Study Abroad in Europe: International relations programs in France, Political science courses, International studies, Intensive French programs for advanced college students / adults, Semester abroad in Marseilles
American University Center of Provence, Marseille: Situated in Marseille in the region of Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur, department of Bouches-du-Rhône in southeastern France, the American University Center of Provence offers for-credit, high-level French immerson programs as Fall, Spring and Year-round options. Courses taught in French focus on French and Arabic language and civilization, Middle East area studies, immigration issues, inter-religious communication and cross-cultural mediation. We offer on-site study in Tunisia in the Fall and Morocco in the Spring.
Fall, Spring and Year-round Programs in * International Relations * Political Science * Immigration * Middle East Studies * Cross-Cultural Mediation
- The Programs are in taught in French
Fall Course Offerings: - French 310 / Anthropology 320: French and North African Cultural Patterns - French 330: Linguistic Strategies for Integration - Arabic 109: Language and Culture I - French 369 / Political Science 358: Non-Governmental Organizations: A French Perspective - French 370 / Political Science 354 / Religious Studies 352: Inter-religious Communication: History and Prospects - French 380 / Sociology 355 / Urban Studies 351: Marseille: Diversity and the Urban Landscape - French 381 / Sociology 351: Immigrant Identities in Contemporary France
One-week intensive study in Tunisia is an integral part of the program and required of all students.
Spring Course Offerings: - French 310 / Anthropology 320: French and North African Cultural Patterns - French 330: Linguistic Strategies for Integration - French 380 / Journalism 250: Cross-Cultural Journalism - Arabic 109: Language and Culture I - Arabic 159: Language and Culture II - French 381 / Sociology 351: Immigrant Identities in Contemporary France - French 362 / Political Science 332 / Religious Studies 312 : Understanding Islam - French 364 / Political Science 334 : France and North Africa - French 368 / Political Science 338 : Middle Eastern Political Developments
One-week intensive study in Morocco is an integral part of the program and required of all students.
Located in the heart of Paris, The American Graduate School in Paris (AGS) provides U.S.-accredited graduate programs taught entirely in English to students from around the world.
AGS offers a 2-year Master of Arts (MA) degree and a Ph.D. in International Relations & Diplomacy.
Through our Dual Programs, students on the M.A. course may undertake a second degree program, and earn two Masters degrees. Study options include Diplomacy & Strategic Negotiation; French & EU Law & Business Ethics; or International Peace & Conflict Resolution.
In addition, we offer a 1-year MBA degree with a Concentration in Global Management & International Development.
Our graduate programs (with the exception of the Ph.D.) are accredited by the Middle States Commission of Higher Education through our partnership with Arcadia University in Pennsylvania.
AGS provides semester abroad and full year abroad programs to undergraduate and graduate students. We also offer summer abroad programs in Paris for undergraduate students.
Situated in a lively area in the center of Paris, AGS provides an international learning environment, characterized by personal attention, small classes and interactive teaching methods.
AGS qualifies for US Federal Aid and offers financial aid. We also offer scholarships based on merit and need.
Student Testimonial: "The American Graduate School in Paris offered me an opportunity to learn in my native tongue and yet be surrounded by another culture and language."
- Gwenn, USA
- 2-year M.A. in International Relations & Diplomacy
M.A students may also complete European Masters programs in Diplomacy & Strategic Negotiation; French & EU Law & Business Ethics; or International Peace & Conflict Resolution, & graduate with a dual degree
- Ph.D. in International Relations & Diplomacy
- 1-year International MBA Degree Program
- Undergraduate & Graduate Semester / Year Abroad Programs
• Situated in Argenteuil, near Paris, Ducasse Education is a leading culinary pastry and wine school run by the world-renowned chef Alain Ducasse.
• With 30 years of international experience, Alain Ducasse restaurants in 2014 had 21 Michelin stars in total. In addition to our Argenteuil school, we also have a training center in Yssingeaux, in the Haute-Loire department in south-central France.
• Taught entirely in English or in French, our intensive programs are for French students, beginners, adults, international culinary arts students, professional chefs, and career changers who seek excellence in culinary arts and other food-related services.
• Created in 1999, Ducasse Education sets the highest culinary and pastry industry standards with its comprehensive hands-on training programs that emphasize practical learning of techniques with precision, innovation and rigorous skills-based methodology.
• Alain Ducasse aims to pass on his knowledge, skills and expertise, along with the cultivation of excellence in the culinary, pastry, and wine & service fields through Ducasse Education.
• Our students benefit from practical training in our four state-of-the-art kitchens. Class size is kept to a maximum of 10 students to ensure the best individual learning outcomes.
Student Testimonial: "It gives you the most complete knowledge all around the world, not only for French cuisine, it gives you an overview of all the cuisine around the world."
- Paolo, Italia, Career Changer
The American University of Paris (AUP) is a university in motion, building the path to becoming a leading academic, intellectual, and cultural center in France and in the world.
We offer a range of undergraduate and graduate programs in areas including Computer Science, Economics, International Business Administration, Psychology and many more. All programs are taught through English.
The university is located in one of the most cosmopolitan neighborhoods of Paris, a European capital where business, diplomacy, culture, literature, and aesthetics all converge.
As the crossroads of Europe, it has seen and led the sweep of political history, from monarchy to revolution, from Bonaparte to the European Union.
Located very near the Eiffel Tower, and within walking distance of the Champs-Elysées, the Louvre, and the famous Quartier Latin, AUP students fully participate in the intellectual, cultural and social life of the "City of Light".
- Art History
- Comparative Literature
- European and Mediterranean Cultures
- Film Studies
- French Studies
- Global Communications History
- International Business Administration
- International Economics
- International Finance
- International and Comparative Politics
- Literary Studies and Creative Arts
• Get TEFL-certified in Paris! Established in 2000, International TEFL Training Institute (ITTI) provides accredited TEFL / TESOL certification programs in Paris to people interested in teaching English all over the world.
• Our four-week residential TEFL/TESOL course aims to provide high-quality practical training, and is ideal for those who have never taught English before. It includes observed teaching practice and full career-support services.
• In addition, we offer a Combined TESOL certificate course which combines online study with 7 days of teaching practice in Paris.
• ITTI is accredited by IAO (International Accreditation Organization), and is a member of International Association of Teachers of English as a Foreign Language (IATEFL), and an Institutional Member of the College of Teachers of the U.K.
• One of the world's most distinguished learning environments for aspiring English teachers, ITTI has a highly-educated, and experienced training staff.
• Our TESOL program takes place in a beautifully maintained, historical building in the neighborhood of the world-famous Sorbonne (the oldest university in Paris). We also have schools in Montpellier and Nice.
Student Testimonial: "Being able to practice with real students in a real-time classroom was truly priceless. The dedicated mentor was also an asset, guiding me every step of the way. I learned many strategies for making the learning experience more natural and fun."
The American Business School Paris is a leader in international education in France offering accredited Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) & Master of Arts (MA) degree programs, as well as a Master of Business Administration (MBA) program with Rider University in New Jersey, USA. Our programs are offered through English.
Founded in 1985, The American Business School Paris is proud to welcome students from nearly 80 different countries, seeking an international experience. In 1995, our business school joined IGS University (Institut de Gestion Sociale), one of France’s most dynamic private universities.
The American Business School Paris is a worldwide educational reference in France. Based on the American academic system, we embody an international vision of education in business and commerce; The American Academic System with the European Touch.
With the American Business School Paris, become a citizen of the world. The American Business School Paris prepares you to become future business leaders. Currently, 1,100 alumni of the American Business School work on 6 continents worldwide in over 35 countries in marketing functions, sales, finance and international trade.
American University Center of Provence, Aix en Provence
Courses / Programs
The American University Center of Provence located in Aix en Provence in the region of Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur, department of Bouches-du-Rhône in southeastern France is proud to offer for-credit, high-level French immersion programs in the south of France: Fall, Spring & Summer options. The Programs focus on French, Liberal Arts, Painting, International Relations, Arabic and Cross-Cultural Communication. Challenging, comprehensive and innovative, the Aix academic program motivates learning inside and outside the classroom.
The graduate level Master's program, in collaboration with the Institut d'Etudes Politiques, one of France's most prestigious grandes écoles, offers an intercultural approach to the design and management of non-governmental organizations. Ensuring a motivating interdisciplinary learning experience, French Practicum, the cornerstone of AUCP academics, combines classwork with experiential learning including homestay, language partner, personal activity, and community service. Students are expected to have an “advanced” level in French (minimum two years college French, or equivalent) and sign a language pledge to speak only French during their stay at the AUCP.
Fall, Spring and Year-round Programs:
* French and European Studies
* French Literature and the Arts
* Cross Cultural Communication
- Courses taught in French
Year-round Masters Program:
* European Graduate Program in Humanitarian Action: Master's Degree in International Affairs with Certificate in NGO Management and Design
- This Program is taught bilingually English/French or in English
* Intensive French
* Painting and Drawing
* Cross Cultural Communication
* Cooking and Wine-Tasting