ESL teacher training programs: Online TESOL certification, distance education TEFL diploma courses. Accredited TESL training for teaching English abroad, online TEFL certificate for students in in New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles CA, Chicago IL, Boston MA, Seattle WA....
Ontesol: Start an exciting new career as an ESL (English as a Second Language) teacher with Ontesol! We offer internationally-recognized and accredited online TESOL / TEFL certificate and diploma courses to students in the U.S., Canada and all over the world. Our innovative online teacher training courses provide students with the skills and knowledge needed to become ESL teachers.
100-hour online TESOL certificate course: A 100-hour certificate is considered as the international standard for TESOL/TEFL certification.
Entry Requirements: For the 100-hour TESOL certificate program a candidate needs to have a good general education up to the generally accepted level for university entrance. Applicants without formal qualifications who have the ability to communicate clearly in English will also be considered. The minimum age limit is 18 years old.
Course Content: - Module 1: The World of ELT and Study Skills - Module 2: The Study of English (Grammar and Phonology) - Module 3: The Methodology Module (The Teaching of English to Speakers of Other Languages –TESOL)
Course Duration: Depending on the pace you work at and the amount of study time available to you, a 100-hour Certificate program may take between 3 and 11 weeks to complete. The maximum time given to complete this course is 3 months.
- 250-hour online TESOL diploma course: Ontesol's 250-hour online course with optional Practicum is an extended version of Coventry House International's on-site Trinity CertTESOL and TESL Canada course!
Entry Requirements: For the 250-hour TESOL Diploma program, candidates need to have a good general education up to the generally accepted level for university entrance. Consideration will also be given to applicants who have professional or other qualifications, are capable of communicating clearly, and who feel confident in their ability to bring a clear, analytical approach to the English language and to develop a teaching style appropriate to learners with a wide range of needs.
Course Content: - The grammar module consists of 17 units, 39 quizzes and a final grammar exam.
- The phonology module consists of 13 units, 10 quizzes and a final phonology exam.
- The methodology module consists of 19 units. In this module you will have the opportunity to observe video-taped authentic lessons of adult ESL students, which is essential to grasp the idea of what really happens in a classroom setting. You will have to submit 10 tasks, 19 assignments as well as a final exam. By the end of the course you will have compiled a portfolio including your assignments, observation tasks and lesson plans which will provide tangible evidence of the course work.
Course Duration: Since no two people work at the same pace, or have identical commitments and study time, this program may take from 8 to 24 weeks to complete. You can obtain all the benefits of an advanced on-site TESOL course from the comfort of your home and choose to take the teaching practice module anywhere in the world.
- 60-hour online TEYL Certificate (Teaching English to Young Learners): The Ontesol TEYL Certificate course (Teaching English to Young Learners) has been carefully developed to address the needs of young learners. For the TEYL Certificate program the overall aim is to develop skills and confidence in working with young learners, familiarize with the approach that best suit children’s learning styles as well as adding an invaluable bonus to your CV or résumé and network with other TESOL graduates. This is a 60-hour online course which must be completed in a period of 8 weeks
- 20 hour practicum (English teaching practice) that can be completed at the student's location: The 20-hour Practicum can be completed at any TESL Canada centre that offers the Stand-Alone Practicum or at any ESL school in the world with the help of a qualified supervisor. Employers prefer new graduates to have some teaching experience after graduating from a TESOL course. Most importantly, if you are taking our 250-hour TESOL course, the 20-hour practicum is compulsory to obtain TESL Canada's accreditation.
For further information on our online TEFL / TESOL certification programs, please e-mail us via our Contact Page.
Teaching House - Philadelphia is an English teacher training institute located in Downtown Philadelphia PA. We provide the world-renowned CELTA (Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults) 4-week course to students from the U.S. and around the world.
The CELTA is a practical and hands-on course that gives trainees the necessary experience in teaching a variety of lessons to non-native English speakers. The course has a strong focus on teaching practice, where you will be teaching English to non-native speakers. Our teacher trainers always provide you with very helpful feedback throughout the course.
In accordance with CELTA standards, all Teaching House courses are run by trainers approved by the University of Cambridge. All graduates obtain a CELTA Certificate issued by the University of Cambridge.
Astar Education Institute, Washington DC Metro Area
Courses / Programs
• Earn an internationally-accredited TESOL / TEFL English teacher certificate with Astar Education Institute (AEI) - a leader in the field of international education and ESL certification.
• Located in Manassas VA, in the Washington DC metro area, AEI provide an intensive, 140-hour TESOL certificate program for students who want to live and work abroad as an English teacher.
• Astar provides international employment opportunities to students who want to travel to China and teach English to non-native speakers in a Chinese school.
• Designed by a university Ph.D. to replicate graduate-level programs, our TESOL Certificate offers a variety of courses that are all designed to fully prepare teacher trainees to live and work abroad in teaching positions that command top salaries and benefits.
TESOL English Teacher Training Certificate Program:
- Duration: 140 hours: Core modules include: • Introduction to TESOL
• Methodology and Linguistic Theory in ESL Teaching
• Assessing English Language Proficiency
• Teaching Speaking and Listening English
• Teaching Reading and Writing English
• Teaching Grammar, Vocabulary and Lesson Planning
• ESL Classroom Management
• Teaching Practicum
• International Language Institute (ILI) offers an 8-week TESOL / TEFL certificate program at our school in Washington DC.
• This comprehensive ESL teacher training course has a practical focus and will equip you with the skills you will need to teach English as a Second Language in the United States or abroad.
• The course is offered every 8 weeks, year round. In addition to our TEFL / TESOL certification course, we offer a range of English courses to students from around the world.
• Our 120-hour TESOL / TEFL certification course centers on practice in teaching the four basic language skills of speaking, listening, reading and writing, as well as the sub-skills of pronunciation, vocabulary and grammar.
• Course components include lesson planning, observation of peers and practicing teachers, practice teaching in individual and group settings, maintaining teaching records, critical self-observation and compiling of a portfolio of teaching materials, and career planning and management.
• Become a qualified English teacher with a full-time or part time TESOL / TEFL Certificate course in New York City!
• Situated in the heart of Lower Manhattan, New York English Academy is an accredited language school that provides a unique TESOL English teacher training course to local and international students.
• The New York English Academy TESOL program is inspired by the most renowned TESOL programs in the world, such as the Cambridge University CELTA and the Trinity College TESOL certificate.
• Our superb Lower Manhattan location provides a level of comfort not available at other schools. Everything is bright and clean and each of our classrooms has large windows facing north into the vast Manhattan skyline.
Located in Eau Claire County, northwestern Wisconsin, the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire provides a range of English language teacher training programs at undergraduate and graduate levels. Our TEFL and TESOL programs are designed for individuals wishing to become teachers of ESL/EFL or those who wish to become qualified to teach their subject (e.g., history, math, science, language arts/English, business, etc) to non-native English speakers.
Students at the undergraduate or graduate levels, native or non-native speakers, and/or teachers seeking additional licensure or graduate credits are welcome to apply. The University is centrally located east of Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN, west of Green Bay, WI, and northeast of Chicago, IL.
• EBC would like to invite Americans to consider Madrid and Spain as a quality TEFL course + work destination in Europe. Madrid is a TEFL hotspot year-round with a vibrant nightlife and cultural immersion experience, and EBC Madrid offers an accredited TEFL course with job placement program for our graduates! Contact us today for details of our next course dates.
• EBC Madrid is an accredited centre of Trinity College, and a leading provider of internationally-recognised TEFL courses and job placement opportunities for career-change seekers and global travelers.
• EBC offers a British Council-accepted Trinity CertTESOL certificate course in Madrid, the ability to earn up to 60 university credits, and the key resource of free worldwide, lifetime job placement for our TEFL graduates.
• The Trinity CertTESOL qualification is preferred by many renowned language schools worldwide, and over the last 16 years, EBC has been instrumental in helping more than 8000+ TEFL graduates finance their travels and realise their dreams of living and working outside of their home countries.
• If you are a citizen of the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa, EBC Madrid provides our comprehensive Road2Spain program which offers you a 1 year student visa to work, live and travel throughout Spain and Europe.
• EBC also runs accredited TEFL courses in Crete (Greece), Buenos Aires, (Argentina) and Boracay (Philippines).
Intensive 4-week accredited TEFL / TESOL teacher certificate course:
• Comprises 150 hours including 24 hours of teaching practice.
• Written to UK QCF level 5 standards.
With Study Package options:
• Bronze, Silver, Gold and Road2Spain (Road2Spain is an ideal option, for example, for citizens of the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa who want a seamless stay in Spain with accommodation and study visa included).