International boarding schools in Europe: IB boarding school in Switzerland offering bilingual (English-French) education. British secondary school for international high school students, IB diploma program in Montreux, in Swiss Alps.
St. George's School in Switzerland: Situated close to the town of Montreux, on the banks of Lake Geneva in south-west Switzerland, St. George's School is an international day and boarding school - home to 500 boys and girls of multiple nationalities. We provide a complete educational programme in English with an increasingly French bilingual approach for children ages 3 to 19.
International Day & Boarding School Programmes: - Taught in English - with a French Bilingual Approach - Day School options (ages 3-19) - Boarding school programmes (ages 14-19)
St. George's School aims to combine its well-structured, traditional ethos with academic excellence in an international environment. The school fosters mutual respect and understanding whilst cultivating individual talents and potential.
Junior School Academic Programmes: St. George's Junior Department is composed of Foundation Stage to Year 6 catering for students aged 3 – 11 years of age. Learning takes places in English and French. Stages include:
A broad and balanced timetable is offered in accordance with the British National Curriculum guidelines, tailored to meet the individual needs of each child.
Senior School Academic Programmes: St. George's Senior School is composed of Years 7 – 13 (U.S. Grades 6 – 12) catering for students ages 11-18.
The excellent work done by our highly qualified staff in these small classes is complemented by a well-stocked library, science laboratories, music rooms, art rooms and a fully equipped computer centre. Academic Stages include:
Located in Rolle, beside Lake Geneva and between Lausanne and Nyon in the Canton of Vaud in western Switzerland, Institut Le Rosey is a prestigious, international, boarding school and the oldest private boarding school in Switzerland. We cater for boys and girls from class 9 (US 3rd grade, UK year 4) to class 1 (US 12th grade, UK Year 12). Le Rosey’s 380 students are all boarders and share life on two campuses, the first in Rolle and the second in Gstaad (winter months).
All students must sit either the International Baccalaureate (IB) or French baccalauréat after following an academic programme with the chance to take each subject in either English or French, as well as studying one, two or even three further foreign languages. They live in an international community to which each Rosean contributes through his or her own language, culture and religion; making the campus a true “global village” to share with friends. Boarding life is a linguistic and cultural meeting point. Foreigners become friends, and using foreign languages becomes second nature. Roseans have sports and artistic activities every day, and are encouraged to develop their multiple intelligences and talents.
- Boarding Programs for boys and girls from class 9 ( US 3rd grade, UK year 4) to class 1 (US 12th grade, UK Year 12)
- Bilingual French/English System
- Academic Curriculum is based on that of the French national curriculum for subjects studied in French, and on the UK National Curriculum for those taught in English.
- Students take either International Baccalaureate (IB) or French Baccalauréat
- College and University Guidance
- Active Summer Camp
Situated in the stunning village of Gstaad overlooking the Swiss Alps, Gstaad International School is a co-educational boarding school for students ages 13-19 that specialises in an exclusive, high-quality boarding school education set within a unique, intimate and nurturing environment. The school offers an international curriculum consisting of British IGCSE and A Levels, American High School Diploma, Foundation Year and a tailored Pre-University Foundation Programme, in addition to a Summer Programme.
While English is the primary language of instruction, there is also a comprehensive English-as-an-Additional-Language (EAL) programme in place throughout the curriculum. Each academic programme can be tailored to the needs of our students, and we provide continuous academic guidance to our students to help choose the right path for their future goals.
At Gstaad International School our mission is to develop compassionate men and women who will go on to be leaders in their chosen professions and of good influence in the world.
The International School of Lausanne is an accredited, not-for-profit, open admissions English language-based school for day students of all nationalities, aged 3-18. Located near the beautiful Lac Leman in Le Mont-sur-Lausanne, which lies north of Lausanne in Canton of Waadt in western Switzerland, the International School of Lausanne has been providing an exceptional academic and extra-curricular programme for the local and international community since 1962. We are accredited by the Council of International Schools (CIS) and the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC).
Our curriculum and educational strategies are drawn from best practices from around the world. In the Primary School the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme is in place and in Years 7 to 11 we have introduced the International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme curriculum. Students in Years 12 and 13 (Grades 11 and 12) follow the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme. Students’ results in the IBDP range from very good to excellent. A Learning Support Programme, including English as an Additional Language classes, is also an important part of our curriculum.
- English language-based day school following International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme for boys and girls of all nationalites aged 3-18
- Early Childhood Centre
- Primary School
- Secondary School
- Primary Years Programme
- Middle Years Programme
- International Baccalaureate Diploma
- Learning Support Programme
- English as an Additional Language
- Core Subjects include English, French, German or Spanish, mathematics, science, arts, social studies and humanities
• With our headquarters in New York City, THINK Global School is the world’s first global, traveling high school! There is no other school like TGS on the planet.
• Designed for 10-12th Grade students from Switzerland, Europe, and around the globe, our school year consists of 3 terms, each held in a different country. Our students have the unique opportunity to delve into the history and culture of these fantastic international locations.
• Authorized to offer the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Program, our mission is to provide a challenging academic experience for multinational students (ages 14-18) in a multicultural learning environment, with a specific focus on engaging with the local culture in each of our host cities.
• During the academic year 2017-18, we are in Botswana, India, Japan & Spain, while in previous years we have been situated in Australia, Sweden, China, Germany, Argentina, the U.S. and more.
• TGS students are competitively selected from all corners of the globe and all walks of life. Together they are a miniature UN, representing more than 20 different countries of citizenship and a diverse range of experiences, talents and interests.
• THINK Global School is accredited by the Western Association of Schools & Colleges.
Expert Testimonial: "The collective energy that the students at TGS possess is remarkable. Somehow, the more places they go and things they do, the more energy they have!… It is such an inspiration!" - TGS Residential Advisor
Set in a stunning location in Montreux, high in the Swiss Alps, Surval Montreux is a small international boarding school for girls between the ages of 13–18. We provide IGCSEs, A Levels, Foundation Year, American High School Diploma and a Liberal Arts Programme focused on combining social and practical skills, languages and a strong cultural and creative focus. We also offer comprehensive Summer and Winter Camp programmes.
We offer girls the opportunity to love learning, to develop and grow intellectually, personally, spiritually and to become leaders. Through the combination of an internationally recognised academic curriculum and a strong focus on developing creative and social skills, Surval Montreux will prepare girls for further studies at top international universities, and for the challenges they will face in high positions in the future.
The International School of Schaffhausen (ISSH) offers high quality international education in English. We are an authorized IB World School for the primary program and the middle years program and diploma program. Internationally recognised standards, small classes with highly qualified staff and a modern infrastructure is what makes ISSH unique. We are located in Schaffhausen, 51 km north of Zurich.
Our Junior College boarding programme is specifically designed for teenagers aged 16-18 from around the world. Students are invited to join our international community of learners, to share our passion for knowledge and to develop into lifelong learners.
We offer a unique residential programme and an international university entrance qualification, the IB Diploma, that will open doors to universities across Europe, America, Africa or Australasia. Due to our emphasis on fostering independence and the huge range of extra-curricular opportunities, our residential programme develops responsible young adults who are well prepared for university life abroad and have a clear vision of their talents, strengths and goals for life.