Accredited university TESOL / TEFL certification programs online in USA: Online TESOL certificate course for home study in WA State, California, NYC, NY, Florida, Texas, Ohio, IL, PA, GA, MI, NC, NJ, AZ, VA. MA. 120-hour ESL teacher training online from Seattle, Washington.
School of Teaching ESL: Based in Seattle WA, School of Teaching ESL (S-TESL), in cooperation with Seattle Pacific University, offers an accredited TESOL Certificate via online classes to students in the U.S. and around the world. Taught by highly-qualified professional teacher educators, this 120-hour Certificate course thoroughly prepares you to teach English in the United States or overseas. Classes begin winter, spring, summer and fall quarters. All classes taken through the School of Teaching ESL carry credits from Seattle Pacific University and are reflected on the transcript. We also offer on-site ESL teacher training certification programs in Seattle.
S-TESL prepares people to teach English as a Second (ESL) and/or a Foreign Language (EFL) in a wide variety of arenas and circumstances.
Whether in the United States or abroad, teaching children or adults, working with advantaged or disadvantaged students, our graduates will be skilled, knowledgeable, resourceful, compassionate, and committed to professional growth
Course modules include: • Foundations of Bilingual Education (3 credits) • Grammar in English Language Teaching (3 credits) • Teaching English for Specific Purposes (3 credits) • Content-based English Language Teaching (3 credits) • Assessment of English Language Students (3 credits) • Pronunciation in English Language Teaching (3 credits) • Young Learners and English Language Teaching (3 credits) • Cultural Issues in English Language Teaching (3 credits) • Reading and Writing in English Language Teaching (3 credits) • Approaches and Methods in English Language Teaching (3 credits) • Foundations of English Language Teaching: Theory and Application (3 credits) • Materials Development and Resources in English Language Teaching (3 credits) • Professionalism, Advocacy and Leadership in English Language Teaching (2 credits) • Classroom Issues and Management in Teaching English Language Learners (3 credits)
Pre-Requisites / Entry Requirements: - You must have a bachelor’s degree from an approved college or professional school to earn the Seattle Pacific University Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages.
- With a BA Waiver, you can earn a stand-alone TESOL certificate from S-TESL (without transcripts from SPU).
- Students must maintain a GPA of 3.0 to successfully complete the program.
- Non-native English speakers are required to demonstrate language proficiency in English to be accepted into the program.
Student Reviews / Testimonials: • "I would highly recommend this course Intensive TESL I because it has definitely prepared me to teach ESL students and has taught me to look at the world through different eyes. I feel that regular classroom teachers should take courses like this since the student population is always of mixed cultures." Liz, Public school teacher in Alaska
• "The content of this course was excellent. It was so nice to finally take a class filled with such practical knowledge. I will use so much of the content (activities, unit plans, lesson plans) in my actual classroom." S-TESL Class Student
• Become a qualified English teacher with a full-time or part time TESOL / TEFL Certificate course in New York City!
• Situated in the heart of Lower Manhattan, New York English Academy is an accredited language school that provides a unique TESOL English teacher training course to local and international students.
• The New York English Academy TESOL program is inspired by the most renowned TESOL programs in the world, such as the Cambridge University CELTA and the Trinity College TESOL certificate.
• Our superb Lower Manhattan location provides a level of comfort not available at other schools. Everything is bright and clean and each of our classrooms has large windows facing north into the vast Manhattan skyline.
The TEFL Academy of Arizona in downtown Scottsdale offers Arizona's only in-class 120 hour Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) certificate course.
This focused and intensive TEFL course is available either as a full-time course during the week (4 weeks) or part-time at weekends (12 weeks). We aim to provide our students with the confidence and know-how to plan a lesson and teach English in ESL classrooms around the world.
All of our instructors are TEFL certified and exceed the highest levels of international TESOL /TEFL /ESL training standards. We also provide a Certificate in Teaching International Business English course and a TEFL certificate course for non-native speakers of English.
Our school is located in Scottsdale's vibrant entertainment district close to art galleries, restaurants, cultural venues, hotels, and lots of outdoor activities under the sunny Arizona sky. Students can enjoy wonderful weather and tourist attractions such as the Grand Canyon.
- TEFL Certificate Weekday Course for native speakers of English (4 weeks)
- TEFL Certificate Weekend Course for native speakers of English (12 Saturdays)
- TEFL Certificate Course for non-native speakers of English
- Certificate in Teaching International Business English
- Evaluated practice teaching in a real ESL classroom
- Observation of experienced ESL teachers in the classroom
International Career Institute, Online TEFL Diploma Course
Courses / Programs
• International Career Institute (ICI) is a leading, accredited distance learning school for students in the U.S., UK, Australia & globally that offers an online TESOL (ICI Diploma) qualification course as well as courses in a wide range of other subjects and professions.
• Our online TEFL / TESOL English teacher training course will quickly provide you with the key skills you need to be a successful ESL teacher.
• ICI home study students come from the USA, Canada, Australia, UK, and elsewhere around the world. We have weekly intake dates, and you can enroll whenever you are ready.
• ICI online TESOL courses are recognised & accredited by the International Association of Private Career Colleges (IAPCC), and the International Accreditation and Recognition Council (IARC).
• ICI is a member of the College of Teachers which is the UK's professional educational institute for teachers.
• ICI Diploma & ICI Advanced Diploma qualifications in a wide range of careers.
Working in partnership with Seattle Pacific University, The School of Teaching ESL (S-TESL) offers an accredited TESOL Certificate via online classes to students in the Houston TX area, throughout Texas, and nationwide.
Our online TESOL classes are asynchronous and consist of 9 modules completed over a 10 week quarter, and are designed for those who prefer the flexibility of online study.
This solid project-based program taught by highly-qualified professional teacher educators prepares you to teach in the U.S. or overseas.
Classes begin winter, spring, summer and fall quarters. Onsite study options are also available.
Student Testimonial: "This is a seasoned, well-thought out program that is taught by extremely knowledgeable and experienced instructors. I was not a teacher before the course but now I am."
Accredited Online TESOL Certificate Program (120+ hours)
Courses include: - Approaches and Methods in ELT
- Assessment of English Language Students
- Classroom Issues and Management
- Content-based English Language Teaching
- Foundations of English Language Teaching (ELT)
- Grammar in ELT
- Reading and Writing
- Teaching Young Learners
- Teaching English for Specific Purposes
- Technology in English Language Teaching..
• The International TEFL Institute (ITEFLI) provides internationally-accredited and globally-recognized certificate and master diploma programs in Teaching English Language as a Foreign Language (TEFL).
• Taught via online learning, our TEFL (TESOL) programs are available to students in the U.S., Canada and worldwide.
• We equip you with the teaching skills and certification required to get a professional well-paid job teaching English anywhere in the world.
• A TEFL qualification from ITEFLI will help you find TEFL jobs throughout the world. Our online TEFL certification programs are provided through up-to-date, technologically-advanced interactive training media which enhance and promote the learning experience.
• The main advantages of completing an online TEFL course are convenience and flexibility. You can study from any location you choose and you can start the program whenever you want.
• Learn at your own pace with up to 6 months to complete a course. You don't have to take any exams - qualification is earned through assignments you submit.
• ITEFLI is accredited by the International TEFL Accreditation Council (ITEFLAC) - an independent body that specialises in the accreditation of TEFL/TESOL course providers and institutions.
Student Review: "The course itself is professionally produced and contains great information...thank you very much for the wonderful time I had. I'm equally impressed with the professional materials. I highly recommend this course to anyone."