Art schools in Manchester, England: Colleges of design, fashion design, graphic design in the UK. Media arts career training, digital arts schools, fine art colleges and certification, diploma courses..
The Manchester College came into existence on 1st August 2008, following the merger of City College Manchester and Manchester College of Arts and Technology (MANCAT). We are renowned for the range, flexibility and availability of the courses we offer, with more than 600 courses at all levels, from basic skills to higher education.
We offer certificate, diploma and foundation degree courses in various fields of art and design, including interior design, graphic design, animation, interactive media, video production and fashion industry courses. We also provide training in performing arts with focus on drama, music, acting and musical theatre as well as a degree in contemporary theatre practice.
The college's mission is to enhance the knowledge and skills of the whole community. We achieve this by providing high quality education, excellent facilities and outstanding personal support to help all our students to succeed and to build a successful future. Each year we enroll students from over 60 countries.
Foundation Degree Courses including:
- Contemporary Theatre Practice
- Jewellery and Applied Arts
- Photography & Digital Imaging
- Digital Graphic Design
- Video Production
- Fashion and Clothing Technology
Diploma Courses including:
- Interior Design
- Performing Arts (Music, Dance, Acting, Musical Theatre)
- Working in the Fashion Industry
- Interactive Media
• London Art Portfolio (LAP) provides art and design portfolio preparation courses to artists and designers of all levels - from beginners to advanced.
• Popular with UCAS and Foundation applicants for portfolio development support, we have a 100% success rate for student placement in top art schools and universities in London, throughout the UK, and worldwide.
• We offer foundation courses in art & design, day and evening courses year-round, as well as one-to-one tutorials tailored to your needs. Online classes are also available.
• Conveniently situated in Central London just south of Tower Bridge in Southwark, LAP welcomes students from throughout the UK, as well as international students from around the world.
• London Art Portfolio was set up by Julia Dennis, a practicing artist who exhibits regularly in the UK and abroad.
• Julia has many years of experience in preparing art and design portfolios for all specialist areas for degree applications, organising exhibitions, and preparing students for interviews.
• Our courses attract a vibrant, diverse mix of creative students from all over the world, great for making new friends and fully enjoying London too!
Student Review: "Thanks so much for your help Julia! Our sessions gave me that step up that I really needed to get my portfolio and statement together in the nick of time!
The focus, encouragement and ideas that came out of sessions together were invaluable." - Amy - Otis College of Art and Design, MA Degree in Fine Art
Sir John Cass Department of Art, Media and Design, London
Courses / Programs
The Cass (The Sir John Cass Department of Art, Media and Design) is one of ten departments of London Metropolitan University, and is situated on the East London City fringe, a vibrant area recognised as a centre of excellence for both art and design. This unique environment of commerce, art galleries and design workshops exposes our students to the highest levels of professional practice.
We are proud to welcome a diversity of international students onto our courses. The department offers two courses designed to help international students prepare for study. The International Foundation Programme is a foundation year combining art, media and design studies with English Language to prepare students for degree level study. The International Pre-Masters is a one semester programme to prepare international students for postgraduate study in the department. We also offer a wide variety of options for internationa students who wish to take a study year abroad as part of the JYA or ERASMUS programmes.
We offer a wide range of courses including short courses, a foundation year leading to extended degrees across our portfolio, foundation degrees and degrees, taught masters, research masters and PhD/MPhil.
- Art, Media & Design
- Polymer Technology
- Design, Production & Manufacture
- Fine Art
- Media & Communications
- Music & Technology
- Restoration & Conservation
plus a wide range of postgraduate degree courses...
Cambridge School of Visual and Performing Arts (CSVPA) is the UK’s leading provider of Art & Design, Drama and Music pathway programmes. It is located in Cambridge City in the county of Cambridgeshire in south-east England, about 50 miles north east of London. It is part of the Cambridge Education Group, which has been helping UK and international students achieve their best for over 55 years.
CSVPA specialises in Art & Design, Drama and Music courses at Higher Education level, all run in our state of the art centre in the heart of Cambridge, open to students 12 hours a day, seven days a week. Our Art & Design Foundation Diploma is accredited by University of the Arts London Awarding Body, and students graduating from the course go on to a range of top Arts schools. In 2009, over 40% of our diploma graduates went on to UAL colleges for their degree. Other students choose to stay at CSVPA for BA Hons degrees in Fashion or Graphic Design & Illustration.
We also offer a RADA-approved one-year Drama Foundation. In 2010 graduates went on to RSAMD, Bristol Old Vic and East 15. And we have a one year Music Foundation for students aiming at a career either in performance or music production.
The Liverpool Institute of Performing Arts (LIPA) in North-West England, is dedicated to providing the best teaching and learning for people who want to pursue a lasting career in the arts and entertainment economy. We provide education and training in performing arts, theatre and performance design and technology and management disciplines in a hands-on, collaborative environment.
We offer undergraduate degrees and diploma programmes to UK and International students. We also offer weekend performing arts classes for 4 - 19 year olds and a wide range of part-time courses for adults.
Full-time 3 -year BA (Honours) Degree programmes in:
Acting (Performing Arts); Community Drama; Dance (Performing Arts); Music; Music (Performing Arts); Music, Theatre and Entertainment Management; Sound Technology; Theatre and Performance Design; and Theatre and Performance Technology.
We also run full-time one year Foundation Diplomas: Performing Arts (Acting); Performing Arts (Dancing); Performing Arts (Singing); and Popular Music and Sound Technology.
Chelsea College of Art & Design is located in Millbank, in Central London, in the City of Westminster. We offer a range of undergraduate and postgraduate degree progams in subjects including Interior Design, Textile Design, Graphic Design and Fine Arts among many others. Situated in an inspiring location alongside Tate Britain, you will be studying at the centre of one of the world's great cultural capitals.
At Chelsea you can study from Foundation level right up to PhD and be part of an exhilarating community based in a long history of world class teaching and educational practices.
You will discover, through Chelsea's workshop and library facilities, an environment that supports high levels of experimentation and multi-visual research. Chelsea's unique combination of resources, are designed to prepare you for a world in which artists and designers increasingly work across all media. These resources are connected to each course so as to maximize opportunities for collaboration and exchange across all disciplines and boundaries.
- BA Honours Fine Art
- BA Honours Graphic Design Communication
- BA Honours Textile Design
- Foundation Degree (FdA) Interior Design
- BA Honours Interior and Spatial Design
- Graduate Diploma in Interior Design
- MA Critical Writing and Curatorial Practice
- Postgraduate Diploma in Fine Art
- MA Fine Art
- MA Graphic Design Communication
- MA Interior and Spatial Design
- MA Textile Design
act up is an independent organisation specialising in communication and acting training. We are located in Lavender Hill, near Clapham Junction in South London. Clapham Common Tube Station is the closest tube station to Lavender Hill. Almost all of the acting and communication training courses take place at The Royal Academy of Dance, located at Battersea Square, which is a 5 minute walk from Clapham Junction in South London. All of the acting courses are short, part-time and professionally based.
All of our courses run regularly throughout the year, and they are open to anyone over the age of 18 years. Among those attending are participants who travel from as close as the next street, right across London, or as far afield as Birmingham, Sheffield and Exeter.
Our main philosophy with all our training is to show every participant a good time. Each time we run a course, it is always very different as the core of the work is created around the participants, so no one course is ever the same. The actors and act up do however have a structured outline for each course; the environment is designed and then it's up to the participants to be brave and throw themselves in.
Year-round short, part-time & professionally based acting courses or communication training courses (for 18 + years):
- act one (beginners): 2-hour, eight-week course
- act for foundation course: 2-hour, eight-week course
- act for (aimed at anyone who is considering seeking a career as a professional actor): 3-hour, seven-week course
- Alexander Technique for acting
- act up's short summer course
Also: A variety of communication skills training courses