TEFL Academy of Arizona, Scottsdale:
Conveniently located in the heart of the historic city of Scottsdale AZ(close to Phoenix), The TEFL Academy of Arizona offers a 120-hour TEFL / TESOL certificate course that can be studied on a full-time or part-time basis. This intensive course provides practical and hands-on teacher training and will give our trainees the skills and confidence they need to teach English to adult learners in ESL classrooms around the world. Personalized access to your instructors is maximized since we only accept 6 students per course.
120-Hour TEFL Certificate Course:
There are two study options available for this program:
- TEFL Certificate Weekday Course for native speakers of English (120 hours / 4 weeks, weekdays)
- TEFL Certificate Weekend Course for native speakers of English (120 hours / 12 Saturdays)
- You are introduced to Second Language Acquisition Techniques and Theory and current ESL best practices using the communicative method of teaching.
- Instruction and practice in teaching the four basic language skills (speaking, listening, reading and writing) and sub skills (grammar, pronunciation, vocabulary and linguistics).
- Focused instruction and hands-on lesson planning under the guidance of the trainer.
- An introduction to classroom management, including proper error correction techniques and the correct way to give instructions to ESL learners at different English skill levels.
- You will have 6 hours of observation of adult ESL classes taught by experienced ESL teachers. There will be a question period between trainee and teacher after each class.
- You are required to do 6 hours of teaching practice with real language learners at the Arizona Language Center in Scottsdale. You will use a variety of resources available for different teaching contexts including the introduction of multi-media, music and videos in the classroom. Immediately after each class, you will be given valuable feedback which will help you to improve your teaching techniques.
- An awareness of language and language analysis is emphasized daily in class and in assignments.
- Cultural sensitivity and culture shock in the ESL/EFL classroom.
- The importance of the role of the teacher and the role of the learner in the ESL classroom.
Further TEFL Certificate Courses:
- TEFL Certificate Course for non-native speakers of English: Offered on demand, this course prepares trainees to teach ESL in their country of origin.
- CTBE Certificate in Teaching International Business English: Offered on demand, this course prepares trainees to teach Business English to International students around the world.
For further information on our TEFL certificate programs in Scottsdale, AZ, please email us via our "Contact Us" page.