Oxford Seminars: Earn TEFL certification in Las Vegas with Oxford Seminars - a leading provider of an internationally-recognized TEFL qualification in Nevada and throughout the United States. Designed to prepare you to teach English abroad, our 100-hour TEFL course comprises live-instructor led classes complemented by online study. Oxford Seminars provides guaranteed job placement within 6 months of your graduation. Oxford Seminars also offers a TEFL certification program in Reno NV.
Intensive 100-Hour TESOL / TESL / TEFL Certificate Program: Course Duration: 100 hours - 60-hour in-class component (taught over 3 weekends) and an 40-hour online component.
To ensure that our graduates are well-trained and marketable ESL teachers, our certification course covers a comprehensive range of teaching skills. You will learn about second language acquisition, classroom management techniques and teaching English grammar among many others.
Day 1 - ESL Icebreaker Activities - ESL Warm-Up Games and Exercises - The Effective Teacher - The Effective Learner - Meeting the Needs of Diverse Learners in Your Classroom
Day 2 - Introduction to Educational Theory - Teaching Across Age and Proficiency Levels - Second Language Acquisition - Lesson Planning - Classroom Management Techniques - Cultural Sensitivity in the Classroom - Living and Working Abroad
Day 3 - Teaching Speaking and Listening - Teaching Vocabulary Techniques - Teaching English Grammar - Sample Grammar Lessons - Teaching Reading - International Trends in ESL Teaching - Long Term Unit Planning - Effective Cross-Cultural Relations
Day 4 - Teaching Pronunciation - Teaching Idioms, Expressions, Phrasal Verbs, and Slang - Teaching Writing - Teaching in a Multicultural Setting - Multiple Intelligence Theory - Conflict Resolution Techniques - Organizing the Teaching Workload
Day 5 - Testing and Evaluating ESL Students - Lesson Coordination When Team Teaching - Writing Resumes and Cover Letters - Finding ESL Teaching Jobs - Job Interviews for Teaching Positions - Pre-Departure Planning, Culture Shock, and Adaptation
Day 6 - Effective Use of ESL Teaching Resources and Activities - Instructor Feedback and Peer Evaluations - Finding and Using ESL Teaching Resources - The Globalization of the Job Market - Wrap-up/Important Questions - Teaching Practicums 40-hour online component covers the following topics: - Fundamentals of Language Acquisition - The Role of the Teacher - Applying Communicative Teaching Theory - Practicing Lesson and Unit Planning - Creating Engaging and Educational Lesson Activities - Reviewing and Applying ESL Theories and Concepts - Analysis of ESL Case Studies - Comprehending Grammatical Structures - Common Grammatical Errors and Misconceptions - Creative Grammar Activities to Stimulate Communication - Teaching Adverbs, Quantifiers, Gerunds, and Infinitives - Teaching the Twelve Verb Tenses of English - Critical Evaluation of Grammar Lessons and Materials - Meeting the Needs of Diverse Learners in Your Classroom - Completion of a 100-Question Online Assignment
• International Language Institute (ILI) offers an 8-week TESOL / TEFL certificate program at our school in Washington DC.
• This comprehensive ESL teacher training course has a practical focus and will equip you with the skills you will need to teach English as a Second Language in the United States or abroad.
• The course is offered every 8 weeks, year round. In addition to our TEFL / TESOL certification course, we offer a range of English courses to students from around the world.
• Our 120-hour TESOL / TEFL certification course centers on practice in teaching the four basic language skills of speaking, listening, reading and writing, as well as the sub-skills of pronunciation, vocabulary and grammar.
• Course components include lesson planning, observation of peers and practicing teachers, practice teaching in individual and group settings, maintaining teaching records, critical self-observation and compiling of a portfolio of teaching materials, and career planning and management.
Astar Education Institute, Washington DC Metro Area
Courses / Programs
• Earn an internationally-accredited TESOL / TEFL English teacher certificate with Astar Education Institute (AEI) - a leader in the field of international education and ESL certification.
• Located in Manassas VA, in the Washington DC metro area, AEI provide an intensive, 140-hour TESOL certificate program for students who want to live and work abroad as an English teacher.
• Astar provides international employment opportunities to students who want to travel to China and teach English to non-native speakers in a Chinese school.
• Designed by a university Ph.D. to replicate graduate-level programs, our TESOL Certificate offers a variety of courses that are all designed to fully prepare teacher trainees to live and work abroad in teaching positions that command top salaries and benefits.
TESOL English Teacher Training Certificate Program:
- Duration: 140 hours: Core modules include: • Introduction to TESOL
• Methodology and Linguistic Theory in ESL Teaching
• Assessing English Language Proficiency
• Teaching Speaking and Listening English
• Teaching Reading and Writing English
• Teaching Grammar, Vocabulary and Lesson Planning
• ESL Classroom Management
• Teaching Practicum
International Career Institute, Online TEFL Diploma Course
Courses / Programs
• International Career Institute (ICI) is a leading, accredited distance learning school for students in the U.S., Canada, UK, Australia & globally that offers an online TESOL (ICI Diploma) qualification course as well as courses in a wide range of other subjects and professions.
• Our online TEFL / TESOL English teacher training course will quickly provide you with the key skills you need to be a successful ESL teacher.
• ICI home study students come from the USA, Canada, Australia, UK, and elsewhere around the world. We have weekly intake dates, and you can enroll whenever you are ready.
• ICI online TESOL courses are recognised & accredited by the International Association of Private Career Colleges (IAPCC), and the International Accreditation and Recognition Council (IARC).
• ICI is a member of the College of Teachers which is the UK's professional educational institute for teachers.
Further Professional / Career Development Training Online:
• ICI Diploma & ICI Advanced Diploma qualifications in a wide range of careers:
Hospitality, business management, office admin, PR, marketing, sales, HR, IT / web design, journalism, counseling & psychology, natural health / nutrition, catering, fashion design, beauty therapy, makeup, pet care, & more.
• ICI offers home study courses in 34 foreign languages at various levels including: Mandarin Chinese, Spanish, English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Arabic, Thai, Japanese, Vietnamese & more.
you searching for TEFL / TESOL certification in NYC? Located only steps away from Times Square in Midtown Manhattan, International TEFL Training Institute (ITTI) provides a range of internationally-recognized and accredited TESOL certification programs with a range of study options - onsite, online, or combined.
Designed for both native and non-native English speakers, our comprehensive TESOL courses prepare you for a rewarding career as an English language teacher in the United States or abroad.
Online specialization courses are also available in teaching business, young learners and TOEFL preparation.
With training professionals who possess an MA in TESOL and years of extensive teaching experience, you can be certain to acquire the knowledge and the skills you need to successfully enter the world of teaching English.
Our graduates are employed by the best schools in over 50 countries promoting the study of English.
Whether you would like to teach business professionals, young learners or prepare individuals to pass the TOEFL test, our specialization programs can help you achieve your goals and land the job you desire.
Over the years, we have successfully established a network of recruiters and schools that enables us to effectively support the employment needs of our graduates for life.
Student Testimonial: "I took the four-week, intensive 120-hour program in New York...It is a demanding course, but it is really worth it."
Do you want to travel to exotic locations and experience diverse cultures while earning money at the same time? Start an exciting new career as an ESL (English as a Second Language) teacher with TEFL Training College!
A international leader in online TEFL / TESOL education and learning, we provide globally-recognized and accredited TEFL / TESOL certification courses that are taught online via self-study.
Our English teacher training courses by distance learning are available to students across the U.S., Canada, the UK and around the world.
Studying online is an affordable and convenient way to achieve your TEFL / TESOL qualification to teach English abroad.
You do not have to attend class in person and do not have to start your course on any specific date - if you enrol today, you can start today! Our courses are assignment-based so you do not need to take any exams.
Student Reviews: "As an experienced teacher, I highly recommend this course to both novices and experienced teachers." - Andre
"I thank you for the excellent service and professional tutors you have provided to me during my studies." - Jan
American Language Institute, San Diego State University
Courses / Programs
A division of San Diego State University, the American Language Institute (ALI) provides quality TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) courses to students from around the world. ALI's 4-week, 130-hour TEFL certificate is specifically designed for those with little / or no teaching experience who want to teach English abroad. We provide dedicated global job placement assistance, as well as ongoing support long after the course ends.
Over 100 TEFL Certificate graduates have been employed in 38 countries with the help of ALI's job placement assistance program. The ALI, one of the most internationally regarded campus-based EFL programs in the U.S., is a "living EFL laboratory" where innovative practices are tested, adapted, and utilized on a daily basis. Graduate credit option. Bachelor's degree / interview required.