TEFL in Ohio: TESOL degree in Cincinnati, graduate TESOL programs, master of education & doctoral studies. International TEFL certificate for teaching English abroad as a second language, ESL teacher training, online TESL course.
Division of Teacher Education at CECH, University of Cincinnati: The University of Cincinnati College of Education, Criminal Justice, and Human Services (CECH), located on the university's main campus in Cincinnati, Ohio, offers Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) programs at Certificate, Masters & Doctoral levels. All of our language programs offer specialization in either PreK-16 literacy instruction, or English as a second language (ESL). Programs are available online through distance learning, and on-site at our Cincinnati campus.
Literacy & Second Language Studies (Master / Doctor of Education Degrees) The Literacy & Second Language Studies Program at the University of Cincinnati offers comprehensive master’s and doctoral degree programs for graduate students interested in the research, teaching, and learning of language and literacy.
These degrees enable professional educators to broaden their understanding of the social, cultural and language factors that contribute to a person’s ability to read and write in a first or second language. Experience in assessment and evaluation of reading and writing difficulties and critical analysis of classical and current research in literacy are stressed.
TESOL Adult International Certificate The Certificate in Adult/International TESL is designed for those who intend to teach English as a Second Language (ESL) or English as a Foreign Language (EFL) to adult learners, either domestically or abroad. The certificate is issued by the University of Cincinnati.
TESOL K12 Endorsement (Online & On-site options) The University of Cincinnati TESL program offers online opportunities for the TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) Endorsement certificate. The program links research and theory to practical applications for the classroom through discussion, theory-building, activities, and networking with colleagues. Any in-service teachers who wish to add the TESOL Endorsement licensure to the existing teaching credential can enroll in this graduate non-degree program.
Post-secondary Literacy Instruction (Online) The Certificate in Postsecondary Literacy Instruction is a graduate certificate offered by the Graduate Program in Literacy in the College of Education, Criminal Justice, and Human Services. This is a stand-alone certificate that can be earned without being accepted into a graduate degree program, and all courses are taught online.
PreK-12 Reading Instruction (Online) The Reading Endorsement/Graduate Certificate program is designed to provide students with evidence-based practices to support students at differing stages of reading development throughout the elementary, middle, and secondary years. The program satisfies the coursework requirement for the Ohio Department of Education’s Reading Endorsement and meets NCATE standards for specialization in Reading.
The Boston Language Institute is located close to the center of Boston, in Kenmore Square, near Boston's elegant Back Bay neighborhood, and next to public transportation.
In 4 weeks, The Boston Language Institute trains both native and non-native English speakers to teach English in the US or abroad, with an international TEFL/TESL Certificate course. Students can avail of full and part-time study options.
We are one of the few TESL/TEFL certification schools in the US that offer monthly intensive English teacher-training certificate programs and frequent part-time (Saturday) programs.
The Institute has been teaching English as a Second Language (ESL) and foreign languages successfully since 1981, always stressing authentic and effective communication.
Based in the heart of Downtown San Francisco, one of the most cosmopolitan cities in the U.S., StudyCELTA provides internationally-accredited Cambridge CELTA English teacher training programs.
Designed for participants who wish to teach English in the U.S. and abroad, our full-time CELTA program features 2 hours of real-life English teaching per day.
All CELTA trainers undergo a rigorous selection and training process that is monitored by Cambridge University. Our tutors in SF have worked internationally, and bring a wide range of key experience, qualifications and knowledge to the course.
CELTA is accepted throughout the world by organizations which employ English Language teachers, and Cambridge English Language Assessment also works with international ELT organizations to ensure the acceptance of CELTA globally.
Cambridge University CELTA Certificate Course:
- 4 week intensive full-time
- 120 study hours
- 2 hours teaching practice per day
- Available year round
CELTA Units of Learning:
- Language skills: reading, listening, speaking and writing
- Language analysis and awareness
- The teaching and learning context
- Planning and resources for different contexts
- Teaching skills and professionalism
Astar Education Institute, Washington DC Metro Area
Courses / Programs
• Earn an internationally-accredited TESOL / TEFL English teacher certificate with Astar Education Institute (AEI) - a leader in the field of international education and ESL certification.
• Located in Manassas VA, in the Washington DC metro area, AEI provide an intensive, 140-hour TESOL certificate program for students who want to live and work abroad as an English teacher.
• Astar provides international employment opportunities to students who want to travel to China and teach English to non-native speakers in a Chinese school.
• Designed by a university Ph.D. to replicate graduate-level programs, our TESOL Certificate offers a variety of courses that are all designed to fully prepare teacher trainees to live and work abroad in teaching positions that command top salaries and benefits.
TESOL English Teacher Training Certificate Program:
- Duration: 140 hours: Core modules include: • Introduction to TESOL
• Methodology and Linguistic Theory in ESL Teaching
• Assessing English Language Proficiency
• Teaching Speaking and Listening English
• Teaching Reading and Writing English
• Teaching Grammar, Vocabulary and Lesson Planning
• ESL Classroom Management
• Teaching Practicum
Working in partnership with Seattle Pacific University, The School of Teaching ESL (S-TESL) offers an accredited TESOL Certificate via online classes to students in the Houston TX area, throughout Texas, and nationwide.
Our online TESOL classes are asynchronous and consist of 9 modules completed over a 10 week quarter, and are designed for those who prefer the flexibility of online study.
This solid project-based program taught by highly-qualified professional teacher educators prepares you to teach in the U.S. or overseas.
Classes begin winter, spring, summer and fall quarters. Onsite study options are also available.
Student Testimonial: "This is a seasoned, well-thought out program that is taught by extremely knowledgeable and experienced instructors. I was not a teacher before the course but now I am."
Accredited Online TESOL Certificate Program (120+ hours)
Courses include: - Approaches and Methods in ELT
- Assessment of English Language Students
- Classroom Issues and Management
- Content-based English Language Teaching
- Foundations of English Language Teaching (ELT)
- Grammar in ELT
- Reading and Writing
- Teaching Young Learners
- Teaching English for Specific Purposes
- Technology in English Language Teaching..
International Career Institute, Online TEFL Diploma Course
Courses / Programs
• International Career Institute (ICI) is a leading, accredited distance learning school for students in the U.S., UK, Australia & globally that offers an online TESOL (ICI Diploma) qualification course as well as courses in a wide range of other subjects and professions.
• Our online TEFL / TESOL English teacher training course will quickly provide you with the key skills you need to be a successful ESL teacher.
• ICI home study students come from the USA, Canada, Australia, UK, and elsewhere around the world. We have weekly intake dates, and you can enroll whenever you are ready.
• ICI online TESOL courses are recognised & accredited by the International Association of Private Career Colleges (IAPCC), and the International Accreditation and Recognition Council (IARC).
• ICI is a member of the College of Teachers which is the UK's professional educational institute for teachers.
Further Professional / Career Development Training Online:
• ICI Diploma & ICI Advanced Diploma qualifications in a wide range of careers:
Hospitality, business management, office admin, PR, marketing, sales, HR, IT / web design, journalism, counseling & psychology, natural health / nutrition, catering, fashion design, beauty therapy, makeup, pet care, & more.
• ICI offers home study courses in 34 foreign languages at various levels including: Mandarin Chinese, Spanish, English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Arabic, Thai, Japanese, Vietnamese & more.
• Become a qualified English teacher with a full-time or part time TESOL / TEFL Certificate course in New York City!
• Situated in the heart of Lower Manhattan, New York English Academy is an accredited language school that provides a unique TESOL English teacher training course to local and international students.
• The New York English Academy TESOL program is inspired by the most renowned TESOL programs in the world, such as the Cambridge University CELTA and the Trinity College TESOL certificate.
• Our superb Lower Manhattan location provides a level of comfort not available at other schools. Everything is bright and clean and each of our classrooms has large windows facing north into the vast Manhattan skyline.