Study Art in Europe - Summer Art Workshop Abroad 2020: Art school in Italy offering short, intensive painting & drawing courses taught in English to international students, Americans. Year-round & summer art programs in Florence for basic beginner to advanced artists, art vacations & painting holidays for adults.
The Florence Art Studio: Learn the fundamentals of drawing and painting from life with The Florence Art Studio! Located in the center of the historic city of Florence - the birthplace of the Renaissance - we provide short art courses taught in English to international students from around the world. Available year-round and in summer, you can choose to study for 1, 2, 3, or 4 weeks or longer. Our customized art courses are suitable for artists of all levels - from basic beginner through to advanced. Learn at your own pace with intensive individual training and one on one instruction.
The Florence Art Studio renews the tradition of teaching in a private working studio (bottega d'arte). We offer academic art training in sequentially progressive intensive programs.
The majority of our students are adult professionals of all backgrounds and levels - from complete beginner to advanced - who are passionate about Florence, Renaissance, Painting and Drawing.
You work within a supportive environment under the guidance of an expert instructor, who will personally monitor your progress and development for three hours a day, and the remaining time is structured with other activities.
You progress through each module at your own pace, with each module serving as the foundation for the next. In learning drawing skills, you copy drawings, draw antique casts, and live models until you have developed sufficient skill to progress to the painting program.
Intensive Art Program - Taught in English:
Our program can be divided into six discrete modules, each of which can be studied from one week to one month or longer. Alternatively, each module can be taken as a stand-alone course.
Modules / Areas of Study include: Choose to study for 1, 2, 3, or 4 weeks or longer. Each module builds on the skills and techniques learned in the preceding module.
• Bargue Drawing
• Cast Drawing
• Freehand Cast Drawing
• Portrait and Figure Drawing
• Still Life Painting
• Portrait and Figure Painting
Student Testimonial: "Gary's attention to the finest detail ensures that no student overlooks a single part of the learning process. His rigor is infectious and the fleeting frustration experienced when one struggles to 'get it right' is compensated for over and over; the teacher's tenacity and his students' discipline are rewarded with gradual acquisition of skill based on true understanding.
Gary's vision is not limited to practical teaching alone - his lessons extend far beyond the studio, through the streets of Florence and out into the existential, contemplating our engagement with art and with life. This heartfelt recommendation is made after a month-long training in Still Life with Gary"."
- Nicole, South Africa
Located in the heart of Florence, Italy, Web Technology Academy (WTA) is a fast-paced, 4-week study-abroad summer program designed to help students learn the art of eCommerce. All classes are taught in English. WTA offers three main course topics over four intensive weeks; Choosing products and services to sell online, Build your own e-commerce business from start to finish, and Advertising your website and making money online.
At Web Tech Bootcamp, we believe students learn better when they have real world projects and a limited amount of time to complete them. At the end of four weeks, hard-working students will have the knowledge to take the first step toward financial independence through their own eCommerce business.
Topics / modules include:
- Selling on Ebay
- Importing and exporting products
- Inventing and manufacturing your own products
- Social Media for the web
- Internet marketing techniques
- Photo and video production techniques
- Graphics design
- Creating Viral Video Marketing Campaigns
- Crowd Funding
Language and Music for Life, ONLINE Music Classes (instrumental & vocal) and/or Language lessons via Skype, WhatsApp or Zoom
Courses / Programs
• Founded in 1997, Language and Music for Life offers International Summer Music and Languages Courses in Europe for music students and professionals.
• Join us in in Florence, Italy in 2020 for an exciting and prestigious Musical Summer Course with optional language programs for adults & teenagers aged 18+ (unless agreed with LMFL).
• Our classical music & jazz program and voice tuition is aimed at students and professionals who are highly motivated musicians with advanced levels of musical knowledge.
• Taught by internationally renowned professors, mostly at master class level, the LMFL program includes instrumental and voice tuition, master classes, chamber music, composition, music theory, choir, & orchestra conducting classes.
• Private music lessons / one on one tuition is available for many subjects / instruments.
• We also offer music tuition for already-constituted chamber music groups.
• All students must be at advanced level in at least one discipline, other choices can be at lower level. Rentals are available for cello, harp, and guitar.
• Quality classes in French, Spanish, Italian & English, taught by native speakers.
Review: "LMFL is a musical experience any musician should go through, whether amateur or professional.
As a student you are challenged in all fronts, from the personal front to the collective one, where not only must you play your instrument or compose with the best of your skills, but also manage to work as a team to accomplish excellence."
• Come to Florence in 2018, and experience an intensive summer course with popular art & design-based themes Photography, Interior Design, and Visual Arts Drawing & Painting.
• Situated just 5 minutes from the city center, Florence Design School is an Italian design, artistic and creative arts school that provides summer courses taught in English to students from around the world.
• Our lessons are taken inside and outside of the institute, with visits to companies, factories, institutions, studios and museums of Florence.
• We can facilitate you in finding the best accommodation depending on your needs, and a basic Italian language course is included with all studies.
The "Aldo Galli" Academy of Fine Arts is a private institution in Como, located less than an hour from Milan in the north of Italy. It is legally accredited by AFAM (Alta Formazione Artistica e Musicale), the Higher Education System for Art and Music, part of the university sector answering to MIUR, the Italian Ministry for Education, University and Research. "Aldo Galli" Academy is acknowledged as a high-profile art training institute offering courses in painting restoration on all sorts of material - canvas, tables, frescos, stuccos and stone - and enjoys an excellent reputation both on a national and international level. Students are taught the methodological approaches and skills required for the recovery and maintenance of the different kinds of works and are provided with ample opportunity to acquire substantial hands-on experience, be this in terms of field-work or in the labs, in the innumerable restoration activities commissioned to the Academy itself.
• John Cabot University (JCU) is an American institution of higher education in Rome, Italy offering summer study abroad programs to college students from the US and over 60 other countries worldwide.
• Our mission is to provide an educational experience that is both firmly rooted in the American tradition of the liberal arts and solidly international in orientation.
• JCU’s summer study abroad program is the premier and most affordable study abroad experience in Rome. There are two summer sessions available, please contact us for information on the exact dates.
• Students can choose from a fascinating range of three-credit courses that will allow you to grow intellectually under the guidance of first-rate international professors who bring the sites, sounds, and culture of Rome into their teaching.
• In addition to courses in Art History and Studio Art, JCU also offers courses in Business Administration, History & Humanities, English Language & Literature, Political & Social Science, and more. Credits from JCU easily transfer, allowing you to stay on track for graduation.
Categories include: • Art History & Studio Art
• Business Administration
• Business, Management, and Marketing
• English Language & Literature
• History & Humanities
• Italian Language and Cultural Studies:
• Mathematics, Natural Science & Computer Science
• Modern Languages & Literature
• Philosophy and Religion
• Political & Social Sciences...
Summer Study Abroad Programs: - Fashion, Design & Patternmaking Courses - Duration: 2-4 weeks (50 hours or 100 hours + a 4-hour seminar)
- 3 Levels of Study available: Basic, Advanced or Professional
- Private / One-on-one instruction
- Taught in English or Italian language
• Study fashion or design in Milan this summer with Istituto di Moda Burgo, an accredited fashion school in Italy founded in 1961, and an international leader in fashion education.
• We offer academic year and summer study abroad programs for local & international students in the heart of Milan - taught in English or Italian language.
• Istituto di Moda Burgo offers the opportunity to acquire or improve your technical, artistic and professional skills in these in-demand career fields globally.
• Receive intensive, one-on-one tutoring through our short 2 or 4-week summer courses customized to your individual learning style & level.
• Receive an Istituto di Moda Burgo Certificate on completion of your course.
"The summer course helped me to perfect & learn new skills in creating rafting swimwear. The teachers are very helpful and help you achieve your personal learning objectives. The course is fast-paced which is great for those who like to be kept busy."
- Castaneda, California, USA
"The summer program is very comprehensive and I has been able to learn it in a short time. The teacher was very efficient, always available & her explanations were very clear. I'm glad I attended this school."
- Gong, China