Business & Hotel Management School (BHMS):
Business & Hotel Management School (BHMS) is an accredited hospitality management school, located in Luzern (less than a 1 hour drive from Zurich and approximately 2.5 hours drive from Geneva) in north-central Switzerland. We offer high-quality diploma courses, bachelor degree and MBA degree in Hospitality and Global Management as well as postgraduate diploma courses in Hospitality and Culinary Management to students from Switzerland and around the world.
BHMS is a member of the Bénédict Switzerland chain of schools which is a world-renowned learning organisation, with specialisation in hotel management being offered exclusively at BHMS in Luzern. Here, a selected group of approximately 200 students per year have the opportunity to prepare themselves for the hospitality opportunities available in the world's fastest growing market and career segment - the Service Sector.
BHMS is an eduQua-certfied private institute in Lucerne canton, in compliance with Swiss federal and state law. EduQua is the Swiss Association for Quality & Management Systems (SQS) which certifies Swiss colleges and education institutions in Switzerland.
BHMS has a partnership agreement with The Robert Gordon University, Aberdeen in the UK for granting the Bachelor of Arts Degree in Hotel & Hospitality Management in Switzerland and City University of Seattle, WA, USA for the MBA in Hospitality Management and Global Business. The Times Good University Guide 2010 named The Robert Gordon University as the best modern university in the UK.
The Diploma and Advanced Diploma in Culinary Management are accredited by the Accrediting Commission of the American Culinary Federation Foundation.
Switzerland is perfectly situated in the centre of Europe, bordered by France, Germany, Austria, Italy and Liechtenstein, and is an internationally-recognized destination for students seeking top quality education in Business & Hospitality Management. Switzerland is also one of the major international tourism nations. Three important European cultures - German, French and Italian - come together in Switzerland and many Swiss nationals speak two or more languages, with English as a fourth unofficial national language. Many international institutions have set their headquarters here.
Luzern (Lucerne) is a true international tourist destination, and is the most visited city in Switzerland. It is situated on the shores of Lake Lucerne, right in the centre of Switzerland and at the scenic heart of the central Swiss Alps. It is conveniently located less than a 1 hour drive from Zurich and approximately 2.5 hours drive from Geneva. Luzern is situated on the most important route between north and south, and connected with the Swiss train network in six directions. At BHMS, you have the benefit of a true urban location, close to all city attractions and surrounded by diverse examples of the hospitality industry. You will be in residence here, in a city, where you can live and study in a cosmopolitan environment while being housed in semi-private facilities.
Our main campus is located in the Lakefront Centre. which beside housing our state-of-the-art classrooms, computer and language labs, is also home of the Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts and the Radisson SAS Hotel. Our residence building in Baselstrasse houses the Culinary Department, computer room, BHMS Restaurant and 50 studios.
- 1-year Diploma in Hospitality Management: Includes 6 months school with 6 months paid industry training (internship). Accredited by EduQua, the Swiss federally-recognised quality standard for institutions of continuing education.
- 2-year Higher Diploma in Hospitality Management: Includes 6 months school with 6 months paid industry training (internship). Accredited by EduQua.
- 3-year Bachelor of Arts Degree in Hotel and Hospitality Management: Includes academics and paid supervisory training. The BA degree is issued by the Robert Gordon University, Aberdeen, UK, which has an international reputation for providing high quality education to more than 13,000 students from Undergraduate to PhD level.
Culinary Management Programs:
- Diploma in Culinary Management (6-12 months - includes a paid internship)
- Advanced Diploma in Culinary Management (6-12 months - includes a paid internship)
- Associate Degree in Culinary Entrepreneurship (12 months - includes a paid internship)
- 1-year Post Graduate Diploma in Hospitality Management: This one year program is designed to give graduate students as well as professionals with different backgrounds an opportunity to re-engineer their career into the hospitality and tourism sector.
- Master in Business Administration (MBA) Degree Program (24-months): MBA in Global Management and Hospitality Management, jointly managed by BHMS and City University of Seattle, USA and held at BHMS in Switzerland. The MBA courses are provided by the faculty of City University, and the degree is issued by the City University of Seattle, one of the Northwest's largest, private universities with over 40,000 graduates worldwide, and accredited by NWCCU.
The program comprises two study blocks of 6 months followed by two paid internship periods of 6 months in Switzerland. During internship periods, students are required to complete their MBA thesis as well as additional MBA capstone courses and workshops.
Additional Part-time Studies Options for EU & Swiss students:
All the above programs are also available to European Union and Swiss students in part-time course mode.
Academic programs at BHMS are offered 8 times in each calendar year, and degree programs twice. This allows students to start studies in a most flexible way. A calendar year is divided into 8 terms. One academic semester consists of four 5 week periods with one week break between terms. For each year of your BHMS program, you will be expected to complete 4 academic terms, followed by 4-6 months of Industry Training in a Swiss Hospitality organization.
Internships in Switzerland and Abroad:
BHMS gives students the necessary tools to create a career. Paid Swiss industry training is the venue with which a student can hone his/her skills before setting out into the highly competitive labor market. Students complete their industry training in a hospitality venue as associated with their program.
Industry training salaries in Switzerland are negotiated between the employer and the Federal Employee Union and are presently set at minimum CHF 2115 per month gross. From this salary, students may have to pay for their room and board, and taxes. The average net income per month is CHF 1200/1400.
"No doubt BHMS and teachers like you helped me lot and given me the opportunity to groom myself to European hospitality standards. I am not buttering but there was only one teacher that really challenged me academically- and that was you.
I am really very happy to read that things have developed further at BHMS, this is only due to consistent hard work of people like you. Now I also wish to complete my MBA from BHMS."
- Wakar Qureshi, Manager Executive Office Coordination, Hashoo Group of Companies
"Many of my teachers at BHMS brought actual business experience to the classroom, creating a very exciting learning environment. The size of the program facilitates teachers working together, integrating learning from various courses to address complex real world business problems. The greatest asset of the program has been small class sizes, supportive faculty. It has lead to a job offer as a Front Office management trainee in a four star hotel."
- Manoj Kumar, Eliot Suite Hotel, Boston
Email: Contact Us
- Courses / Programs
|Address: Gütschstrasse 2-6, Lucerne, Switzerland|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2019 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.