Sotheby's Institute Of Art: Singapore is a unique blend of the best of the modern world and rich cultures to deliver enriching experiences. It is a dynamic city where you will find a harmonious blend of culture, cuisine, arts and architecture. Singapore is an exciting cosmopolitan city embracing the cultures and finest of East and West.
As an international centre of art and culture, there are almost 200 visual arts companies in Singapore, which includes photographic societies, art galleries, art auctioneers and other visual arts related businesses. The visual arts scene has experienced tremendous growth and development since the colonial days. There were 537 visual arts exhibitions in 2003, compared with 150 a decade ago.
Today, besides the museums and art schools, the scene is enriched with numerous commercial galleries as well as non-profit art spaces like Sculpture Square and the Substation. Visual artists have also branched out from traditional 2- and 3-D artforms to embrace multi-disciplinary and new media works.
Singapore is a dynamic, cosmopolitan city bringing together both worlds of East and West, modern and ancient.
Singapore offers a wide variety of accommodation types to suit all budgets and preferences. The locals usually live in HDB flats or private flats like condominiums. Other accommodation types available are apartments, houses, serviced apartments, colonial black and white houses.
The library is the leading specialist arts library in the region. Its collection covers a comprehensive range of the arts and includes books specifically chosen for use on the MAs in Art Business and Contemporary Art. Reference sources include dictionaries, encyclopaedias, directories and exhibition catalogues of local and foreign artists. Students also have access to 72 periodical titles of which MIT Press and Oxford journals are available online. Audio visual collection includes music CDs, CD-ROMs, Videos and DVDs. Books in the library are arranged according to the Dewey Decimal Classification System. The National Library and its branch libraries use the same system.
School / Office Address:82 Telok Ayer Street
• London Art Portfolio provides successful Art and Design portfolio preparation courses and foundation courses in Central London in all areas of fine art and design to students from Singapore & around the world - at all levels. We help to prepare you for University applications, professional interviews, or your personal development!
• Prepare for entry to a Masters Degree, Bachelor Degree, Foundation Diploma or Pre-Degree level course in Art and Design.
• We ensure successful placements at all levels, including onto University of the Arts London, UCA & other renowned art colleges & universities in the UK, USA & around the world.
• London Art Portfolio is run by Julia Dennis, a practicing artist with many years of experience in preparing art and design portfolios for degree applications, organising exhibitions and preparing students for interviews.
• Julia has great success in placing British and international students onto the right course, at the right level, at any stage in your career.
• With class size limited to 12 students, we offer a very personal, tailored service throughout the year.
"Central Saint Martins has offered me a place on Foundation Pathway: Graphic Design. I'm so happy! Thank you so much for your guidance and all heart that you put in to help me out." - Aleksandra, Poland
"At the end of the course, I had an interview at the London College of Fashion and was accepted! It was a great victory & I owe a lot to London Art Portfolio! Thank you very much!" - Paola, Italy
CG Protege is a quality provider of WSQ accredited training programmes recognised by the Workforce Development Agency of Singapore. Training is administered by Tiny Island Productions and a team of industry veterans and trainers who have a successful track record in grooming and preparing artists to join the pool of production-ready talents. Our past graduates have found positions working on television and film projects for both local and international animation and visual effects studios, like Big Communications, Lights & Shadows, Lucasfilm Animation Singapore, Mikoishi Studios, Real U Singapore, Sparky Animation, ST Electronics (Digital Media), Double Negative Visual Effects, Weta Productions etc.
The training centre and its trainers are accredited by WDA and the centre is appointed as CET centre for Digital Media Industry. Upon graduation, every trainee will be awarded a WSQ Advanced Certificate in Animation. There are 5 areas of specialisation for the program - in Charater Animation, 3D Modelling & Texturing, 3D Modelling & Rigging, Lighting & Texturing, and Digital Visual Effects.
3dsense Media School in Singapore is easily recognised as one of the outstanding and pioneer digital 3D animation training institutes in Asia. What had started as an interactive digital web portal in 2000, the school has come a long way to evolve from its humble beginnings into the established, independent institution that it is now. Throughout this journey, our vision remains the same and that is to promote digital arts to Asia and around the world and to provide an intensive, professional training to nurture quality talents for the digital 3D entertainment industry.
Today, our institution has trained and armed many students with the skill sets and discipline to assimilate into the rigor of the digital industry seamlessly. It's no wonder that our students and alumni are being recruited around the world in noted studios such as Polygon Pictures (Japan0, Production I.G. (Japan), Double Negative (Singapore), Ubisoft (Singapore), LucasFilm (Singapore), Virtuos (China), Underground Logic (Philippines) and many more.
Founded and established in 2009 by industry veteran, Feng Zhu, whose extensive experience in both the Video Game and Feature Film design make him one of the most sought after Entertainment Designers in the world; FZD seeks to provide a world class education for conceptual design.
Through our programs, we have trained both students and professionals alike, and helped them excel into the entertainment design industry. We aim to mold our students into elite designers with a broad range of skills and graduate with top notch portfolios; covering a wide range of design topics such as video games, feature films, theme park designs, consumer products, toys, TV commercials, and set designs.
• Established in 1986, JE Educational College is an internationally-accredited English language school, career training and tuition centre in Singapore.
• JE Educational College has been registered with the Ministry of Education (Singapore) since 1987 to conduct Business, Accountancy, IT and Language courses.
• JE provides a wide range of summer and year-round English language courses for local and international students (adults and children). Our student-teacher ratio is 15:1, ensuring students get enough required individual attention.
• Our quality policy ensures that by integrity and continual improvement, JE is focused and committed in providing quality language and education courses for its students within the environmental, legal and regulatory framework.
• As a EduTrust Certified school, we can apply the Student Pass for international students who wish to study at our school from the Immigration and Checkpoint Authority of Singapore (ICA). All of our courses are registered with the Council for Private Education (CPE).