TESOL in Texas: TEFL certification in Houston, Dallas & Austin, ESL teacher training. Accredited TESOL certificate programs, TESL courses in San Antonio for teaching English abroad as a second language.
Oxford Seminars, Texas: Oxford Seminars offers an internationally-recognized TESOL / TESL / TEFL Certification Course in a range of locations in Texas including Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, Austin, and College Station. This intensive 100-hour course is designed for students who want to teach English abroad. The weekend classes are taught on college campuses and participants must be 18 or over. The Oxford Seminars TESOL / TESL / TEFL Certification Course is the first step towards a career as an ESL teacher overseas. Our courses are offered at more than 100 locations throughout the country.
Intensive 100-hour TESOL / TESL / TEFL Certificate Course: The Oxford Seminars 100-hour TESOL / TESL / TEFL Certification Course covers a wide range of skills, ensuring graduates are some of the most prepared and marketable ESL teachers working abroad today. The course is dynamic and interactive and is organized to flow from one skill to the next. The curriculum is designed to provide continuity in the learning process as students progress through the program. The course is taught at a first-year college level and students must be at least 18 years of age to attend.
From ESL warm-up games and classroom management techniques to second language acquisition and teaching English grammar, our course covers a comprehensive range of teaching skills ensuring our graduates are well-trained, marketable ESL teachers. Below are the topics covered in each day of the course:
Day 1 - Introduction to the Course/ Materials/Assignments - ESL Icebreaker Activities - ESL Warm-Up Games and Exercises - Meeting the Needs of Diverse Learners in Your Classroom - The Effective Learner - The Effective Teacher
Day 2 - Introduction to Educational Theory - Teaching Across Age and Proficiency Levels - Lesson Planning - Classroom Management Techniques - Cultural Sensitivity in the Classroom - Second Language Acquisition - Living and Working Abroad
Day 3 - International Trends in ESL Teaching - Effective Cross-Cultural Relations - Long Term Unit Planning - Sample Grammar Lessons - Teaching English Grammar - Teaching Vocabulary Techniques - Teaching Reading - Teaching Speaking and Listening
Day 4 - Teaching Writing - Teaching Pronunciation - Teaching Idioms, Expressions, Phrasal Verbs, and Slang - Multiple Intelligence Theory - Conflict Resolution Techniques - Organizing the Teaching Workload - Teaching in a Multicultural Setting
Day 5 - Testing and Evaluating ESL Students - Writing Resumes and Cover Letters - Finding ESL Teaching Jobs - Job Interviews for Teaching Positions - Pre-Departure Planning, Culture Shock, and Adaptation - Lesson Coordination When Team Teaching
Day 6 - Effective Use of ESL Teaching Resources and Activities - Finding and Using ESL Teaching Resources - Teaching Practicums - Instructor Feedback and Peer Evaluations - The Globalization of the Job Market - Wrap-up/Important Questions - Awarding of TESOL/TESL/TEFL Certificates
40-Hour Online Component - Applying Communicative Teaching Theory - The Role of the Teacher - Fundamentals of Language Acquisition - Creating Engaging and Educational Lesson Activities - Practicing Lesson and Unit Planning - Reviewing and Applying ESL Theories and Concepts - Analysis of ESL Case Studies - Creative Grammar Activities to Stimulate Communication - Teaching Adverbs, Quantifiers, Gerunds, and Infinitives - Comprehending Grammatical Structures - Common Grammatical Errors and Misconceptions - Critical Evaluation of Grammar Lessons and Materials - Teaching the Twelve Verb Tenses of English - Completion of a 100-Question Online Assignment
For further information on our TEFL certification progams in Texas, please contact us quickly via our Contact Page.
Located on Commonwealth Avenue in the heart of Boston MA, Boston University School of Education offers a Graduate Certificate in the Teaching of English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL). Students who pursue the TESOL certificate may already hold a master's degree and do not wish to pursue another degree at this time. Some are making mid-career changes while others are already volunteering or working in this field.
Boston University's TESOL graduate program produces innovative teachers who are well versed in theoretical and applied teaching principles. Our program prepares you to work in college and adult language programs in the United States or to work for college, adult, primary, or secondary school programs abroad. Admission to our program is competitive, and international students must submit a TOEFL score for admission.
Oxford Seminars offers our 100-hour TESOL / TESL / TEFL certification program in New York at two of the campuses of St John's University, in Manhattan and in Queens. Our intensive 100-hour combined in-class / online course is designed for students who are interested in teaching English abroad. The campus in Manhattan is is located in the Financial District, while the Queens Campus is located just off Grand Central Parkway.
Our highly skilled instructors and our Graduate Placement Department have a wealth of knowledge and experience to assist you in the process of preparing to teach overseas. Our qualified and friendly Graduate Placement Department has compiled a comprehensive list of how to go about finding a teaching job abroad!
Whether you are still in school, have just finished school and are unsure of which career path you should take, or have been in the workforce for a number of years and are looking for a change, the course curriculum is designed to accommodate your needs. Upon completing the course, you will receive an internationally-recognized certificate.
Online / in-class combined course - concepts include:
- Interactive language teaching
- Principles of second language acquisition
- Multiple intelligence theory
- Classroom management techniques
- Detailed lesson planning
- Long-term unit planning
- Oral communication skills
- Listening and comprehension strategies
- English grammar in a classroom setting...
Working in partnership with Seattle Pacific University, The School of Teaching ESL (S-TESL) offers an accredited TESOL Certificate via online classes to students in the Houston TX area, throughout Texas, and nationwide.
Our online TESOL classes are asynchronous and consist of 9 modules completed over a 10 week quarter, and are designed for those who prefer the flexibility of online study.
This solid project-based program taught by highly-qualified professional teacher educators prepares you to teach in the U.S. or overseas.
Classes begin winter, spring, summer and fall quarters. Onsite study options are also available.
Student Testimonial: "This is a seasoned, well-thought out program that is taught by extremely knowledgeable and experienced instructors. I was not a teacher before the course but now I am."
Accredited Online TESOL Certificate Program (120+ hours)
Courses include: - Approaches and Methods in ELT
- Assessment of English Language Students
- Classroom Issues and Management
- Content-based English Language Teaching
- Foundations of English Language Teaching (ELT)
- Grammar in ELT
- Reading and Writing
- Teaching Young Learners
- Teaching English for Specific Purposes
- Technology in English Language Teaching..
• Become a qualified English teacher with a full-time or part time TESOL / TEFL Certificate course in New York City!
• Situated in the heart of Lower Manhattan, New York English Academy is an accredited language school that provides a unique TESOL English teacher training course to local and international students.
• The New York English Academy TESOL program is inspired by the most renowned TESOL programs in the world, such as the Cambridge University CELTA and the Trinity College TESOL certificate.
• Our superb Lower Manhattan location provides a level of comfort not available at other schools. Everything is bright and clean and each of our classrooms has large windows facing north into the vast Manhattan skyline.
Do you want to travel to exotic locations and experience diverse cultures while earning money at the same time? Start an exciting new career as an ESL (English as a Second Language) teacher with TEFL Training College!
A international leader in online TEFL / TESOL education and learning, we provide globally-recognized and accredited TEFL / TESOL certification courses that are taught online via self-study.
Our English teacher training courses by distance learning are available to students across the U.S., Canada, the UK and around the world.
Studying online is an affordable and convenient way to achieve your TEFL / TESOL qualification to teach English abroad.
You do not have to attend class in person and do not have to start your course on any specific date - if you enrol today, you can start today! Our courses are assignment-based so you do not need to take any exams.
Student Reviews: "As an experienced teacher, I highly recommend this course to both novices and experienced teachers." - Andre
"I thank you for the excellent service and professional tutors you have provided to me during my studies." - Jan
• The International TEFL Institute (ITEFLI) provides internationally-accredited and globally-recognized certificate and master diploma programs in Teaching English Language as a Foreign Language (TEFL).
• Taught via online learning, our TEFL (TESOL) programs are available to students in the U.S., Canada and worldwide.
• We equip you with the teaching skills and certification required to get a professional well-paid job teaching English anywhere in the world.
• A TEFL qualification from ITEFLI will help you find TEFL jobs throughout the world. Our online TEFL certification programs are provided through up-to-date, technologically-advanced interactive training media which enhance and promote the learning experience.
• The main advantages of completing an online TEFL course are convenience and flexibility. You can study from any location you choose and you can start the program whenever you want.
• Learn at your own pace with up to 6 months to complete a course. You don't have to take any exams - qualification is earned through assignments you submit.
• ITEFLI is accredited by the International TEFL Accreditation Council (ITEFLAC) - an independent body that specialises in the accreditation of TEFL/TESOL course providers and institutions.
Student Review: "The course itself is professionally produced and contains great information...thank you very much for the wonderful time I had. I'm equally impressed with the professional materials. I highly recommend this course to anyone."