School of Teaching ESL:
Based in Seattle WA, School of Teaching ESL (S-TESL), in cooperation with Seattle Pacific University, offers an accredited TESOL Certificate via online classes to students in the U.S. and around the world. Taught by highly-qualified professional teacher educators, this 120-hour Certificate course thoroughly prepares you to teach English in the United States or overseas. Classes begin winter, spring, summer and fall quarters. All classes taken through the School of Teaching ESL carry credits from Seattle Pacific University and are reflected on the transcript. We also offer on-site ESL teacher training certification programs in Seattle.
• The School of Teaching ESL is an academic TESOL program offered in cooperation with Seattle Pacific University, a private university in Seattle, Washington.
• Seattle Pacific University is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities, and is the only private university in the Pacific Northwest to make the 2017 U.S. News and World Report’s “Best National Universities” list.
Credit Transfer for Seattle Pacific University:
• All online classes taken for Seattle Pacific University credit may be taken for graduate status credit. This provides the option for transferring credits into select MA programs at Seattle Pacific University.
• Our online courses are open to anyone anywhere in the world.
• We have had students from all over the U.S. as well as overseas locations including Canada, Brazil, Puerto Rico, Chile, the Dominican Republic, Japan, Morocco, India, Singapore, Taiwan, Korea, China, Germany, Italy, France and Saudi Arabia.
Flexible Online Courses:
Online courses work well for people who prefer the flexibility and who have contact with ESL students. Classes are offered each quarter. Some features of S-TESL online classes:
• Asynchronous (no required time to be online)
• Firm weekly assignment due dates (usually Saturday at midnight)
• Regular feedback from the instructor
• Required Contact Time with ESOL students (1-2 hours per week) while enrolled
• 3-6 hours of homework per week (not including Contact Time)
Duration: 120-hours. Course modules include:
• Approaches and Methods in English Language Teaching (3 credits)
• Assessment of English Language Students (3 credits)
• Classroom Issues and Management in Teaching English Language Learners (3 credits)
• Content-based English Language Teaching (3 credits)
• Cultural Issues in English Language Teaching (3 credits)
• Foundations of Bilingual Education (3 credits)
• Foundations of English Language Teaching: Theory and Application (3 credits)
• Grammar in English Language Teaching (3 credits)
• Materials Development and Resources in English Language Teaching (3 credits)
• Professionalism, Advocacy and Leadership in English Language Teaching (2 credits)
• Pronunciation in English Language Teaching (3 credits)
• Reading and Writing in English Language Teaching (3 credits)
• Teaching English for Specific Purposes (3 credits)
• Young Learners and English Language Teaching (3 credits)
• "Course delivery was excellent. All of my assignments were returned to me promptly, with extensive comments. I never received this much individual attention in any in-person class I have taken."
• "I definitely recommend this course. I signed up for the course in order to receive the certificate but I gained so much more than that. It was more enjoyable and informative than I thought possible."
TESOL Certificate Graduate
• "This is a comprehensive course to set up a person to teach ESL. It covers the theory & background knowledge and then all of the practical aspects or strategies & tactics of teaching."
Email: Contact Us
- Courses / Programs
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2019 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.