TEFL/ TESOL in USA university: TESOL in Wisconsin, TEFL certification programs for teaching English abroad as a second language. ESL teacher training, TEFL courses in Eau Claire County WI at undergraduate & graduate level..
University Of Wisconsin - Eau Claire: Located in Eau Claire County, northwestern Wisconsin, the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire provides a range of English language teacher training programs at undergraduate and graduate levels. Our TEFL and TESOL programs are designed for individuals wishing to become teachers of ESL/EFL or those who wish to become qualified to teach their subject (e.g., history, math, science, language arts, business, etc) to non-native English speakers.
TESOL Teacher Education Programs: We offer the following TEFL and TESOL programs: Second Language Acquisition Theory, TESOL Methods, Content-Based Instructional Methods, Assessment of English Language Learners.
Teach English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL): The TESOL minor coursework fulfills all the requirements for a State of Wisconsin add-on license in ESL/TESOL. It is designed for any future teacher who intends to enroll in the UW-Eau Claire's College of Education or for in-service teachers who wish to teach English to language minority students in American public schools.
The demand for teachers with this skill set is continuing to grow as the demographic landscape of the United States changes with more non-native English speakers, refugees and immigrants. Teachers with this preparation are prepared to create interactive, multi-level inclusive classes that meet the needs of diverse learners.
Teach English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) Overseas (Non-Licensure for the State of Wisconsin): The TEFL programs are appropriate for individuals in Arts and Sciences or other majors who;
1) wish to teach English overseas and who do not intend to be in UW- Eau Claire's College of Education or teach in the State of Wisconsin and/or 2) desire to obtain either a TEFL minor or TEFL certificate may go abroad with the Peace Corps, on a Fulbright Exchange, or on their own adventure and teach English to speakers of other languages while the individual is living outside of the United States.
Bilingual/Bicultural Education Add-on Licensure: Bilingual/Bicultural Education Teaching Minor Program - Certification to Teach in USA. This add-on license/ minor is designed for any education major enrolled in the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire's College of Education who wish to teach bilingually in two languages in American public schools. According to the National Center for Education Statistics and U.S. Dept of Education’s 2009-2010 Teacher Shortage Area Nationwide listing, qualified bilingual instructors are currently in high demand throughout the United States.
Master in Education—Professional Development Program: Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) Specialization. The program assists participants in development of professional competencies in education. The program is offered by the Department of Education Studies of the College of Education and Human Sciences with assistance from other departments offering graduate study. Qualified ESL/EFL instructors are currently in high demand throughout the United States and the world. One may pursue the MEPD specialization TESOL alone or in conjugation with an add-on licensure.
StudyCELTA offers full-time Cambridge University teacher training courses at our training center in Miami, Florida, including the CELTA (Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults).
Our CELTA courses are available all year round and take 4 weeks to complete. Highly-regarded worldwide because of its high standards and rigorous assessments, the CELTA qualification is the most widely recognized TESL/TEFL certificate in the world.
The CELTA course provides an excellent introduction to the teaching of English as a foreign language and aims to lay a firm foundation on which a teacher can build as s/he gains experience. It is ideal for those with no experience at all or for those who have experience but want to earn a formal qualification.
Our CELTA tutors in Miami have years of experience in training teachers of English and have continued to innovate both in pre-service training and teacher development. We have a special commitment to working with teachers whose first language is not English, creating career opportunities for teachers from different backgrounds and working to improve the quality of language teaching provision in the state system.
The TEFL Academy of Arizona in downtown Scottsdale offers Arizona's only in-class 120 hour Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) certificate course.
This focused and intensive TEFL course is available either as a full-time course during the week (4 weeks) or part-time at weekends (12 weeks). We aim to provide our students with the confidence and know-how to plan a lesson and teach English in ESL classrooms around the world.
All of our instructors are TEFL certified and exceed the highest levels of international TESOL /TEFL /ESL training standards. We also provide a Certificate in Teaching International Business English course and a TEFL certificate course for non-native speakers of English.
Our school is located in Scottsdale's vibrant entertainment district close to art galleries, restaurants, cultural venues, hotels, and lots of outdoor activities under the sunny Arizona sky. Students can enjoy wonderful weather and tourist attractions such as the Grand Canyon.
- TEFL Certificate Weekday Course for native speakers of English (4 weeks)
- TEFL Certificate Weekend Course for native speakers of English (12 Saturdays)
- TEFL Certificate Course for non-native speakers of English
- Certificate in Teaching International Business English
- Evaluated practice teaching in a real ESL classroom
- Observation of experienced ESL teachers in the classroom
• International Language Institute (ILI) offers an 8-week TESOL / TEFL certificate program at our school in Washington DC.
• This comprehensive ESL teacher training course has a practical focus and will equip you with the skills you will need to teach English as a Second Language in the United States or abroad.
• The course is offered every 8 weeks, year round. In addition to our TEFL / TESOL certification course, we offer a range of English courses to students from around the world.
• Our 120-hour TESOL / TEFL certification course centers on practice in teaching the four basic language skills of speaking, listening, reading and writing, as well as the sub-skills of pronunciation, vocabulary and grammar.
• Course components include lesson planning, observation of peers and practicing teachers, practice teaching in individual and group settings, maintaining teaching records, critical self-observation and compiling of a portfolio of teaching materials, and career planning and management.
• EBC would like to invite Americans to consider Madrid and Spain as a quality TEFL course + work destination in Europe. Madrid is a TEFL hotspot year-round with a vibrant nightlife and cultural immersion experience, and EBC Madrid offers an accredited TEFL course with job placement program for our graduates! Contact us today for details of our next course dates.
• EBC Madrid is an accredited centre of Trinity College, and a leading provider of internationally-recognised TEFL courses and job placement opportunities for career-change seekers and global travelers.
• EBC offers a British Council-accepted Trinity CertTESOL certificate course in Madrid, the ability to earn up to 60 university credits, and the key resource of free worldwide, lifetime job placement for our TEFL graduates.
• The Trinity CertTESOL qualification is preferred by many renowned language schools worldwide, and over the last 16 years, EBC has been instrumental in helping more than 8000+ TEFL graduates finance their travels and realise their dreams of living and working outside of their home countries.
• If you are a citizen of the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa, EBC Madrid provides our comprehensive Road2Spain program which offers you a 1 year student visa to work, live and travel throughout Spain and Europe.
• EBC also runs accredited TEFL courses in Crete (Greece), Buenos Aires, (Argentina) and Boracay (Philippines).
Intensive 4-week accredited TEFL / TESOL teacher certificate course:
• Comprises 150 hours including 24 hours of teaching practice.
• Written to UK QCF level 5 standards.
With Study Package options:
• Bronze, Silver, Gold and Road2Spain (Road2Spain is an ideal option, for example, for citizens of the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa who want a seamless stay in Spain with accommodation and study visa included).
Learn to teach English from the comfort of your own home or office in Houston TX and throughout the U.S.
Penn State World Campus provides quality distance education programs to students from Houston, throughout the U.S. and around the world, including our online Graduate Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL).
The Graduate Certificate in TESOL offered by Penn State features classes written and taught by world-class faculty who are specialists in language methodology, applied linguistics, and English language education.
The online TESOL certificate program provides graduate-level courses designed for candidates seeking entry-level English language teaching credentials.
All courses are delivered entirely online to give you maximum convenience and flexibility around your busy schedule, and the courses are taught by the same faculty who teach in our resident Master of Arts in TESL (MA TESL) program.
Enrolling in the online TESOL certificate program will allow you to earn a Post-baccalaureate Certificate without having to relocate to Penn State.
Not having to physically attend classes means that you can schedule your study around your work or family commitments.
Online TESOL Graduate Certificate Program: - Can be completed in 9-12 months
Highlights include: - Flexible 12-credit course schedule
- Interactive online setting
- Access to Penn State's vast academic resources
- Completion of TESOL e-portfolio as support documentation of your skills
Specific Courses include: - Focus on English: Teaching Form, Meaning and Us
- Focus on Learners: Identity, Community and Language Learning
- Focus on Classrooms: Planning and Supporting Language Learning
- Focus on Instruction: Teaching and Assessing Language Learning
The American TESOL Institute specializes in English teacher training. We provide a range of online and combined in-class / online TESOL courses, including job placement for graduates. Our headquarters are located in Tampa, Florida, in the heart of the Southeast United States of America.
Being American TESOL certified qualifies you to teach English worldwide, and is the USA's standard TESOL certification program for Americans wishing to teach and travel abroad. American TESOL Programs held online are evaluated and accredited by the American Association For International English Proficiency, to ensure international standards are met.