Where to find TEFL programs in Florida: TESOL certification in Orlando, ESL teacher training. Teach English abroad as a foreign language, TEFL certificate course in Miami, Jacksonville, St. Petersburg, Winter Park FL..
Oxford Seminars, Orlando area: Take the first step towards an exciting new career as an English language teacher! With locations throughout the United States and Canada, Oxford Seminars is a leading provider of ESL teacher certification programs. We offer an internationally-recognized TEFL / TESL / TESOL certification program in Winter Park in the Orlando metro area.
Internationally-Recognized TEFL / TESL / TESOL Certification Program: 100 hours: 60 hours of in-class instruction (six days over 3 weekends) and a 40-hour online component.
This course is designed to equip you with the knowledge, practical techniques and confidence you need to excel in teaching English as a second language abroad.
Course Content: - Classroom Management Techniques - Interactive Language Teaching - Lesson Planning - Principles of Second Language Acquisition - Effective Use of ESL Teaching Materials and Resources - Long-term Unit Planning - Multiple Intelligence Theory - Teaching Across Age and Proficiency Levels - Teaching in a Multicultural Setting - Testing and Evaluating ESL Students - How to Teach Oral Communication Skills, Listening and Comprehension Strategies - Creative Ways to Incorporate English Grammar in a Classroom Setting
Specialization Modules: On completion of this program, you can choose to take up to three Specialization Modules to further enhance your teacher training:
- Teaching Business English - Teaching English To Children - Teaching TOEFL Preparation
TESOL Training International is one of the leading teacher training schools in Southern California, and was established with the goal of training English teachers to be effective in teaching English to learners from around the world. We offer an International TESOL Program which is I-20 approved at our San Diego - Hillcrest location, and a native English speaker course in San Diego, Orange County, San Luis Opisbo, CA, & Washington D.C.
We also offer a distance education TESOL course (either online or by correspondence) where you can study in the convenience of your own home, at your own pace.
Our graduates work around the world, some for years, teaching English and living a life that they barely imagined before. We started TESOL Training International in part from necessity – there are close to 1 billion English language students around the world (200 million in China alone). We match teachers from all walks of life to their dream jobs teaching English abroad, and we can match you with yours.
Working in partnership with Seattle Pacific University, The School of Teaching ESL (S-TESL) offers an accredited TESOL Certificate via online classes to students in the Houston TX area, throughout Texas, and nationwide.
Our online TESOL classes are asynchronous and consist of 9 modules completed over a 10 week quarter, and are designed for those who prefer the flexibility of online study.
This solid project-based program taught by highly-qualified professional teacher educators prepares you to teach in the U.S. or overseas.
Classes begin winter, spring, summer and fall quarters. Onsite study options are also available.
Student Testimonial: "This is a seasoned, well-thought out program that is taught by extremely knowledgeable and experienced instructors. I was not a teacher before the course but now I am."
Accredited Online TESOL Certificate Program (120+ hours)
Courses include: - Approaches and Methods in ELT
- Assessment of English Language Students
- Classroom Issues and Management
- Content-based English Language Teaching
- Foundations of English Language Teaching (ELT)
- Grammar in ELT
- Reading and Writing
- Teaching Young Learners
- Teaching English for Specific Purposes
- Technology in English Language Teaching..
The Boston Language Institute is located close to the center of Boston, in Kenmore Square, near Boston's elegant Back Bay neighborhood, and next to public transportation.
In 4 weeks, The Boston Language Institute trains both native and non-native English speakers to teach English in the US or abroad, with an international TEFL/TESL Certificate course. Students can avail of full and part-time study options.
We are one of the few TESL/TEFL certification schools in the US that offer monthly intensive English teacher-training certificate programs and frequent part-time (Saturday) programs.
The Institute has been teaching English as a Second Language (ESL) and foreign languages successfully since 1981, always stressing authentic and effective communication.
Astar Education Institute, Washington DC Metro Area
Courses / Programs
• Earn an internationally-accredited TESOL / TEFL English teacher certificate with Astar Education Institute (AEI) - a leader in the field of international education and ESL certification.
• Located in Manassas VA, in the Washington DC metro area, AEI provide an intensive, 140-hour TESOL certificate program for students who want to live and work abroad as an English teacher.
• Astar provides international employment opportunities to students who want to travel to China and teach English to non-native speakers in a Chinese school.
• Designed by a university Ph.D. to replicate graduate-level programs, our TESOL Certificate offers a variety of courses that are all designed to fully prepare teacher trainees to live and work abroad in teaching positions that command top salaries and benefits.
TESOL English Teacher Training Certificate Program:
- Duration: 140 hours: Core modules include: • Introduction to TESOL
• Methodology and Linguistic Theory in ESL Teaching
• Assessing English Language Proficiency
• Teaching Speaking and Listening English
• Teaching Reading and Writing English
• Teaching Grammar, Vocabulary and Lesson Planning
• ESL Classroom Management
• Teaching Practicum
• Located in the Dupont Circle area of central Washington DC, International Language Institute provides an accredited 8 week TESOL English teacher training Certificate course to English speaking students from around the world.
• Our 120-hour course is taught by experienced native speakers, and features 48 classroom hours alongside 72 hours of self-study, observation, and practice teaching.
• With a practical focus, our comprehensive teacher training class prepares and equips students to teach English as a Second Language in the United States or abroad.
• The course centers on practice in teaching the four basic language skills of reading, writing, speaking and listening, and the sub skills of vocabulary, pronunciation and grammar.
American Language Institute, San Diego State University
Courses / Programs
A division of San Diego State University, the American Language Institute (ALI) provides quality TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) courses to students from around the world. ALI's 4-week, 130-hour TEFL certificate is specifically designed for those with little / or no teaching experience who want to teach English abroad. We provide dedicated global job placement assistance, as well as ongoing support long after the course ends.
Over 100 TEFL Certificate graduates have been employed in 38 countries with the help of ALI's job placement assistance program. The ALI, one of the most internationally regarded campus-based EFL programs in the U.S., is a "living EFL laboratory" where innovative practices are tested, adapted, and utilized on a daily basis. Graduate credit option. Bachelor's degree / interview required.