Elia's Pizza School: Located in Holloway, in the North London Borough of Islington, Elia's Pizza School is an Italian cooking school that provides a range of pizza-related culinary arts courses to local and international students. We offer Basic Pizza Making courses, intensive 1-week courses, Weekend courses, and more. All our courses are held in a real-life working pizza shop in North London UK.
- Introduction to the essential elements to make a pizza and initiation to the theory of all processes that govern the fermentation, and the chemistry of the dough. - First approach with the oven temperature, the required way. - Practice of the basic dough from the very first hours of the course. - Practice on making the dough balls, then stretching them, in order to make them ready to become pizzas.
- Set up of the various equipment furniture - Set up of the various ingredient containers - Ideal working relationship between the pizza maker and all the waiting staff. - Mind-set of the winner athlete. (how to find the right motivation of the winner) - Memory aid to retain a long list of pizza orders, to avoid time wasting when continuously watching the list order. - The multi-stretching pizza technique - The multi put-in-the-oven technique
• Spend a summer, short semester, or academic year abroad in the UK with Arts University Bournemouth - a leading creative university specialising in arts, performance, design, and media education.
• Situated just 2 hours south-west of London, we provide 1 to 3-term study abroad BA (Hons) courses for Americans, Canadians, international students, and professionals. Subjects include Architecture, Fine Art, Graphic Design, Photography, Visual Effects, and more.
• In addition to our semester abroad courses, we also provide 3-week specialist summer courses for students ages 16+ where you have full access to the university's state-of-the-art facilities. We also provide a 2-week Creative Arts Summer School course for students ages 14-15.
• AUB gives you the opportunity to develop your creative skills and gain credits towards your university degree without spending 2-3 years studying abroad on a full-time basis.
• Our classrooms feature modern equipment, and the university houses one of the largest art and design libraries in the south of England. Students meet industry professionals and find out why the UK has always been an influential creative resource.
Student Review: “AUB staff and other students were very welcoming and supportive - a great atmosphere for being creative and meeting people from around the world” - Phillipe, France
BA (Hons) Semester Abroad Programs: 1, 2 or 3 terms. Subjects include:
• Animation Production
• Digital Media Production
• Fashion Studies
• Film Production
• Fine Art
• Graphic Design
• Visual Communication
• Visual Effects Design & Production..
Specialist 3 Week Summer Courses: • Architecture & 3D Design
• Complete Film Making
• Make-Up for Stage and Screen
• Creative Photography Portfolio
• Introduction to Animation
• Introduction to Fashion Design
• Portfolio Preparation for the Creative Arts
Ashburton Cookery School is situated in Ashburton, a small town on the edge of Dartmoor in Devon in south-west England. We provide and offers a fresh approach to cooking with exciting cookery classes that emphasise hands-on cookery training, top quality, local, organic produce and inspirational teaching.
Our team of professional chef tutors will inspire you to cook with imagination, passion and enjoyment. With over 40 courses to choose from across 4 skill levels, our long and short-term programs are designed to suit beginners as well as experienced cooks.
The Ashburton Cookery School offers the widest range of cookery courses in the UK. Whether your aim is to take your cookery skills to the next level, to cook for family and friends, or you want to learn to cook as a professional, you will find a cookery course to suit your needs at our cookery school.
Ashburton is only a 2.5 hour train journey from London Paddington Railway Station, and a 2 hour drive from Bristol.
Central Saint Martins College Of Art And Design, London
Courses / Programs
Located in the heart of London Central Saint Martins is the leading fashion, art and design college in the UK. From the design of London's red buses and black cabs; fashion at Dior and Chloe in Paris to James Bond's smooth portrayal. Alumni include, John Galliano, Stella McCartney, Alexander McQueen, Pierce Brosnan, Jarvis Cocker, MIA, Gilbert and George - the list goes on.
Staff and students continue to build on the success of the past by pushing the boundaries in art and design. Central Saint Martins provides specialist education and research in the fields of fine art, fashion and textiles, graphics and communication design, three dimensional design, theatre and performance. It is, in essence, the complete arts college. There is an opportunity to study for a BA or MA degree or join one of the hundreds of short courses (during the vacation) or evening and weekend courses during term time.
We offer a range of bachelor's and master's degree courses in the following fields: Acting, Arts, Design and Environment, Ceramic Design, Directing, Fashion, Fine Art, Graphic Design, Jewellery Design, Product Design, Textile Design, Theatre: Design for Performance. We also offer postgraduate certificate and diploma programs.
As well as degree courses Central Saint Martins runs a large programme of short courses (evening, weekend, summer, Christmas and Easter school).
Situated directly opposite Euston Station in the heart of Central London, the London Academy of Media, Film, and TV offers short practical courses in a wide range of media-related areas taught by industry professionals. Established since 1996, L.A.M.F.T offers over 140 courses aimed at adults who are looking to update their current skills or learn new skills with a view to sustaining a career within the media film and television industry. Part-Time Evening, Day, and Weekend courses are available.
The quality of the tuition and the passion of the tutors make London Academy a popular place to study. Each year, over 900 students enrol on courses at London Academy. 50% of students enrol for 2 or more courses creating their own learning path with a view to gaining experience within the industry.
London Academy is also a UK government-recognised learning provider spanning the entire globe from Europe, the Middle East and SE Asia. Let London Academy inspire you to become who you want to be.
- TV Production
- Video & Sound
- TV Presenter
- Makeup SFX
- Creative Writing
- Media & PR
Part-Time Evening, Day, and Weekend courses are available
River Cottage Chefs’ School offers accredited cookery training courses in east Devon in the South West of England (close to Exeter, between Plymouth and Bournemouth).
We provide a range of quality chef training programmes for beginner to advanced levels, from young chef traineeships to a Professional Cookery Level 3 qualification. Students can also avail of our varied One-Day Accredited Cookery courses.
We have extensive experience working with a variety of businesses, both new and established, helping them to operate a more sustainable operation, increasing profitability.
Situated in the prestigious Ealing Studios in Ealing, West London, Met Film School provides a range of Film Studies programmes including Bachelor & Masters Degrees, as well as Certificate Programmes and Short-term Courses. Unlike any other film school in the UK, we are completely integrated within the film industry, offering in fields such as acting, directing, screenwriting and more. On most of our courses, students write, produce, direct and edit their own short films - and are supported by their tutors and a professional editor.
All of our tutors are working industry professionals who are as passionate about teaching as they are about film. We employ a combination of regular tutors and guest lecturers to give you a comprehensive insight into all aspects of filmmaking. They are chosen for their knowledge of their discipline as well as their ability to inspire.
Our facilities include a 12,000 sq ft state-of-the-art building, a separate off-site shooting block with multiple spaces for camera workshops and productions & a well equipped kit room that includes: HD Cameras, prime lenses, HD monitors, and professional standard tripods and sound recording equipment.