American Language Institute, San Diego State University:
A division of San Diego State University, the American Language Institute (ALI) provides quality TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) courses to students from around the world. ALI's 4-week, 130-hour TEFL certificate is specifically designed for those with little / or no teaching experience who want to teach English abroad. We provide dedicated global job placement assistance, as well as ongoing support long after the course ends. Over 100 TEFL Certificate graduates have been employed in 38 countries with the help of ALI's job placement assistance program.
TEFL English Teacher Training Certificate:
This 130-hour, graduate-level certificate program prepares novice instructors to successfully live and teach English overseas. Over 100 TEFL graduates have been employed in 38 countries with the help of ALI's job placement assistance program. This four-week program combines a solid teaching foundation with hands-on practical classroom experience.
Specialized sessions in language acquisition theory, teaching specific language skills, effective second language teaching methods, understanding the English language learner, classroom atmosphere and management, lesson preparation, and materials development provide participants the tools they will need to successfully apply for, and perform teaching assignments abroad.
- Observed Practice Teaching participants will get a maximum of six hours of practice teaching their own lessons.
- Small-group tutoring with actual students participants will tutor ALI students in small conversation groups.
- Interactive classes in teaching all the basic skills participants will take classes in teaching speaking, listening, grammar, reading, writing, and pronunciation. These courses will combine lecture, interaction and demonstration.
- Mentoring sessions with ALI trainers trainers will work with participants in small groups to discuss their progress in the program and issues in EFL.
- Observation of real EFL classes participants will observe actual classes taught by experienced teachers, and will volunteer as teacher's assistants in many of these classes.
- Entrance and exit test on grammatical terminology TEFL participants will be given an extensive test and take a ten-hour class on grammatical terms.
- Exit test on EFL methodology and terminology this test, which will combine short-answer, multiple-choice and short essay questions, will test participants on their knowledge of EFL concepts, terms, and applications. The test will be based on materials covered in the modules during the four weeks.
- Classes will meet from 9 am - 4 pm Monday-Friday.
Additional Night-Time TEFL Program:
- 11-weeks - Night-time classes are Tuesdays / Thursdays 6 pm - 9 pm.
Email: Contact Us
|Address: 5250 Campanile Drive, San Diego, California , USA|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2021 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.