TESOL in Texas: TEFL certification in Houston, Dallas & Austin, ESL teacher training. Accredited TESOL certificate programs, TESL courses in San Antonio for teaching English abroad as a second language.
Oxford Seminars, Texas: Oxford Seminars offers an internationally-recognized TESOL / TESL / TEFL Certification Course in a range of locations in Texas including Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, Austin, and College Station. This intensive 100-hour course is designed for students who want to teach English abroad. The weekend classes are taught on college campuses and participants must be 18 or over. The Oxford Seminars TESOL / TESL / TEFL Certification Course is the first step towards a career as an ESL teacher overseas. Our courses are offered at more than 100 locations throughout the country.
Intensive 100-hour TESOL / TESL / TEFL Certificate Course: The Oxford Seminars 100-hour TESOL / TESL / TEFL Certification Course covers a wide range of skills, ensuring graduates are some of the most prepared and marketable ESL teachers working abroad today. The course is dynamic and interactive and is organized to flow from one skill to the next. The curriculum is designed to provide continuity in the learning process as students progress through the program. The course is taught at a first-year college level and students must be at least 18 years of age to attend.
From ESL warm-up games and classroom management techniques to second language acquisition and teaching English grammar, our course covers a comprehensive range of teaching skills ensuring our graduates are well-trained, marketable ESL teachers. Below are the topics covered in each day of the course:
Day 1 - Introduction to the Course/ Materials/Assignments - ESL Icebreaker Activities - ESL Warm-Up Games and Exercises - Meeting the Needs of Diverse Learners in Your Classroom - The Effective Learner - The Effective Teacher
Day 2 - Introduction to Educational Theory - Teaching Across Age and Proficiency Levels - Lesson Planning - Classroom Management Techniques - Cultural Sensitivity in the Classroom - Second Language Acquisition - Living and Working Abroad
Day 3 - International Trends in ESL Teaching - Effective Cross-Cultural Relations - Long Term Unit Planning - Sample Grammar Lessons - Teaching English Grammar - Teaching Vocabulary Techniques - Teaching Reading - Teaching Speaking and Listening
Day 4 - Teaching Writing - Teaching Pronunciation - Teaching Idioms, Expressions, Phrasal Verbs, and Slang - Multiple Intelligence Theory - Conflict Resolution Techniques - Organizing the Teaching Workload - Teaching in a Multicultural Setting
Day 5 - Testing and Evaluating ESL Students - Writing Resumes and Cover Letters - Finding ESL Teaching Jobs - Job Interviews for Teaching Positions - Pre-Departure Planning, Culture Shock, and Adaptation - Lesson Coordination When Team Teaching
Day 6 - Effective Use of ESL Teaching Resources and Activities - Finding and Using ESL Teaching Resources - Teaching Practicums - Instructor Feedback and Peer Evaluations - The Globalization of the Job Market - Wrap-up/Important Questions - Awarding of TESOL/TESL/TEFL Certificates
40-Hour Online Component - Applying Communicative Teaching Theory - The Role of the Teacher - Fundamentals of Language Acquisition - Creating Engaging and Educational Lesson Activities - Practicing Lesson and Unit Planning - Reviewing and Applying ESL Theories and Concepts - Analysis of ESL Case Studies - Creative Grammar Activities to Stimulate Communication - Teaching Adverbs, Quantifiers, Gerunds, and Infinitives - Comprehending Grammatical Structures - Common Grammatical Errors and Misconceptions - Critical Evaluation of Grammar Lessons and Materials - Teaching the Twelve Verb Tenses of English - Completion of a 100-Question Online Assignment
For further information on our TEFL certification progams in Texas, please contact us quickly via our Contact Page.
• The International TEFL Institute (ITEFLI) provides internationally-accredited and globally-recognized certificate and master diploma programs in Teaching English Language as a Foreign Language (TEFL).
• Taught via online learning, our TEFL (TESOL) programs are available to students in the U.S., Canada and worldwide.
• We equip you with the teaching skills and certification required to get a professional well-paid job teaching English anywhere in the world.
• A TEFL qualification from ITEFLI will help you find TEFL jobs throughout the world. Our online TEFL certification programs are provided through up-to-date, technologically-advanced interactive training media which enhance and promote the learning experience.
• The main advantages of completing an online TEFL course are convenience and flexibility. You can study from any location you choose and you can start the program whenever you want.
• Learn at your own pace with up to 6 months to complete a course. You don't have to take any exams - qualification is earned through assignments you submit.
• ITEFLI is accredited by the International TEFL Accreditation Council (ITEFLAC) - an independent body that specialises in the accreditation of TEFL/TESOL course providers and institutions.
Student Review: "The course itself is professionally produced and contains great information...thank you very much for the wonderful time I had. I'm equally impressed with the professional materials. I highly recommend this course to anyone."
Astar Education Institute, Washington DC Metro Area
Courses / Programs
• Earn an internationally-accredited TESOL / TEFL English teacher certificate with Astar Education Institute (AEI) - a leader in the field of international education and ESL certification.
• Located in Manassas VA, in the Washington DC metro area, AEI provide an intensive, 140-hour TESOL certificate program for students who want to live and work abroad as an English teacher.
• Astar provides international employment opportunities to students who want to travel to China and teach English to non-native speakers in a Chinese school.
• Designed by a university Ph.D. to replicate graduate-level programs, our TESOL Certificate offers a variety of courses that are all designed to fully prepare teacher trainees to live and work abroad in teaching positions that command top salaries and benefits.
TESOL English Teacher Training Certificate Program:
- Duration: 140 hours: Core modules include: • Introduction to TESOL
• Methodology and Linguistic Theory in ESL Teaching
• Assessing English Language Proficiency
• Teaching Speaking and Listening English
• Teaching Reading and Writing English
• Teaching Grammar, Vocabulary and Lesson Planning
• ESL Classroom Management
• Teaching Practicum
Working in partnership with Seattle Pacific University, The School of Teaching ESL (S-TESL) offers an accredited TESOL Certificate via online classes to students in the Houston TX area, throughout Texas, and nationwide.
Our online TESOL classes are asynchronous and consist of 9 modules completed over a 10 week quarter, and are designed for those who prefer the flexibility of online study.
This solid project-based program taught by highly-qualified professional teacher educators prepares you to teach in the U.S. or overseas.
Classes begin winter, spring, summer and fall quarters. Onsite study options are also available.
Student Testimonial: "This is a seasoned, well-thought out program that is taught by extremely knowledgeable and experienced instructors. I was not a teacher before the course but now I am."
Accredited Online TESOL Certificate Program (120+ hours)
Courses include: - Approaches and Methods in ELT
- Assessment of English Language Students
- Classroom Issues and Management
- Content-based English Language Teaching
- Foundations of English Language Teaching (ELT)
- Grammar in ELT
- Reading and Writing
- Teaching Young Learners
- Teaching English for Specific Purposes
- Technology in English Language Teaching..
• EBC would like to invite Americans to consider Madrid and Spain as a quality TEFL course + work destination in Europe. Madrid is a TEFL hotspot year-round with a vibrant nightlife and cultural immersion experience, and EBC Madrid offers an accredited TEFL course with job placement program for our graduates! Contact us today for details of our next course dates.
• EBC Madrid is an accredited centre of Trinity College, and a leading provider of internationally-recognised TEFL courses and job placement opportunities for career-change seekers and global travelers.
• EBC offers a British Council-accepted Trinity CertTESOL certificate course in Madrid, the ability to earn up to 60 university credits, and the key resource of free worldwide, lifetime job placement for our TEFL graduates.
• The Trinity CertTESOL qualification is preferred by many renowned language schools worldwide, and over the last 16 years, EBC has been instrumental in helping more than 8000+ TEFL graduates finance their travels and realise their dreams of living and working outside of their home countries.
• If you are a citizen of the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa, EBC Madrid provides our comprehensive Road2Spain program which offers you a 1 year student visa to work, live and travel throughout Spain and Europe.
• EBC also runs accredited TEFL courses in Crete (Greece), Buenos Aires, (Argentina) and Boracay (Philippines).
Intensive 4-week accredited TEFL / TESOL teacher certificate course:
• Comprises 150 hours including 24 hours of teaching practice.
• Written to UK QCF level 5 standards.
With Study Package options:
• Bronze, Silver, Gold and Road2Spain (Road2Spain is an ideal option, for example, for citizens of the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa who want a seamless stay in Spain with accommodation and study visa included).
International Career Institute, Online TEFL Diploma Course
Courses / Programs
• International Career Institute (ICI) is a leading, accredited distance learning school for students in the U.S., UK, Australia & globally that offers an online TESOL (ICI Diploma) qualification course as well as courses in a wide range of other subjects and professions.
• Our online TEFL / TESOL English teacher training course will quickly provide you with the key skills you need to be a successful ESL teacher.
• ICI home study students come from the USA, Canada, Australia, UK, and elsewhere around the world. We have weekly intake dates, and you can enroll whenever you are ready.
• ICI online TESOL courses are recognised & accredited by the International Association of Private Career Colleges (IAPCC), and the International Accreditation and Recognition Council (IARC).
• ICI is a member of the College of Teachers which is the UK's professional educational institute for teachers.
Further Professional / Career Development Training Online:
• ICI Diploma & ICI Advanced Diploma qualifications in a wide range of careers:
Hospitality, business management, office admin, PR, marketing, sales, HR, IT / web design, journalism, counseling & psychology, natural health / nutrition, catering, fashion design, beauty therapy, makeup, pet care, & more.
• ICI offers home study courses in 34 foreign languages at various levels including: Mandarin Chinese, Spanish, English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Arabic, Thai, Japanese, Vietnamese & more.
• Located in the Dupont Circle area of central Washington DC, International Language Institute provides an accredited 8 week TESOL English teacher training Certificate course to English speaking students from around the world.
• Our 120-hour course is taught by experienced native speakers, and features 48 classroom hours alongside 72 hours of self-study, observation, and practice teaching.
• With a practical focus, our comprehensive teacher training class prepares and equips students to teach English as a Second Language in the United States or abroad.
• The course centers on practice in teaching the four basic language skills of reading, writing, speaking and listening, and the sub skills of vocabulary, pronunciation and grammar.