Preschool Reading Books
1. The Between the Lions (R) Book for Parents : Everything You Need to Know to Help Your Child Learn to Read by Linda K. Rath, Louise Kennedy, Hardcover: 256 pages
With this wonderful new book, based on the award-winning public television series Between the Lions®, parents of children ages four to eight will find all the information they need to help their children navigate this exhilarating, but sometimes mysterious journey. Whether your child isn't getting a comprehensive program of instruction at school or you just want to stimulate an interest in books at home, The Between the Lions Book for Parents is an excellent addition to every parent's home library.
2. Teaching With Favorite Patricia Polacco Books: Creative, Skill-Building Activities for Exploring the Themes in These Popular Books by Immacula A. Rhodes, Paperback: 96 pages, Publisher: Teaching Resources
The stories of Patricia Polacco inspire young readers to appreciate family heritage, examine personal attitudes, and find reason to hope, dream, and reach for the stars. Introduce children to the work of this popular author-illustrator with activities likeThunder Cake Math and the Babushka Attribute Game! Includes Before and After Reading discussion ideas plus hands-on activities and reproducibles that build skills in reading, writing, math, art, and more.
3. Teaching Tunes Audio CD and Mini-Books Set: Nursery Rhymes: 12 Delightful Nursery Rhyme Songs With Sing-Along Mini-Books That Build Early Literacy Skills by Jean Feldman, Paperback: 48 pages, Publisher: Teaching Resources
12 Delightful Nursery Rhyme Songs with sing-along Mini-Books that Build Early Literacy Skills. Get kids ready for reading! Kids will love building early reading skills with 12 irresistible nursery rhyme songs on CD! Includes reproducible mini-books with song lyrics and illustrations that support the text. Once children learn the songs, they can read along in their own mini-books. You'll also find lots of creative activities to extend learning. A delightful way to enhance children's phonological awareness and introduce concepts of print!
4. My House: A Book in Two Languages/Mi Casa: Un Libro en dos Lenguas by Rebecca Emberley, Paperback: 32 pages, Publisher: Little, Brown
"My House" is told in English, with Spanish text written underneath. Each page has household items listed in English and Spanish, an easy way for kids to learn basic words that are easy to retain. Each page also has a basic sentence (e.g.: "This is my house"/"Esta es mi casa"). Great for adults, too!
5. Care Bears Storybook Treasury (Care Bears), Hardcover: 192 pages, by Scholastic
Care Bears Treasury features 8 stories, including Caring Contest; What Makes You Happy; Lucky Day; Busy, Busy, Sunny Day; The Day Nobody Shared; Special Delivery; Find That Rainbow; Who's Who.