Art Schools in Scotland: Photography classes in Edinburgh, Digital photography evening courses, Photographer career training, Fashion, Portrait photography lessons, Web design, Digital video editing, Film production weekend workshops in Scotland UK
Stills, Edinburgh: Stills opened in Edinburgh in 1977 as Scotland’s first gallery specialising in contemporary photography. We are situated next to Waverly Station in the vibrant heart of Edinburgh’s Cockburn Street. Since establishment, we have extended our facilities and now provide the best photographic darkrooms and digital production facilities in Scotland. We offer a programme of evening courses, weekend and one-day workshops, as well as a summer school in photography and digital media. We provide subsidised, low-cost training in everything from Photoshop and Dreamweaver to Black & White Photography so you can come to Stills to create your own website, print your own photographs, learn to use your digital camera and much more!
act up is an independent organisation specialising in communication and acting training. We are located in Lavender Hill, near Clapham Junction in South London. Clapham Common Tube Station is the closest tube station to Lavender Hill. Almost all of the acting and communication training courses take place at The Royal Academy of Dance, located at Battersea Square, which is a 5 minute walk from Clapham Junction in South London. All of the acting courses are short, part-time and professionally based.
All of our courses run regularly throughout the year, and they are open to anyone over the age of 18 years. Among those attending are participants who travel from as close as the next street, right across London, or as far afield as Birmingham, Sheffield and Exeter.
Our main philosophy with all our training is to show every participant a good time. Each time we run a course, it is always very different as the core of the work is created around the participants, so no one course is ever the same. The actors and act up do however have a structured outline for each course; the environment is designed and then it's up to the participants to be brave and throw themselves in.
Year-round short, part-time & professionally based acting courses or communication training courses (for 18 + years):
- act one (beginners): 2-hour, eight-week course
- act for foundation course: 2-hour, eight-week course
- act for (aimed at anyone who is considering seeking a career as a professional actor): 3-hour, seven-week course
- Alexander Technique for acting
- act up's short summer course
Also: A variety of communication skills training courses
London Art Classes is based in a lovely loft at the top of a Victorian propellor factory, with wonderful views overlooking Canary Wharf in East London. This is a great environment in which to develop your drawing and painting - a working studio with all the art materials you could need - while you are here, the studio is yours. You will receive extensive, personal tuition in painting and drawing from a full-time professional artist who has exhibited extensively both nationally and internationally, and your art will develop in leaps and bounds. If you ever wanted to develop your painting and drawing, this is your chance. Beginners are particularly welcome.
London Art Classes is a Registered UK Learning Provider, and consistently achieves five stars for its devotion and excellence in teaching. We also provide Portfolio Preparation Assistance to advise students on the professional presentation of your portfolio in ways that demonstrate your inventiveness and your processes of thought to best effect. We have placed students on Foundation and Degree courses at a range of colleges, including Goldsmith’s, Chelsea, The University of Kent and Central St Martins.
Art Classes and Workshops including looking at contemporary art, basic techniques of painting and drawing and practical studio work; Portfolio Preparation Assistance. Beginners are particularly welcome.
Vannetta Seecharran School of Jewellery, based in Islington, London, focuses on teaching professional jewellery making techniques in a way that is fun and accessible to beginners and those who want to pursue jewellery as a hobby or as a profession. As a leading Jeweller and with many years experience as an educator, Vannetta is passionate about teaching and encourages her students to achieve their potential as designer/makers. In addition to teaching professional jewellery making techniques there is an emphasis on developing individual design ideas. In just a few weeks students develop a keen eye for jewellery design and begin to formulate their own ideas for jewellery making.
Vannetta Seecharran School of Jewellery is staffed by highly qualified tutors with Masters degrees and Post Graduate Teaching Diplomas. Tutors bring to the students many years of teaching experience at leading art universities in London, and up to date skills and knowledge of the art and design field. All tutors are practising designer/makers and exhibit their work in the UK and abroad.
Prescott & Mackay School of Fashion and Accesory Design
Courses / Programs
Prescott & Mackay offers a unique range of short courses in fashion & accessory design from studios in London, San Francisco, Berkeley, New York and Melbourne. Courses run from beginner to advanced levels, and include shoemaking, bag making, belt making, corsetry, millinery and tutu making. Students can choose between group sessions, and private tuition.
All P&M tutors are among the best in their fields in the world, and many of them are world-renowned designers themselves. The concept for Prescott & Mackay was formulated in 1997 by British founder Melissa Needham, member of the British Footwear Association and Royal Society of the Arts. She recognised a rising passion for shoe and accessory design, yet a distinct lack of provision for those who were unable to attend full time study.
"I haven't had so much fun for ages. The teaching atmosphere was wonderful and I came away having made a pair of shoes I couldn't wait to show off. I couldn't believe I'd made them myself and nor could anyone else!"
- Caroline, Preston
- Shoemaking (Beginner to Advanced 1 & 2-day Workshops)
- Bag Making (1, 2 or 5-day Intensive Courses)
- Belt Making (1-day Beginners Course)
- Corsetry (Beginner to Advanced Classes)
- Tutu Making (2-day Courses)
- Millinery (Hat Making)
- Create Your Own Course
- 1-on-1 Private Tuition
- Industry Training
- Corporate Events
Sheffield Institute of Arts at Sheffield Hallam University is one of the oldest established art and design institutions in the UK offering undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs. Located just over 2 hours from London in the North of England, we have one of the UK’s most respected art and design research centres. Our leading academics are internationally recognised experts. All of our courses are led and supported by specialist teachers and technicians who help provide a rich learning experience.
We are committed to helping you reach your creative potential and fully preparing you for the wide range of opportunities in our successful creative economy – either as independent artists and designers, or working in a wide range of industries.
Full & Part Time Degree Programmes:
- BA (Honours) Creative Art Practice
- MArt Creative Art Practice
- MA/PgDip/PgCert Design (Graphic Design)
- MA/PgDip/PgCert Design (Industrial Design)
- MA/PgDip/PgCert Design (Metalwork and Jewellery)
- MA/PgDip/PgCert Design (Packaging Design)
- MDes Fashion Design
- BA (Honours) Fashion Design
• London Art Portfolio is located in Central London, just south of Tower Bridge in Southwark.
• We provide successful Art and Design portfolio preparation, foundation programmes, short courses, evening classes & private tuition for UK and internationals students in a range of fields of fine art and design at all study levels.
• We help to prepare you for University applications, professional interviews or your personal development!
• Prepare for entry to a Masters, Bachelor Degree, Foundation Diploma or Pre-Degree level course in Art and Design.
• We ensure successful placements at all levels, including onto University of the Arts London, UCA & many other renowned art colleges & universities in the UK, USA & other locations around the world.
• London Art Portfolio is run by Julia Dennis, a practicing artist with many years of experience in preparing art and design portfolios for degree applications, organising exhibitions and preparing students for interviews.
• Julia has great success in placing students onto the right course, at the right level, at any stage in your career.
Student Reviews: "Central Saint Martins has offered me a place on Foundation Pathway: Graphic Design. I'm so happy! Thank you so much for your guidance and all heart that you put in to help me out." - Aleksandra, Poland
"At the end of the course, I had an interview at the London College of Fashion and was accepted! It was a great victory & I owe a lot to London Art Portfolio! Thank you very much!" - Paola, Italy
• Fine Art
• Fashion Design
• Graphic Design
• 3D Design / Architecture
Year-round & Summer Courses:
• Portfolio Prep Courses: 24, 18, 12, 6 or 4 weeks
• 1-2 week Enrichment Course in Drawing or Model Making
• Summer Portfolio School- adults & teens
• Digital Portfolio Prep
• Foundation Course in Art and Design- 24 weeks
• One-One Studio Tutorial Support
• One-One Online Tuition
• Short Courses - Half Term, Holiday & Evening classes
• Corporate Workshops & Team Building