teaching young learners or need to develop their current skills to teaching different ages or levels of children in different situations.
With locations in both Barcelona and Madrid, Oxbridge offers an intensive TEFL training course in both cities with 20+ hours real teaching practice, as well as providing English language courses to more than 800 students & 150 clients. Employment opportunities are sometimes available for some of our best TEFL students.
The Oxbridge TEFL course exceeds all internationally accepted standards for ESL teacher training. The course has been designed with the knowledge and expertise of experienced professionals with extensive teaching practice, teacher training experience and preparation in applied linguistics.
The Oxbridge TEFL course is comprehensive and includes an outline of all the different language teaching methods. It reflects the kind of teaching we will encourage you to do with your students in the classroom. You will be exposed to different lecturers, teaching styles and students, and guided by a system that uses a modern and unique approach to English teaching.
All applicants for the TEFL course need to pass through the interview process and can then be offered sponsorship. We also offer foreign language experience, job guidance and advice about developing a career as a teacher.
Intensive TEFL training course in Barcelona or Madrid:
- The programme is a 4-week intensive TEFL course, 120 hours, which includes 20+ hours of teaching practice.
- The focus is on practical teaching components with observed and guided teaching practice.
- We will provide you with exposure to all possible levels (beginners to advanced), a range of ages, different group sizes (from one-to-one teaching up to groups of 8 students) and various groups with specific purposes.
International House Palma is located in the centre of Palma de Mallorca, the capital of the Spanish Mediterranean island of Mallorca (Majorca). The school offers the Cambridge Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults (CELTA) program, probably the most widely recognised qualification within the English language teaching (ELT) profession. The CELTA course is suitable for both those new to the profession and it can also act as a refresher course for those with some TEFL experience but with no formal training.
The school occupies all four floors of a traditional Mallorquin building in the heart of the city's Gothic Quarter, opposite the city hall and two minutes from the 9th Century Arab baths and 13th century cathedral. The school has 15 air conditioned classrooms, a computer room with cable internet access and a wireless hotspot floor. It is also surrounded by narrow pedestrianised streets where students enjoy sipping coffee in the shade of orange and lemon trees.
Get TEFL certified in beautiful Barcelona! Bridge-Linguatec graduates receive an internationally recognized 140-hour TEFL certificate preparing you to teach English worldwide. Bridge-Linguatec offers world-class Teacher Training Certificate programs designed to prepare you to join the exciting field of English training.
Graduates of our certificate programs are trained in the latest methodologies and coached in the skills necessary to teach English effectively to students from a variety of nationalities, educational levels, and often with specific requirements and needs in the language.
Located on Spain’s northern Mediterranean coast, Barcelona is one of Europe’s most-visited destinations. The cosmopolitan city boasts an astounding array of cultural, recreational, and entertainment offerings.
- The BridgeTEFL certificate is an intensive 4-week, 140-hour course that prepares you to teach English anywhere in the world.
- Graduates will finish the course with a better understanding of the English language, practical experience with a variety of teaching techniques, and confidence in the classroom.
- This comprehensive course is for candidates with no previous English teaching experience, but is also suitable for those who have some experience but no formal training in the TEFL field.
StudyCELTA: CELTA Courses Las Palmas, Gran Canaria
Courses / Programs
Earn an internationally-recognised English teacher qualification while experiencing life in the beautiful Canary Islands!
Conveniently located in the centre of Las Palmas which is the capital of Gran Canaria, the StudyCELTA teacher training centre provides a full-time, 4-week CELTA (Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults) which is available throughout the year to students from around the world.
Designed for people with little or no previous teaching experience, CELTA is the most frequently sought after qualification for TEFL jobs worldwide. The fact that it is awarded by Cambridge English Language Assessment (part of the world-famous University of Cambridge), means that you can rely on its quality and recognition.
StudyCELTA tutors are highly-qualified and professional trainers, with extensive experience of teaching English as a Foreign Language (EFL) to students of all levels and in a variety of contexts. Incorporating teaching practice into the comprehensive curriculum, the CELTA course will open up a whole world of exciting teaching opportunities.
• EBC Madrid is an accredited centre of Trinity College, and a leading provider of internationally-recognised TEFL courses and job placement opportunities for career-change seekers and global travelers.
• EBC offers aBritish Council-accepted Trinity CertTESOL certificate course in Madrid, the ability to earn up to 60 university credits, and the key resource of free worldwide, lifetime job placement for our TEFL graduates.
• The Trinity CertTESOL qualification is preferred by many renowned language schools worldwide, and over the last 16 years, EBC has been instrumental in helping more than 8000+ TEFL graduates finance their travels and realise their dreams of living and working outside of their home countries.
• If you are a citizen of the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa, EBC offers our comprehensive Road2Spain program which offers you a 1 year student visa to work, live and travel throughout Spain and Europe.
• EBC also runs accredited TEFL courses in Crete (Greece), Buenos Aires, (Argentina) and Boracay (Philippines).
Intensive 4-week accredited TEFL / TESOL teacher certificate course:
• Comprises 150 hours including 24 hours of teaching practice.
• Written to UK QCF level 5 standards.
With Study Package options:
• Bronze, Silver, Gold and Road2Spain (Road2Spain is an ideal option, for example, for citizens of the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa who want a seamless stay in Spain with accommodation and study visa included).
CELTA Courses Barcelona, Certificate in English Language Teaching for Adults with Cambridge School. The CELTA (Certificate in English Language Teaching for Adults) is an initial qualification for people who want to become teachers of English as a Foreign Language (EFL). It is awarded by the University of Cambridge (ESOL Examinations) and is aimed at people with little or no experience of teaching English as a Foreign Language. It is usually done intensively over four or five weeks.