High School Art Activity Books for Students
1. Survival Kit for the Secondary School Art Teacher by Helen D. Hume, Paperback: 256 pages, Publisher: Center for Applied Research in Education
This book is filled with many lessons covering a broad area of art. It includes drawing, painting, printmaking, sculpture, and many more fabulous projects to get you and your students on a great start to make great art.
2. The Art Teacher's Book of Lists by Helen D. Hume, Paperback: 432 pages, Jossey-Bass
This unique information source and time-saver for art teachers includes over 270 illustrated lists for developing instructional materials and planning lessons for elementary, middle and high school students. Some of the lists supply teacher background; others are to copy for student use; many give new twists to traditional materials and techniques. The book offers over 270 illustrated lists to help you quickly find information about specific artists, art materials, art history, museums or disciplines. For easy use, the lists are organized into ten sections, given here with a sample from each: All About Art ("Elements of Art") ... Art History ("Timelines of Art History") ... For the Art Teacher ("The National Visual Arts Standards") ... Art Materials ("Things to Do with Collage") ... Painting, Drawing & Printmaking ("All About Color Pigment") ... Sculpture ("Master Sculptors & Their Work")... Architecture ("Great Architects of the World")... Fine Arts & Folk Art ("African American Crafts") ... Technology & Art ("The Evolution of Photography") ... Museums ("Museums Devoted to the Work of One Artist").
3. Multicultural Studio Art Projects for Secondary Students: Ready-To-Use Lesson Plans, Color Prints and Worksheets for Exploring Eight World Cultures by Susan Hogan, Spiral-bound: 284 pages, Publisher: Prentice Hall Ready-to-Use Lesson Plans, Color Prints and Worksheets for Exploring Eight World Cultures ~ Five detailed projects for each of eight world cultures (to your left) ; Large, full-color museum illustrations for each project ; Clear, step-by-step project directions ; Photographs of completed student studio projects ; Historical and cultural background for each culture ; Dozens of reproducible worksheets to save you time and work ; And more.
4. The Writing Teacher's Book of Lists with Ready-to-Use Activities and Worksheets , 2nd Edition by Gary Robert Muschla, Paperback: 368 pages, Publisher: Jossey-Bass
This is the second edition of the unique information source and timesaver for English and language arts teachers. The Writing Teacher's Book of Lists with Ready-to-Use Activities and Worksheets includes 90 useful lists for developing instructional materials and planning lessons for elementary and secondary students. In addition, the book includes innovative activities and reproducible black line masters that help students to improve their writing skills, word usage, and vocabulary. For quick access and easy use, all of these lists and activities are organized into seven sections and individually printed in a format that can be photocopied as many times as required for individual or group instruction. This handy resource is filled with helpful lists, activities, teaching suggestions, and reproducible worksheets.
5. American Art Appreciation Activities Kit: Ready-To-Use Lessons, Slides, and Projects for Grades 7-12 by Helen D. Hume, Spiral-bound: 328 pages, Publisher: Prentice Hall
Great resource and source of ideas for all American art teachers & students.