Oxford Seminars, Los Angeles: Oxford Seminars is the leading provider of TEFL / TESL / TESOL Certification in Los Angeles, California. We also offer our intensive 100-hour combined in-class / online TESOL Certification Course in a wide range of other locations throughout the country. Our internationally-recognized certification course is the first step towards a career as an ESL teacher overseas. Classes are held at weekends on the campus of California State University, in the University Hills district of Los Angeles.
Only the most qualified instructors are hired to teach the Oxford Seminars course. They are seasoned professionals with years of real-life experience teaching English abroad. Meet them here. Every instructor has years of distinguished ESL teaching experience both in the US and abroad and firmly believes that teaching ESL provides an exciting and fulfilling opportunity for teachers and students alike.
Our instructors prepare our students to teach English abroad by providing a learning environment with structure, an interactive classroom, and by sharing their experiences. At the end of our course, our students are ready to explore the world and teach English abroad.
TESOL English Teacher Training Certification Course:
We cover a wide range of concepts which include: interactive language teaching; principles of second language acquisition; multiple intelligence theory; classroom management techniques; detailed lesson planning; long-term unit planning; how to teach oral communication skills; listening and comprehension strategies; creative ways to incorporate English grammar in a classroom setting and many others.
Graduate Placement Service: Available exclusively to graduates, is our Graduate Placement Service which provides assistance with finding the most rewarding teaching jobs at ESL schools around the world. Partnerships have been found with many ESL schools worldwide that are searching for certified ESL teachers. Job Search Advisors provide timely assistance to help make your experiences teaching overseas as successful and rewarding as possible.
• EBC would like to invite Americans to consider Madrid and Spain as a quality TEFL course + work destination in Europe. Madrid is a TEFL hotspot year-round with a vibrant nightlife and cultural immersion experience, and EBC Madrid offers an accredited TEFL course with job placement program for our graduates! Contact us today for details of our next course dates.
• EBC Madrid is an accredited centre of Trinity College, and a leading provider of internationally-recognised TEFL courses and job placement opportunities for career-change seekers and global travelers.
• EBC offers a British Council-accepted Trinity CertTESOL certificate course in Madrid, the ability to earn up to 60 university credits, and the key resource of free worldwide, lifetime job placement for our TEFL graduates.
• The Trinity CertTESOL qualification is preferred by many renowned language schools worldwide, and over the last 16 years, EBC has been instrumental in helping more than 8000+ TEFL graduates finance their travels and realise their dreams of living and working outside of their home countries.
• If you are a citizen of the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa, EBC Madrid provides our comprehensive Road2Spain program which offers you a 1 year student visa to work, live and travel throughout Spain and Europe.
• EBC also runs accredited TEFL courses in Crete (Greece), Buenos Aires, (Argentina) and Boracay (Philippines).
Intensive 4-week accredited TEFL / TESOL teacher certificate course:
• Comprises 150 hours including 24 hours of teaching practice.
• Written to UK QCF level 5 standards.
With Study Package options:
• Bronze, Silver, Gold and Road2Spain (Road2Spain is an ideal option, for example, for citizens of the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa who want a seamless stay in Spain with accommodation and study visa included).
Based in the heart of Downtown San Francisco, one of the most cosmopolitan cities in the U.S., StudyCELTA provides internationally-accredited Cambridge CELTA English teacher training programs.
Designed for participants who wish to teach English in the U.S. and abroad, our full-time CELTA program features 2 hours of real-life English teaching per day.
All CELTA trainers undergo a rigorous selection and training process that is monitored by Cambridge University. Our tutors in SF have worked internationally, and bring a wide range of key experience, qualifications and knowledge to the course.
CELTA is accepted throughout the world by organizations which employ English Language teachers, and Cambridge English Language Assessment also works with international ELT organizations to ensure the acceptance of CELTA globally.
Cambridge University CELTA Certificate Course:
- 4 week intensive full-time
- 120 study hours
- 2 hours teaching practice per day
- Available year round
CELTA Units of Learning:
- Language skills: reading, listening, speaking and writing
- Language analysis and awareness
- The teaching and learning context
- Planning and resources for different contexts
- Teaching skills and professionalism
TESOL Trainers, located in Santa Fe, New Mexico, is an education consulting company that provides training to educational institutions on working with non-native English speakers. TESOL Trainers offers K-23 professional development including the SIT TESOL Certificate Course.
For over 17 years, John Kongsvik and TESOL Trainers have been offering this English teaching certificate to people who would like to teach English in their communities and abroad. Hundreds of people have gone through this experiential course and are teaching their way around the world™.
TESOL is an exciting and dynamic field. Educational institutions all over the world have an unquenching thirst for qualified English language teachers. Whether teaching ESL at a local community college, EFL at a private language institute in Peru, or teaching non-native English speaking students in Japan, the field of TESOL continues to grow exponentially.
If you are considering teaching English overseas, a career change, or are interested in refining your skills as a language teacher, you need to get TESOL Certified in Santa Fe, NM.
Astar Education Institute, Washington DC Metro Area
Courses / Programs
• Earn an internationally-accredited TESOL / TEFL English teacher certificate with Astar Education Institute (AEI) - a leader in the field of international education and ESL certification.
• Located in Manassas VA, in the Washington DC metro area, AEI provide an intensive, 140-hour TESOL certificate program for students who want to live and work abroad as an English teacher.
• Astar provides international employment opportunities to students who want to travel to China and teach English to non-native speakers in a Chinese school.
• Designed by a university Ph.D. to replicate graduate-level programs, our TESOL Certificate offers a variety of courses that are all designed to fully prepare teacher trainees to live and work abroad in teaching positions that command top salaries and benefits.
TESOL English Teacher Training Certificate Program:
- Duration: 140 hours: Core modules include: • Introduction to TESOL
• Methodology and Linguistic Theory in ESL Teaching
• Assessing English Language Proficiency
• Teaching Speaking and Listening English
• Teaching Reading and Writing English
• Teaching Grammar, Vocabulary and Lesson Planning
• ESL Classroom Management
• Teaching Practicum
• International Language Institute (ILI) offers an 8-week TESOL / TEFL certificate program at our school in Washington DC.
• This comprehensive ESL teacher training course has a practical focus and will equip you with the skills you will need to teach English as a Second Language in the United States or abroad.
• The course is offered every 8 weeks, year round. In addition to our TEFL / TESOL certification course, we offer a range of English courses to students from around the world.
• Our 120-hour TESOL / TEFL certification course centers on practice in teaching the four basic language skills of speaking, listening, reading and writing, as well as the sub-skills of pronunciation, vocabulary and grammar.
• Course components include lesson planning, observation of peers and practicing teachers, practice teaching in individual and group settings, maintaining teaching records, critical self-observation and compiling of a portfolio of teaching materials, and career planning and management.
Teaching House - Philadelphia is an English teacher training institute located in Downtown Philadelphia PA. We provide the world-renowned CELTA (Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults) 4-week course to students from the U.S. and around the world.
The CELTA is a practical and hands-on course that gives trainees the necessary experience in teaching a variety of lessons to non-native English speakers. The course has a strong focus on teaching practice, where you will be teaching English to non-native speakers. Our teacher trainers always provide you with very helpful feedback throughout the course.
In accordance with CELTA standards, all Teaching House courses are run by trainers approved by the University of Cambridge. All graduates obtain a CELTA Certificate issued by the University of Cambridge.