CEPA Foundation: Enjoy an unforgettable summer experience in the beautiful and historic city of Berlin! In cooperation with the prestigious Humboldt University, CEPA (Cultural & Educational Programs Abroad) Foundation offers a 4-week summer university study abroad program for North American students. This program was designed especially for students who are interested in combining German language classes with university-level courses related to German history, politics, society and culture. You will live in shared apartments in the Berlin Lichtenberg area, which is only 30 minutes away from the university by public transportation. Improve your German language skills and add global experience to your resume!
Berlin - A Beautiful & Historic City:
Berlin is one of the most popular cities in Europe due to its history, current fashion, art, and architecture. The city is ever-changing and holds so many different things to do and places to see that there is something for everyone to enjoy. As the university is located on the famous street Unter den Linden the best Berlin has to offer can be discovered just minutes away. Berlin truly is a special city and most who visit appreciate its vast culture.
Founded in 1810 and the oldest university to be established in Berlin, Humboldt Universität zu Berlin is a wonderful place to study and known for its prestige. It has been home to some of Germany’s greatest minds who include: Albert Einstein, Karl Marx, Heinrich Heine, W.E.B DuBois and many others. The institution is also home to 29 Nobel Prize winners.
Abbey Road Programs offer an academic and cultural immersion trip of a lifetime to high school students in Grades 9-12. On our Modern Civilization European history program, every day will be an opportunity for cultural exploration and adventure. Students spend 3-6 nights each in Berlin, Prague, Salzburg and Vienna - traveling alongside professional art historians and European history teachers every step of the way.
For any high school student, Berlin presents the perfect starting point for an exploration of modern European culture and history. Germany’s political and social transformation over the past century makes it a fascinating destination for anyone interested in international relations, politics, and modern history.
Germany boasts a capital, Berlin, that serves as the economic and political nucleus of the European Union. Its stronghold as a leading innovator in the progressive urban development and green-energy movements has resulted in a city with a social culture that is ever-changing and full of energy. Add to this Berlin’s incredibly complex past, and we could not think of a better city to start our exploration of Modern European history.
Verbum Novum is a language & travel operator that provides a 2-4 week German immersion summer program in the center of Berlin for students and adults 18+ years.
Our summer program includes German classes and a cultural program, and is the best way to get acquainted with Berlin while making learning German joyful.
The college residence is centrally located in the former East Berlin borough of "Friedrichshain" in inner city Berlin. The highlight of the residence is a big, green backyard with a beer garden, barbecue, table tennis and comfortable sitting places. When you arrive here you will feel the centennial history of the lovingly restored old building.
For our Summer College students we offer 2- or 3-bedded rooms, breakfast included. WC/Shower are situated in the corridor and will be shared with other students.
Here, you can get many other services as WI-FI, laundry and drying. Also for catering you do not need to go far, as meals are also served in the College Residence.
Summer German Immersion Program for students & adults:
- Duration: 2-4 weeks
- 20 German lessons per week
- German speaking, writing, reading and listening comprehension
- 15 students per class
- Cultural program
- Native German speaking teachers
- Accommodation in College Residence
- 2 afternoon activities per week
- 1 Full day excursion per 2-week stay
- German Summer Course Certificate
• The Goethe-Institut offers summer camps & year-round German courses for juniors & high school students / teenagers at attractive locations throughout Germany and Austria, including Berlin, Bonn, Leipzig and Munich.
• Our German summer and winter camps are 2-3 weeks in duration and are available to students ages 9-17. They are suitable for students at all levels of German from beginner to advanced.
• In addition to our summer courses, we offer year-round German courses for groups of students, accompanied by their teachers. These one-week or two-week programs are available throughout the autumn (fall), winter and spring.
• Students on our summer German courses learn German while meeting international students from all over the world in a fun, multicultural atmosphere.
• During the course, participants have the opportunity if they wish to take an internationally recognized Goethe-Institut examination at various levels. The exams are tailored to the various age groups.
• We offer an extracurricular program packed with sports,, the arts and plenty of fun activities. Accommodation with full board in boarding schools is included in the program.
• Founded in 1997, Language and Music for Life offers International Summer Music and Languages Courses in Europe for music students and professionals.
• Join us in in Florence, Italy in 2020 for an exciting and prestigious Musical Summer Course with optional language programs for adults & teenagers aged 18+ (unless agreed with LMFL).
• Our classical music & jazz program and voice tuition is aimed at students and professionals who are highly motivated musicians with advanced levels of musical knowledge.
• Taught by internationally renowned professors, mostly at master class level, the LMFL program includes instrumental and voice tuition, master classes, chamber music, composition, music theory, choir, & orchestra conducting classes.
• Private music lessons / one on one tuition is available for many subjects / instruments.
• We also offer music tuition for already-constituted chamber music groups.
• All students must be at advanced level in at least one discipline, other choices can be at lower level. Rentals are available for cello, harp, and guitar.
• Quality classes in French, Spanish, Italian & English, taught by native speakers.
Review: "LMFL is a musical experience any musician should go through, whether amateur or professional.
As a student you are challenged in all fronts, from the personal front to the collective one, where not only must you play your instrument or compose with the best of your skills, but also manage to work as a team to accomplish excellence."
Academy for International Education (Akademie für internationale Bildung), Bonn
Courses / Programs
Located in Bonn, in western Germany, Academy for International Education (Akademie für internationale Bildung - AIB) is a private non-profit organization for higher education. We specialize in providing year-round, semester and summer study abroad programs in Bonn for individual students and groups from US colleges and universities.
SABINA is an interdisciplinary, six-week summer program for US students that offer courses in German language and culture, liberal arts and film studies in Bonn. It offers students the choice between three different academic 'packages'. Each track gives students the opportunity to earn a total of six-eight semester credits but with different combinations of courses.
The SABINA summer program includes cultural activities and excursions. Students are encouraged to stay with one of our carefully selected German host families as homestay accommodation offers the unique opportunity to fully immerse oneself in the German culture, meet people outside of the program and make friends. Student residence accommodation is also available.
- SABINA Summer Program: An interdisciplinary, six-week summer program offering courses in German language and culture, liberal arts and film studies
- Homestay accommodation with German host family
- Internship Programs / Work experience placements
F+U Academy of Languages is a German language school in Heidelberg in Central Germany, offering a wide variety of German language courses to students from around the world. We teach all levels of German from beginner to advanced including summer / holiday German courses to children and teenagers ages 7-15 years.
Our full summer program includes homestay accommodation and meals with a German host family, and our students can participate in a wide range of leisure and cultural activities, in addition to the German language lessons. Heidelberg is located approximately 80 km south of Frankfurt and between Frankfurt & Stuttgart international airports.
We provide highly qualified and experienced German teachers who approach their teaching with a very lively and entertaining style. We teach German to students from over 90 countries, therefore creating an international, multicultural atmosphere in the school.
Founded in 1980, our school is located at Bismarckplatz in the old-town in Heidelburg city centre. F+U Academy is a member of the Organisation for German as a Foreign Language (fadaf) and of the Association of German Private Schools (VDP).
Summer German Language Courses for Juniors (7-15 years)
- Available for kids & teens for 1-8 weeks.
- Groups are divided into three age groups: 7-9 years, 10-12 years & 13-15 years (Maximum 10 students per group)
- German language course (Monday-Friday): 15 teaching hours of 45 minutes per week
- Homestay accommodation with a local German host family
- Shared breakfast with the teacher (Monday-Friday)
- Shared lunch with the teacher (Monday-Friday)
- Leisure activities (Monday-Saturday)