St Giles International San Francisco: Located in San Francisco, California, St Giles International is the longest-established CELTA teacher training center in the US, offering the CELTA - TEFL certificate program to adults. A qualification in TEFL, such as the Cambridge Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults (CELTA), will give you many opportunities to live and work in the USA and abroad. You will meet people from many different backgrounds and cultures. We also provide our own St. Giles Teachers of English Certificate course for non-native English teachers.
Cambridge Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults (CELTA): The Cambridge Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults (CELTA) is an internationally recognised initial qualification for English language teaching. Candidates who complete the course successfully can begin working in a variety of EFL (English as a Foreign Language) teaching contexts around the world. St Giles offers the full-time CELTA as a four-week intensive course.
There are five units of study during your course: - Unit 1: Learners and teachers, and the teaching and learning context - Unit 2: Language analysis and awareness - Unit 3: Language skills: reading, listening, speaking and writing - Unit 4: Planning and resources for different contexts - Unit 5: Developing teaching skills and professionalism
There are two components of assessment: There are two components of assessment as follows. To gain the certificate, you must pass both components. There are three grades: Pass, Pass 'B' and Pass 'A'. There is no final examination; an external assessor appointed by Cambridge ESOL will moderate each course.
Component One: Teaching Practice: You will be expected to teach for a total of six hours, working with classes at two ability levels. Assessment is continuous and based on your overall performance by the end of the six hours.
Component Two: Written Assignments: You will be asked to complete four written assignments; one focusing on adult learning; one on the language system of English; one on language skills and one on classroom teaching.
Further TEFL Course: - St Giles' Teachers of English Course (teacher development course for non-native teachers of English)
• Located in the Dupont Circle area of central Washington DC, International Language Institute provides an accredited 8 week TESOL English teacher training Certificate course to English speaking students from around the world.
• Our 120-hour course is taught by experienced native speakers, and features 48 classroom hours alongside 72 hours of self-study, observation, and practice teaching.
• With a practical focus, our comprehensive teacher training class prepares and equips students to teach English as a Second Language in the United States or abroad.
• The course centers on practice in teaching the four basic language skills of reading, writing, speaking and listening, and the sub skills of vocabulary, pronunciation and grammar.
International Career Institute, Online TEFL Diploma Course
Courses / Programs
• International Career Institute (ICI) is a leading, accredited online school for students living in Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Illinois, New York, California and throughout the U.S., Canada, UK, Australia & around the world. We offer a convenient home study TESOL (ICI Diploma) certification program as well as distance learning courses in a wide range of other subjects and professions.
• Our online TEFL / TESOL English teacher training course will quickly provide you with the key skills you need to be a successful ESL teacher.
• ICI home study students come from the USA, Canada, Australia, UK, and elsewhere around the world. We have weekly intake dates, and you can enroll whenever you are ready.
• ICI online TESOL courses are recognised & accredited by the International Association of Private Career Colleges (IAPCC), and the International Accreditation and Recognition Council (IARC).
• ICI is a member of the College of Teachers which is the UK's professional educational institute for teachers.
Further online study programs:
As well as a wide range of ICI Diploma & ICI Advanced Diploma certifications in numerous careers fields, ICI offers home study courses in 34 foreign languages at various levels including: Spanish, Mandarin Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Arabic, Thai, Japanese, Vietnamese & more.
The TEFL Academy of Arizona in downtown Scottsdale offers Arizona's only in-class 120 hour Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) certificate course.
This focused and intensive TEFL course is available either as a full-time course during the week (4 weeks) or part-time at weekends (12 weeks). We aim to provide our students with the confidence and know-how to plan a lesson and teach English in ESL classrooms around the world.
All of our instructors are TEFL certified and exceed the highest levels of international TESOL /TEFL /ESL training standards. We also provide a Certificate in Teaching International Business English course and a TEFL certificate course for non-native speakers of English.
Our school is located in Scottsdale's vibrant entertainment district close to art galleries, restaurants, cultural venues, hotels, and lots of outdoor activities under the sunny Arizona sky. Students can enjoy wonderful weather and tourist attractions such as the Grand Canyon.
- TEFL Certificate Weekday Course for native speakers of English (4 weeks)
- TEFL Certificate Weekend Course for native speakers of English (12 Saturdays)
- TEFL Certificate Course for non-native speakers of English
- Certificate in Teaching International Business English
- Evaluated practice teaching in a real ESL classroom
- Observation of experienced ESL teachers in the classroom
you searching for TEFL / TESOL certification in NYC? Located only steps away from Times Square in Midtown Manhattan, International TEFL Training Institute (ITTI) provides a range of internationally-recognized and accredited TESOL certification programs with a range of study options - onsite, online, or combined.
Designed for both native and non-native English speakers, our comprehensive TESOL courses prepare you for a rewarding career as an English language teacher in the United States or abroad.
Online specialization courses are also available in teaching business, young learners and TOEFL preparation.
With training professionals who possess an MA in TESOL and years of extensive teaching experience, you can be certain to acquire the knowledge and the skills you need to successfully enter the world of teaching English.
Our graduates are employed by the best schools in over 50 countries promoting the study of English.
Whether you would like to teach business professionals, young learners or prepare individuals to pass the TOEFL test, our specialization programs can help you achieve your goals and land the job you desire.
Over the years, we have successfully established a network of recruiters and schools that enables us to effectively support the employment needs of our graduates for life.
Student Testimonial: "I took the four-week, intensive 120-hour program in New York...It is a demanding course, but it is really worth it."
Do you want to travel to exotic locations and experience diverse cultures while earning money at the same time? Start an exciting new career as an ESL (English as a Second Language) teacher with TEFL Training College!
A international leader in online TEFL / TESOL education and learning, we provide globally-recognized and accredited TEFL / TESOL certification courses that are taught online via self-study.
Our English teacher training courses by distance learning are available to students across the U.S., Canada, the UK and around the world.
Studying online is an affordable and convenient way to achieve your TEFL / TESOL qualification to teach English abroad.
You do not have to attend class in person and do not have to start your course on any specific date - if you enrol today, you can start today! Our courses are assignment-based so you do not need to take any exams.
Student Reviews: "As an experienced teacher, I highly recommend this course to both novices and experienced teachers." - Andre
"I thank you for the excellent service and professional tutors you have provided to me during my studies." - Jan
Learn to teach English from the comfort of your own home or office in Houston TX and throughout the U.S.
Penn State World Campus provides quality distance education programs to students from Houston, throughout the U.S. and around the world, including our online Graduate Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL).
The Graduate Certificate in TESOL offered by Penn State features classes written and taught by world-class faculty who are specialists in language methodology, applied linguistics, and English language education.
The online TESOL certificate program provides graduate-level courses designed for candidates seeking entry-level English language teaching credentials.
All courses are delivered entirely online to give you maximum convenience and flexibility around your busy schedule, and the courses are taught by the same faculty who teach in our resident Master of Arts in TESL (MA TESL) program.
Enrolling in the online TESOL certificate program will allow you to earn a Post-baccalaureate Certificate without having to relocate to Penn State.
Not having to physically attend classes means that you can schedule your study around your work or family commitments.
Online TESOL Graduate Certificate Program: - Can be completed in 9-12 months
Highlights include: - Flexible 12-credit course schedule
- Interactive online setting
- Access to Penn State's vast academic resources
- Completion of TESOL e-portfolio as support documentation of your skills
Specific Courses include: - Focus on English: Teaching Form, Meaning and Us
- Focus on Learners: Identity, Community and Language Learning
- Focus on Classrooms: Planning and Supporting Language Learning
- Focus on Instruction: Teaching and Assessing Language Learning