StudyCELTA: CELTA Courses Honolulu, Hawaii: Take the first step towards an exciting new career as an English language teacher! StudyCELTA provides Cambridge University ESOL teacher training courses in a wide range of locations throughout the world. We offer a CELTA course in Honolulu in Hawaii. Our CELTA courses in Hawaii are taken full-time (4 weeks / 120 hours) and are available all year round.
StudyCELTA is a young and dynamic team of professionals working in the field of English language teaching since 1999. Our experience ranges from working as language teachers to management roles in language schools around the world.
The teacher training center in Honolulu is a well established centre providing quality courses such as Cambridge University ESOL CELTA courses, run by very experienced tutors. We're here to help and give you advice based on our personal knowledge of Honolulu and of English language teaching as a career. Help with accommodations can be offered by the teacher training center for trainees from outside Hawaii.
Experienced CELTA Trainer:
Our 2013 resident trainer has over 25 years’ experience in the field of English Language Training as a CELTA (main course) Tutor and Assessor, and IELTS Trainer and Examiner, a Director of Studies, course designer, material writer and instructor. She has worked in a variety of settings such as private language institutes, universities, for non-governmental organizations, government ministries and businesses in different countries.
4-Week CELTA Course:
The CELTA course (Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults) is an introduction to the teaching of English as a foreign language and aims to lay a firm foundation on which a teacher can build as she/he gains experience.
It is ideal for those with no experience at all or for those who have experience but want to earn a formal qualification. Highly-regarded worldwide because of its high standards and rigorous assessments, the CELTA qualification is the most widely recognized TESL/TEFL certificate in the world. It is one of the few ESL teacher certificate programs that involves practice teaching.
Our CELTA program offered in Hawaii by StudyCELTA meets the TESL Canada and USA requirements. It is also an excellent choice for those who wish to teach in Europe or the Middle East, although this certification can be used worldwide.
If English isn't your first language this doesn't pose a problem as long as you can demonstrate that you "have an awareness of the language and a competence in both written and spoken English which will enable you to undertake the course and prepare for teaching a range of levels" (Cambridge guidelines).
During the CELTA course, graduates are guided toward the right job. The teacher trainers are qualified and experienced, and know just how broad the ESL and EFL industry is, so are able to provide one to one employment assistance any time after graduation.
The TEFL Academy of Arizona in downtown Scottsdale offers Arizona's only in-class 120 hour Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) certificate course.
This focused and intensive TEFL course is available either as a full-time course during the week (4 weeks) or part-time at weekends (12 weeks). We aim to provide our students with the confidence and know-how to plan a lesson and teach English in ESL classrooms around the world.
All of our instructors are TEFL certified and exceed the highest levels of international TESOL /TEFL /ESL training standards. We also provide a Certificate in Teaching International Business English course and a TEFL certificate course for non-native speakers of English.
Our school is located in Scottsdale's vibrant entertainment district close to art galleries, restaurants, cultural venues, hotels, and lots of outdoor activities under the sunny Arizona sky. Students can enjoy wonderful weather and tourist attractions such as the Grand Canyon.
- TEFL Certificate Weekday Course for native speakers of English (4 weeks)
- TEFL Certificate Weekend Course for native speakers of English (12 Saturdays)
- TEFL Certificate Course for non-native speakers of English
- Certificate in Teaching International Business English
- Evaluated practice teaching in a real ESL classroom
- Observation of experienced ESL teachers in the classroom
Astar Education Institute, Washington DC Metro Area
Courses / Programs
• Earn an internationally-accredited TESOL / TEFL English teacher certificate with Astar Education Institute (AEI) - a leader in the field of international education and ESL certification.
• Located in Manassas VA, in the Washington DC metro area, AEI provide an intensive, 140-hour TESOL certificate program for students who want to live and work abroad as an English teacher.
• Astar provides international employment opportunities to students who want to travel to China and teach English to non-native speakers in a Chinese school.
• Designed by a university Ph.D. to replicate graduate-level programs, our TESOL Certificate offers a variety of courses that are all designed to fully prepare teacher trainees to live and work abroad in teaching positions that command top salaries and benefits.
TESOL English Teacher Training Certificate Program:
- Duration: 140 hours: Core modules include: • Introduction to TESOL
• Methodology and Linguistic Theory in ESL Teaching
• Assessing English Language Proficiency
• Teaching Speaking and Listening English
• Teaching Reading and Writing English
• Teaching Grammar, Vocabulary and Lesson Planning
• ESL Classroom Management
• Teaching Practicum
The Boston Academy of English (BAE) offers a TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) Certificate to both native and non-native speakers of English from the US and around the world, through an experiential approach which is both academically rigorous and personally supportive. The program is available as a full-time (4 weeks) or a part-time (12 weeks) course.
Two trainers will teach your workshops and conduct your practice teaching observations. Our trainers have Master's degrees in Education or ESL, and extensive experience teaching English in diverse settings both in the US and abroad.
Our central downtown location enables you to enjoy Boston's old-world charm within steps from our school - the Boston Common and shopping district are just outside our door!
Our ACCET-accredited TEFL Certificate Program is designed to prepare participants for the exciting career of teaching English as a foreign or second language. Graduates go on to teach both in the United States and overseas. We offer Two Study Options - a four-week intensive program and a twelve-week Saturday program.
• Become a qualified English teacher with a full-time or part time TESOL / TEFL Certificate course in New York City!
• Situated in the heart of Lower Manhattan, New York English Academy is an accredited language school that provides a unique TESOL English teacher training course to local and international students.
• The New York English Academy TESOL program is inspired by the most renowned TESOL programs in the world, such as the Cambridge University CELTA and the Trinity College TESOL certificate.
• Our superb Lower Manhattan location provides a level of comfort not available at other schools. Everything is bright and clean and each of our classrooms has large windows facing north into the vast Manhattan skyline.
Working in partnership with Seattle Pacific University, The School of Teaching ESL (S-TESL) offers an accredited TESOL Certificate via online classes to students in the Houston TX area, throughout Texas, and nationwide.
Our online TESOL classes are asynchronous and consist of 9 modules completed over a 10 week quarter, and are designed for those who prefer the flexibility of online study.
This solid project-based program taught by highly-qualified professional teacher educators prepares you to teach in the U.S. or overseas.
Classes begin winter, spring, summer and fall quarters. Onsite study options are also available.
Student Testimonial: "This is a seasoned, well-thought out program that is taught by extremely knowledgeable and experienced instructors. I was not a teacher before the course but now I am."
Accredited Online TESOL Certificate Program (120+ hours)
Courses include: - Approaches and Methods in ELT
- Assessment of English Language Students
- Classroom Issues and Management
- Content-based English Language Teaching
- Foundations of English Language Teaching (ELT)
- Grammar in ELT
- Reading and Writing
- Teaching Young Learners
- Teaching English for Specific Purposes
- Technology in English Language Teaching..
Located in the center of Torrance, in the South Bay region of Los Angeles County, Teaching House - Los Angeles provides a comprehensive CELTA (Certificate in English Language Teaching for Adults) training course. The 4-week program is hosted at GEOS English Academy in the Village Del Amo shopping center, a conveniently located, well equipped center, less than fifteen minutes from away from Santa Monica, Hermosa, and Redondo Beaches.
In accordance with CELTA standards, all Teaching House courses are run by trainers approved by the University of Cambridge. All CELTA trainers are highly experienced ESL teachers themselves, and have worked in many different countries. They all hold a CELTA and either the DELTA (Diploma in English Language Teaching to Adults) and / or a Master’s degree in Education.
All graduates obtain a CELTA Certificate issued by the University of Cambridge. The combination of our high-quality courses and the accreditation provided by the University of Cambridge ensures that our teachers go on to obtain desirable teaching jobs whether they choose to teach English in the US or abroad.