Arts courses in Ireland: Culinary arts schools, cookery courses, baking lessons, interior design classes, music courses, evening art classes in Galway, Cork, Kildare, Wicklow, Mayo, Sligo, Clare, Kerry, Wexford, Offaly..
Fiddlers Retreat, in Tipperary (90 minutes from Dublin), Ireland, is the only traditional Irish Music and Culture school of its kind in Ireland. At Fiddlers Retreat we offer a unique insight into Irelands Music and Culture, where you can enjoy music tuition, afternoon sightseeing tours, night-time Traditional Irish music sessions, sporting events, Irish language and cookery workshops. Homestay accommodation is available with meals. Both adults and students are catered for.
Fiddlers Retreat is located in Co. Tipperary, approx. 1 hour 30 minutes from Dublin. Open throughout the year, limited places available, early booking is advised.
Dublin Institute of Design, in central Dublin, Ireland, is a leader in the field of design offering a range of certificate & diploma courses in Interior Design, Graphic Design, Web Design, Computer Aided Design (CAD software training), Visual Merchandising & Window Dressing and Personal Image & Styling. Our courses will suit a range of people including those with design experience looking to add to their skills, through to Leaving Certificate students looking to pursue professional level qualifications.
Most of our courses are offered as both day and evening courses to accommodate today’s busy lifestyles. We also offer a comprehensive and flexible online certificate in Interior Design, allowing students to study at their own pace, in their own time and at a location that suits their lifestyle.
The Kitchen in the Castle is Dublin’s most unique cookery school. Our culinary school is based in the beautifully restored Georgian kitchens in historic Howth Castle, Co. Dublin and is open to the public for a wide range of cooking courses and classes on topics ranging from Vegetarian cooking, Chinese cooking, Indian cooking, Mediterranean cooking, Spanish cooking, Fusion cooking and Thai cooking to Bread Making, Perfect Dinner Parties and Fun Girls’ Night Out cookery courses.
We offer morning or evening cooking classes, one-day cooking courses and longer cookery courses that last up to 3 - 6 weeks. We can also organise group courses and cooking demonstrations for larger groups.
The Kitchen in the Castle Cookery School’s team of friendly, supportive and experienced cookery tutors are passionate about giving you the knowledge, showing you the techniques and instilling you with the confidence to cook delicious food, for yourself, your family or your friends. Our aim is to reconnect you with food. We want to nurture your creativity, give you a good grounding in the basics and the confidence to cook delicious food, at any time.
- From Thailand to India - Food from Asia
- Flavours of Andalucia
- Vegetarian Indian Cookery
- Girls Night Out 2010 Cookery Course
- A Taste of Bordeaux
- A Chinese Feast
- Feast from the Sea
- A Spanish Dinner Party
- Inexpensive Meals in a Minute
- Creative Cooking for Confident Cooks
- Beginners Cookery Course (4 Classes)
- Essential Sauces
- One Pot Dishes and Hearty Soups
- Pasta and Sauces Demonstration
- Cooking for the Family
The National College of Art and Design in Dublin, Ireland occupies a unique position in art and design education in Ireland. It offers the largest range of art and design degrees in the State at undergraduate and postgraduate level. In the past many of the most important Irish artists, designers and art teachers have studied or taught in the College. It has long been the central and most important art and design educational institution in Ireland. The College's campus is situated in Thomas Street, in the historic Liberties area of Dublin and has over seven hundred and fifty full-time students and a further eight hundred students who are taking non-award evening classes.
Situated in Temple Bar, the social and cultural heart of Dublin, Sound Training College (STC) provides a range of full and part-time Diploma and Certificate courses covering all aspects of Music Technology.
STC places a strong emphasis on the ‘hands on’ element on all of our music courses (full-time, part-time, day, evening & weekend).
We provide the developing music technology industry with highly trained personnel in the areas of Sound Engineering, Live Sound & Stage Production and Music Production.
STC courses and examinations have effectively set standards for the training within the industry, providing City & Guilds Diploma qualifications along with STC Sound Engineering & Music Technology Diploma programmes.
Our courses are delivered by a team of experienced industry professionals, all of whom are acknowledged experts in the music business.
In 1986, the Sound Training College was established to meet the needs of the burgeoning music industry in Ireland which followed the phenomenal worldwide success of bands such as U2.
Additional specialised areas of the course are taught by a panel of guest lecturers (past lecturers have included Elvis Costello, Tim Finn (ex Crowded House), Daniel Lanois (producer of the ‘The Joshua Tree’ by U2), Pete Holidai (producer) and Martin Clancy (Jack L Manager).
Full-Time Music Technology Diploma & Certificate Courses: - Sound Engineering and Music Technology
- Advanced Sound and Music Technology
- Certified Beginner and Intermediate Course (with Martin Clancy)
- Practical Electronics for Musicians
- Live Sound, Lighting and Stage Production
Part-Time Music Courses: - Sound and Music Technology
- Live Sound
- Electronic Production
- DJ and Production
Music Camps & Workshops: - Sound Engineering Summer Camp
- Introduction to Recording Weekend
Lynda Booth's Dublin Cookery School in Blackrock, South County Dublin is Dublin's top venue for cookery courses. With the most experienced and professional team in the city, you know that you will be in good hands. We offer a wide choice of cooking classes ranging from single evenings, one day, one week and one month certificate courses to the flagship 12 week certificate course. An attractive option is the all-day Saturday course: great recipes, new skills and a relaxed lunch in our dining room over a glass of wine.
Choose from Fish, Italian, Thai, Baking, Sauces, Man in the Kitchen and many more. Our "Cooking for Friends" intensive one-week courses are sure to be popular with those wanting to upgrade their cooking skills. We will also be offering a course for Transition Year students in the new year.
- Growing Gourmets - Courses for Teens
- Cooking for Friends - One Week
- Thai Stir-fries & Curries
- One Pot Wonders
- Cafe Cooking
- Focus on Fish
- Knife Skills
- Man in the Kitchen
- Modern Vegetarian
- A Taste of Japan
- The Italian Kitchen
- Canapes & Tapas Ideas for Christmas
- Edible Gifts for Christmas
- Cooking for Christmas
- Guest Chef Atul Kochhar
- Guest Chef Matthew Albert
- Cooking for Life: 4 Week Course
- 12 Week Certificate Course
• London Art Portfolio provides successful Art and Design portfolio preparation courses and foundation courses in Central London in all areas of fine art and design to students from Ireland & around the world - at all levels. We help to prepare you for University applications, professional interviews, or your personal development!
• Prepare for entry to a Masters Degree, Bachelor Degree, Foundation Diploma or Pre-Degree level course in Art and Design.
• We ensure successful placements at all levels, including onto University of the Arts London, UCA & other renowned art colleges & universities in the UK, USA & around the world.
• London Art Portfolio is run by Julia Dennis, a practicing artist with many years of experience in preparing art and design portfolios for degree applications, organising exhibitions and preparing students for interviews.
• Julia has great success in placing British and international students onto the right course, at the right level, at any stage in your career.
• With class size limited to 12 students, we offer a very personal, tailored service throughout the year.
"Central Saint Martins has offered me a place on Foundation Pathway: Graphic Design. I'm so happy! Thank you so much for your guidance and all heart that you put in to help me out." - Aleksandra, Poland
"At the end of the course, I had an interview at the London College of Fashion and was accepted! It was a great victory & I owe a lot to London Art Portfolio! Thank you very much!" - Paola, Italy