Ontesol - Online ESL Teacher Training:
Ontesol offers accredited TEFL / TESOL certificate and diploma courses to students in the U.S., Canada and all over the world. Ontesol was developed by Coventry House International in Toronto, the only school in North America that offers Trinity CertTESOL courses, to provide students with the flexibility of taking an internationally-recognized TESOL / TEFL course online.
Online TEFL / TESOL Certification Programs:
- 100-hour TESOL Certificate Course Online:
Ontesol`s 100-hour TESOL Certificate - Certificate of Educational Studies in TESOL provides graduates with the credentials to work anywhere in Africa, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. A 100-hour certificate is considered as the international standard for TESOL/TEFL certification. Depending on the pace you work at and the amount of study time available to you, a 100-hour Certificate program may take between 3 and 11 weeks to complete. The maximum time given to complete this course is 3 months.
Employers prefer new graduates to have some teaching experience after graduating from a TESOL course. Teaching practice is very important for you to feel more confident especially when you are new to the ESL/ESOL field. Graduates from the 100-hour TESOL course who wish to gain valuable teaching experience may take the 20-hour Practicum which can be completed at any TESL Canada centre that offers the Stand-Alone Practicum or at any ESL school in the world with the help of a qualified supervisor.
Online TESOL Certificate Course Content:
Module 1: The World of ELT and Study Skills:
The World of ELT and Study Skills Module has general information on the ELT industry and CV writing. The section on Study Skills is linked to the Mind Tools website, where you will find articles to read about learning styles, and study skills to complete your first assignment.
Module 2: The Study of English (Grammar and Phonology):
- Grammar: Parts of Speech; Parts of a Sentence; Nouns; Pronouns; Adjectives- Determiners and Articles; Adverbs; Verbs; Conjunctions; Prepositions; Tenses; Ideas for Teaching grammar. A final test must be submitted at the end of this section.
- Phonology: Introduction to Phonology; Introduction to Phonemes; Getting to Know the Anatomy of the Mouth; Vowels, diphthongs and triphthongs; Consonants; Sentence Stress; Intonation; Teaching pronunciation. A final test must be submitted at the end of this section.
Module 3: The Methodology Module (The Teaching of English to Speakers of Other Languages –TESOL):
This module contains assignments (6), which train the student to prepare professional lesson plans.
- Subjects Covered: First Class: Approaches to Language Teaching; Communicative Approach; Teaching Grammar; How to write a lesson plan; Teaching Skills: Speaking; Teaching Vocabulary; Teaching Skills: Listening; Teaching Skills: Reading; Teaching Skills: Writing; Classroom Management
For the 100-hour TESOL certificate program a candidate needs to have a good general education up to the generally accepted level for university entrance. Applicants without formal qualifications who have the ability to communicate clearly in English will also be considered. The minimum age limit is 18 years old.
250-hour TESOL Diploma Course Online:
Ontesol's 250-hour online course with optional Practicum is an extended version of Coventry House International's on-site Trinity CertTESOL and TESL Canada course! You can obtain all the benefits of an advanced on-site TESOL course from the comfort of your home and choose to take the teaching practice module anywhere in the world.
Since no two people work at the same pace, or have identical commitments and study time, this program may take from 8 to 24 weeks to complete.
250-hour TESOL Diploma Program Content:
- The grammar module consists of 17 units, 39 quizzes and a final grammar exam.
- The phonology module consists of 13 units, 10 quizzes and a final phonology exam.
- The methodology module consists of 19 units. In this module you will have the opportunity to observe video-taped authentic lessons of adult ESL students, which is essential to grasp the idea of what really happens in a classroom setting. You will have to submit 10 tasks, 19 assignments as well as a final exam. By the end of the course you will have compiled a portfolio including your assignments, observation tasks and lesson plans which will provide tangible evidence of the course work.
For the 250-hour TESOL Diploma program, candidates need to have a good general education up to the generally accepted level for university entrance. Consideration will also be given to applicants who have professional or other qualifications, are capable of communicating clearly, and who feel confident in their ability to bring a clear, analytical approach to the English language and to develop a teaching style appropriate to learners with a wide range of needs.
Online 250-hour TESOL Diploma Course with Practicum (Teaching Practice):
There are many teachers who already have experience and others who are planning to teach abroad and teaching practice or experience is not required by their future employers. For this reason, ONTESOL has separated this module from the FULL Course.
However, for those interested in applying for the TESL Canada Professional Certification Standard Level 2, the 250-hour TESOL Diploma and a 20-hour practicum must be completed. The 20-hour Practicum can be completed at any TESL Canada centre that offers the Stand-Alone Practicum or at any ESL school in the world with the help of a qualified supervisor.
- 60-hour Online TEYL Certificate (Teaching English to Young Learners) Course:
The Ontesol TEYL Certificate course (Teaching English to Young Learners) has been carefully developed to address the needs of young learners. Teaching them could be challenging, but with the necessary approaches and techniques, you will feel confident and your young students will certainly enjoy your lessons.
This is a 60-hour online course which must be completed in a period of 8 weeks
For the TEYL Certificate program the overall aim is to develop skills and confidence in working with young learners, familiarize with the approach that best suit children’s learning styles as well as adding an invaluable bonus to your CV or résumé and network with other TESOL graduates.
TEYL Certificate course (Teaching English to Young Learners) Course Content:
The course consists of 9 modules and 10 tasks, including reflective tasks on certain topics and lesson plan development.
- Module 1: First Language Acquisition
- Module 2: Behaviorism and First Language Acquisition
- Module 3: Language versus Acquisition
- Module 4: Approaches to Language Learning - Part 1
- Module 4: Approaches to Language Teaching - Part 2
- Module 5: Teaching Grammar to Children
- Module 6: Lesson Planning Considering Different Approaches
- Module 7: Teaching Phonology to Children
- Module 8: Storytelling
- Module 9: Multiple Intelligences Theory
For further information on our accredited online TEFL / TESOL courses, please contact us quickly via our Contact Page.
|Address: 2 - Suite 700 Bloor St. West, Toronto, Ontario, M4W 3R1, Canada|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2019 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.