Boston University School Of Education: Located on Commonwealth Avenue in the heart of Boston MA, Boston University School of Education offers a Graduate Certificate in the Teaching of English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL). Boston University's TESOL graduate program produces innovative teachers who are well versed in theoretical and applied teaching principles. Our program prepares you to work in college and adult language programs in the United States or to work for college, adult, primary, or secondary school programs abroad. Students who pursue the TESOL certificate may already hold a master's degree and do not wish to pursue another degree at this time. Some are making mid-career changes while others are already volunteering or working in this field.
Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) Program: The TESOL Program prepares students to teach English to speakers of other languages at the college and adult levels. Students are required to take courses in linguistic theory, applied English grammar, second language acquisition, methodology of TESOL, and cross-cultural studies.
- Methods of Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL): Current theories of second-language teaching, analysis of materials, and practice in adapting and expanding textbook lessons. Focuses on adult, college, and international teaching.
- Linguistic Problems in TESOL: Application of linguistic concepts to the teaching of English as a second/ foreign language. Includes description of contemporary English grammatical structures that pose problems for learners and teachers.
- Introduction to Language and Linguistics: An introduction to contemporary linguistics, including phonological and syntactic theory, sociolinguistics, first- and second-language acquisition, and discourse theory. Also covers applications of various branches of linguistics to education, including issues of different cultures in the classroom, the role of language in education, and the development of literacy.
- Second Language Acquisition: Research and theories of second language acquisition. Includes the research on naturalistic and classroom second-language learning.
Located in San Francisco, California, St Giles International is the longest-established CELTA teacher training center in the US, offering the CELTA - TEFL certificate program to adults. A qualification in TEFL, such as the Cambridge Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults (CELTA), will give you many opportunities to live and work in the USA and abroad. You will meet people from many different backgrounds and cultures. We also provide our own St. Giles Teachers of English Certificate course for non-native English teachers.
The CELTA program at St Giles International is approved and accessed by the University of Cambridge ESOL. It is accredited by the The Commission on English Language Accreditation (CEA), and is Program on Noncollegiate Sponsored Instruction (PONSI) approved to award graduate credits.
Located in the heart of Midtown Manhattan, New York, International TEFL Training Institute (ITTI) provides a range of internationally-recognized TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) certification programs.
Teach English around the world with our accredited, state-of-the-art 120-hour TEFL/TESOL (online, on-site, or combined) certification programs.
Online specialization courses are also available in teaching business, young learners and TOEFL preparation.
With training professionals who possess an MA in TESOL and years of extensive teaching experience, you can be certain to acquire the knowledge and the skills you need to successfully enter the world of teaching English.
Our graduates are employed by the best schools in over 50 countries promoting the study of English.
Whether you would like to teach business professionals, young learners or prepare individuals to pass the TOEFL test, our specialization programs can help you achieve your goals and land the job you desire.
Over the years, we have successfully established a network of recruiters and schools that enables us to effectively support the employment needs of our graduates for life.
Student Testimonial: "I took the four-week, intensive 120-hour program in New York...It is a demanding course, but it is really worth it."
• 120-Hour 100% On-Site Course (four weeks with high quality teaching practice with actual ESL students)
• 120-Hour 100% Online Course (from anywhere in the world at your own pace)
• 120-Hour Combined Course (online at your own pace, then attend one of our training centers to get classroom teaching practice)
50-Hour Online TEFL Specialization Courses:
• Teach Young Learners
• Teach Business English
• Teach TOEFL Test Preparation
Do you want to travel to exotic locations and experience diverse cultures while earning money at the same time? Start an exciting new career as an ESL (English as a Second Language) teacher with TEFL Training College!
A international leader in online TEFL / TESOL education and learning, we provide globally-recognized and accredited TEFL / TESOL certification courses that are taught online via self-study.
Our English teacher training courses by distance learning are available to students across the U.S., Canada, the UK and around the world.
Studying online is an affordable and convenient way to achieve your TEFL / TESOL qualification to teach English abroad.
You do not have to attend class in person and do not have to start your course on any specific date - if you enrol today, you can start today! Our courses are assignment-based so you do not need to take any exams.
Student Reviews: "As an experienced teacher, I highly recommend this course to both novices and experienced teachers." - Andre
"I thank you for the excellent service and professional tutors you have provided to me during my studies." - Jan
Based in Wyoming, ESL Certified provides online TESOL / TEFL certification courses that are internationally recognized and are designed to thoroughly prepare aspiring ESL (English as a Second Language) teachers for teaching careers abroad. At its core, the 100 and 120 hour TESOL / TEFL certification courses prepare teachers in the theory and practice of teaching English.
Our courses were designed by real ESL educators that have several years of experience teaching English abroad. Not only are our instructors experienced ESL teachers, they also have at least a master's degree and have several years of experience training other teachers.
Our course modules are taught through an advance online learning management system. We also offer competitive pricing for our courses without forsaking the value of the content in our courses.
Our aim is for all ESL educators to be equipped with the knowledge that will allow them to be better teachers. Even more, we offer 24-hour customer service and we offer round the clock technical support to help you with all your technical support needs.
Astar Education Institute, Washington DC Metro Area
Courses / Programs
• Earn an internationally-accredited TESOL / TEFL English teacher certificate with Astar Education Institute (AEI) - a leader in the field of international education and ESL certification.
• Located in Manassas VA, in the Washington DC metro area, AEI provide an intensive, 140-hour TESOL certificate program for students who want to live and work abroad as an English teacher.
• Astar provides international employment opportunities to students who want to travel to China and teach English to non-native speakers in a Chinese school.
• Designed by a university Ph.D. to replicate graduate-level programs, our TESOL Certificate offers a variety of courses that are all designed to fully prepare teacher trainees to live and work abroad in teaching positions that command top salaries and benefits.
TESOL English Teacher Training Certificate Program:
- Duration: 140 hours: Core modules include: • Introduction to TESOL
• Methodology and Linguistic Theory in ESL Teaching
• Assessing English Language Proficiency
• Teaching Speaking and Listening English
• Teaching Reading and Writing English
• Teaching Grammar, Vocabulary and Lesson Planning
• ESL Classroom Management
• Teaching Practicum
Are you searching for a TEFL course in the Orlando area?
A leading provider of English language teacher training, Oxford Seminars provides an internationally-recognized TEFL / TESL / TESOL certification program.
Taught by experienced professionals, classes are held in Winter Park which is convenient for students in Orlando and the surrounding areas.
Teaching English abroad allows you to combine travel to exotic locations with an exciting and challenging job. English teachers are always in demand and our certification program is the first step towards a fulfilling new career.
Our Graduate Placement Service provides Oxford Seminars graduates assistance with finding the most rewarding teaching jobs at ESL schools around the world.
We also provide ESL teacher training in Miami, Jacksonville, and St. Petersburg, FL.