Summer schools in Scotland for children (UK & international students): Academic Summer camps for teenagers, summer English courses for juniors. Fun adventure activities for kids 2013, summer residential programs in the UK for high school students/ secondary school. Campamentos de verano en Escocia para jóvenes y niños, Sommerschule in Schottland..
1.ISSOS, Summer Schools at St Andrews, Cambridge and Yale Universities
Courses / Programs
• ISSOS offers all-inclusive 3-week summer school programs for international students aged between 13-18.
• The programs are held in July and August in the wonderful locations of St. Andrews in Scotland and Cambridge in England - university towns that provide a stunning, unique and safe location.
• Both UK summer schools operate from the world-famous universities and take full advantage of their facilities.
• Our residential summer schools aim to offer a balanced experience of academics, fun and culture. Students choose one academic subject and one elective subject to study during their stay.
• We also offer a full program of activities, trips, cultural enrichment and the ISSOS Highland Games allowing students to combine learning, creative enrichment and action-packed adventure.
• ISSOS are proud to provide high quality academic programs which attract students from all over the world, representing over 60 nationalities. We offer limited places to guarantee small class sizes and individual attention.
• All students will be picked up by a uniformed member of staff at the selected international airports and accompanied to St Andrews or Cambridge.
• ISSOS also provides a 3-week residential academic summer camp at Yale University in USA for international students.
Review: "It’s hard to sum up ISSOS in a few lines, but its quite easy to sum up in one word: Brilliant! From classes to activities to trips, ISSOS has something for everyone and more than one thing for most."
- Rachel, USA
Academic Programs - St. Andrews:
• English Language (beginner-advanced)
• Pre-IB Program
• Debate Program
• Youth Leadership
• Creative Writing
Academic Programs - Cambridge:
• English Language (beginner-advanced)
• Debate Program
• Business Studies & Entrepreneurship
• Pre-IB Program
• The International Summer Camp UK delivers Camp Cooper, a residential summer camp designed for boys and girls ages 7-17 from the UK and around the world.
• Based in the picturesque village of Crieff, just an hour's drive from Glasgow and Edinburgh, Camp Cooper offers exciting activities, high quality English language tuition and the opportunity to meet new friends. You can choose to stay for 2, 4 or 6 weeks, and transportation is provided from the airport to Camp.
• Our 2016 parents rated Camp Cooper 9.5 out of 10 and 100% of them would recommend us to a friend!
• With over 20 years of experience, we ensure that your time at Camp Cooper is an adventure where every day is BURSTING with new and exciting things to do! Campers plan their perfect summer experience with a wide choice of electives, including English language lessons for non-native English speakers.
• Our classes provide maximum opportunities to improve English language confidence. We make learning English fun, through games, journalism, debate, creative writing, planning events, theatre, and creating a camp newspaper.
• During their time at Camp Cooper, we actively encourage campers to develop independence, teamwork and leadership. We focus on forming friendships, inspiring creativity, encouraging learning and having fun.
• Our unique combination of high quality electives, exciting outdoor activities, day trips and evening programmes is exclusive to Camp Cooper, and ensures campers have an exceptional summer experience.
• International Summer School for Teens is an exclusive summer program in Scotland in 2019, and based on University of Stirling campus (just 40 minutes from Edinburgh Airport and 45 minutes from Glasgow International Airport).
• We specialise in providing a personalised, safe, and friendly residential experience for students ages 12 to 17.
• We welcome participants of all levels from the UK, Europe, U.S., and around the world.
• Students select one academic-based morning study option (Beginner English, Intermediate English / IELTS, English Academic Writing, Global Entrepreneurship, Introduction to Law, Environmental Studies & Conservation, or PRE IB / PRE GSCE Study Skills), and one sporting / creative afternoon course (Golf, Tennis, Theatre, Photography, or Creative Coding).
• Participants in our summer school program stay on campus at the University of Stirling - which is regularly referred to as one of the most beautiful campuses in the world, and is also regarded as Scotland’s University for Sporting Excellence.
Parent Testimonials: "Our son really enjoyed the golf, leadership, and adventure activities. Thank you to all the staff for being so easy to work with and for providing such a lovely experience!” • Anita, USA
“My son radiates with pleasure when he thinks back about his fantastic experience of last summer at the International Summer School for Teens. The whole setting was more than he had expected and experienced before. A big thank you to all of you!” • Saskia, Belgium
3-week Residential Summer School Programs in Scotland:
• Boys & Girls ages 12-17
• Students choose 1 'Academic' course, and 1 'Sporting / Creative' course
Academic Course Options: • Beginner English
• Intermediate English / IELTS
• English Academic Writing
• Global Entrepreneurship
• Introduction to Law
• Environmental Science and Conservation
• Study Skills (PRE IB / PRE GSCE)
• Immerse your child or teenager in a second language environment while experiencing the stunning countryside of Scotland in summer 2019.
• Articulate Language Camps provides English, French, Spanish, German, and Italian language summer immersion camps in Scotland for both UK-based and international students aged 6-17.
• With two fantastic locations in central Scotland, our residential summer camps are run by qualified language teachers and native speakers of your chosen language. Whether you are flying to Glasgow or Edinburgh airports or traveling by train, our team will be happy to arrange a pick-up for you.
• Our team of native and qualified teachers teach languages in a fun, meaningful way that encourages true communication. We use digital media, team building activities and adventure sports to bring language learning to life.
• Located at Lapwing Lodges, a Scout centre with amazing outdoor adventure facilities, our Launch Camp (with participants mainly from the UK) is a 2 or 4-day course for children aged 6-11.
• Located at the Dolphin House, an outdoor center on the grounds of the stunning Culzean Castle in South Ayrshire, our International Camp is an 11-day camp for students aged 12-17.
Student Testimonial: “The staff are friendly, cheerful and very organised. I loved the activities like capture the flag, crate building, the water fight and the team-building. I would recommend camp to all my friends.” - Lily, 17
Residential, Language Learning Summer Camps in Scotland:
• Participants choose English, French, Spanish, German, or Italian
Launch Camp • 2 or 4 day camp for young children aged 6-11
• Based at Lapwing Lodge, near Glasgow
• Includes outdoor language learning, raft building, climbing and film-making
International Camp • 11-day residential summer camp for UK & international students aged 12-17
• Based in Dolphin House, in the Culzean Castle and Country park area, 1 hour from Glasgow.
• With digital media projects & outdoor adventure activities