Art schools in Florence / study abroad programs in Italy: Colleges of design, fashion design, media arts career training, fine art schools, performing arts, drama, painting classes, culinary arts programs, certification, diploma courses, semester abroad programs..
• Alchimia is a private professional contemporary jewellery school in the historic city of Florence in Tuscany, Northern Italy.
• We provide academic jewellery design courses at Bachelor's (BFA) degree, Masters (MFA) degree, and 1-year academic courses, as well as short-term, intensive programs including weekend courses, 2 week to 6 month courses, and summer study options.
• Our short courses are available year-round, and have open dates, with individual study programs (max. 5 students) to offer the opportunity to experience contemporary jewellery to both beginners and advanced students.
• Our Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) and Master of Fine Arts (MFA) degree courses are accredited by the European Accreditation Board of Higher Education Schools (E.A.B.H.E.S.), an organisation that allows all of our students to obtain a European Bachelor’s degree.
• Alchimia’s objective is to teach students to express their creativity through contemporary jewelry, developing high-quality technical and theoretical skills.
• The students of Alchimia are mentored and tutored by a team of experts in jewellery, design, and the visual arts.
• Our mission is to provide students with a supportive and practical work environment. Interaction with our instructors and technicians gives students the conceptual and technical knowledge about contemporary jewellery necessary to prepare them as professional makers, artists and designers.
• Established in 1983, Accademia Riaci has been dedicated to providing students with exceptional cultural and educational experience abroad. The school is located in the historic city center of Florence, Italy, a few steps from the “Duomo” (Florence Cathedral).
• Our arts, crafts and design courses include professional Master programs, One-Year and Semester programs, Summer Intensive programs, and Short programs.
• ubjects offered include Shoe Making & Design, Leather Bag Making & Design, Jewelry Making & Design, Painting & Drawing, Restoration of Paintings, Interior Design, Graphic Design, Textile Design, Fashion Design & Business, Ceramics, Glass Art among others.
• All courses are taught with free English interpretation service.
• We welcome students from around the world. The diverse background of our students creates a rich multicultural community that promotes the exchange of ideas & viewpoints.
• The student-teacher ratio is kept small (max. 8 students) to value each student's originality and learning styles.
• We provide tailored, hands-on instruction & extensive career development along with training for effective presentation skills, and our graduates achieve professional goals in each field.
Student Review: "The teachers are excellent, very knowledgeable, and very devoted. I had a great stay and learned a lot. My skills definitely grew and I will apply them in the future." - Svenne
• Located in the heart of the historic city center, The Florence Art Studio provides short & intensive art programs taught in English to international students and professionals from around the world. We offer customized courses that teach the fundamentals of drawing and painting from life.
• Choose to study for 1, 2, 3, or 4 weeks or longer.
• Our main intensive program can be divided into six discrete and sequentially progressive modules, each of which can be studied from one week to one month or longer. Alternatively, each module can be taken as a stand-alone course.
• Short workshops throughout the year: Watercolor, Fresco, Still life, Oil Painting, fine arts exam preparation, painting & drawing workshops for those on holiday / vacation in Florence & more.
• The majority of our students are adult professionals of all backgrounds and levels, from complete beginner to advanced, who are passionate about Florence, the Renaissance, Painting & Drawing.
• Your drawing or painting program is intensively taught in a structured, encouraging environment, with a great deal of personal attention given to each student, through intensive individual training and one on one lessons.
• Our studio is situated on Via Ghibellina, only a few steps from the main historic and artistic places of interest in the center of the city.
•"It was wonderful. Not only is the studio a magnificent space to work in, but also Gary is a brilliant instructor. I loved every moment of it." - Penny, UK
Scuola Toscana is an accredited Italian language school providing a wide range of arts courses with Italian language.
Recognised by the Italian Ministry of Education, we are located in the historical centre of Florence, in the Tuscany region of Italy (approximately 3 hours north of Rome).
Our arts classes consist of small groups, but we also cater for individuals offering private tuition courses. Our Italian arts courses with Italian open the doors for our students from all over the world, in order to get to know each other and their different cultures.
Florence, city of Renaissance, is the ideal place to study arts and culture, and to learn the Italian language. It offers a wonderful richness of art and architecture for our students to discover.
At our school, we organise extra-curricular activities in Italian language: visits of history of art, seminars, video evenings, excursions and more.
Arts courses combined with Italian language learning include:
- Italian and Art (Renaissance art, fresco painting, drawing techniques, painting on glass, decorating wood, and more..)
- Italian Art History (art and architecture)
- Italian Fashion and Design
- Italian and Photography course
- Italian Culture classes
- Italian Music and Opera course
- Italian Wine and Cooking classes
- Italian Language + Jewellery course
• Study Italian cuisine in the heart of Florence with Florence Culinary Arts School. We provide a wide range of Professional Chef courses year round and in summer, with long-term and short-term study options to students from around the world.
• In addition to our complete culinary training programs, we also provide short specialized courses and custom Italian Home Cooking programs.
• You will cover a range of recipes - from traditional to modern dishes. In addition, you will be exposed to the latest international culinary trends, as well as acquiring up to date information on culinary business practice.
• Our graduates are now playing active roles in diverse fields in the Italian culinary business worldwide. Our students gain hands-on culinary experience in Italy.
• What better place to learn about food than Florence - the capital of Fine Arts. The city is well known worldwide for its artistic heritage, but is also prominent in the field of gastronomy.
• Florence is blessed with a wide variety of ingredients, as Tuscany is known as the heart of Italian culinary tradition.
• Students in all of our courses are encouraged to learn from various experiences, not only to study in the school, but to go out and discover the wonders of Italian food.
Italian Cuisine Professional Chef Courses: • Chef Training + Restaurant Internship
• Italian Cuisine Chef Training Course (8 weeks)
• Italian Cuisine Quick Learning Course (6 weeks)
Further Food & Beverage Courses: • Italian Home Cooking classes
• 1-Day Short Cooking courses
• Restaurant Internship course
• Italian Language + Restaurant Internship
• Barista course
• Gelato course
• Sommelier course
• Italian Cooking Summer course
• Italian Cooking Christmas course
• Group training for Foreign Culinary Schools
6.Scuola di Gioielleria Perseo - Professional Jewellery School Perseo
Courses / Programs
Scuola di Gioielleria Perseo - Professional Jewellery School Perseo is a jewellery school in Florence - a city that has always been identified with art - in the Tuscany region of Central Italy. Founded in 1998, we offer training courses on themes and subjects relating to jewellery and goldmithery. In addition, we offer specialisation and refresher courses in areas including stone-setting, wax-casting, engraving, gemology and more.
Our teaching methods, tested and refined since 1998, allow excellent results to be achieved in relatively short periods. All the courses are designed to guarantee everyone adequate training for their needs, with many hours of lessons, all conducted by well-qualified teachers (craftsmen, artists, designers and professionals). Respecting the most classical Jewelry, the owners of Perseo wish to teach our students how to acquire, step by step, the techniques to conceive, design, produce, set stones, and engrave pieces worthy of the best form of Art in the Goldsmithery Sector.
The Florence Design Academy is located in the center of Florence in Italy. The F.D.A. is one of the best and futuristic design schools in Europe for its international award winner teachers and designers with amazing talent. Our school offers academic and master degree courses in Interior Design, Graphic Design and Industrial Design, with the use of high quality equipment and the use of powerful and modern tools. The fusion of our technology and methods are the base of a professional career.
• Would you like to take the first step towards a new career in the exciting fashion industry, or take an advanced fashion design or fashion business course to improve your job opportunities in this competitive field?
• Conveniently located in the heart of Florence, Accademia Riaci is an international art and design school that provides fashion design and fashion business & marketing courses to Italian students and international students from around the world.
• Taught in Italian with English & Spanish interpretation, our quality courses include professional one-year master courses, one-year / semester programs, internship programs, summer courses, and short courses (including intensive options & private lessons available for students with limited time).
• Taught by experienced and dedicated faculty who are leaders in their respective fields, courses offered at Accademia Riaci also include Bag Making, Bag Design, Shoe Making, Shoe Design, Painting & Drawing, Graphic Design, Product Design, and Interior Design among many others.
Accademia RiaciStudent Testimonial: "The teachers are excellent, very knowledgeable, and very devoted. I had a great stay and learned a lot. My skills definitely grew and I will apply them in the future. I spent my free time in culture events in and around Florence."
- Svenne, Netherlands
Vinarium based in Florence, Italy, is a tour operator specializing in wine and food programs in English for tourists. Vinarium offers wine tours in Tuscany, guided wine tasting in the best Florentine enotecas (local wine shops), cooking lessons and classes in historical buildings, and guided visits to the best Tuscan wine makers.
Lorenzo de' Medici School (LdM), located in Florence, Italy, is an Art School offering vocationally oriented courses in Fashion, Design, Archaeology, Studio Arts, Performing Arts and allied subjects. Students can choose from over than 500 different courses in Arts, Humanities, Social Sciences, International Business, Economics, Political Science, Studio and Performing Arts and Italian Language and Culture. All the courses are taught in English, except for the Italian Language courses.
LdM is authorized by the Ministry of Public Education in Italy and has recognition, accreditation and membership in a number of European and international educational organizations. The customizable programs offered at LdM, and Certificate Programs, are recognized by various colleges, universities and institutes within the United States. In its teaching programs, LdM collaborates with the University of Florence.
- B.A. in Fine Arts: Studio Art
- B.A. in Fine Arts: Art History
- B.P.S. in Fashion Design
- B.S. in Digital Media
- B.P.S. in Interior Design
- B.S. in Conservation Studies
- B.S. in Studio Art
- Study Certificate Programs (one year)
- Professional Certificate Programs (one year)
- Summer Monthly Courses
- Summer Workshops
- January Intersession
- Customizable Semester Programs
- Italian Language and Culture Courses
To opt-out of any of the three cookie categories below for your current browser, untick its Checkbox below (if ticked), and Save/Update your setting.
Opting out of banner ads being displayed: To support our work & the existence of this website, we display Non-personalized ads from Google in the EU/EEA, and are targeted using contextual information from the opened web page only (Non-personalized ads are not based on a User's past behavior or demographic). While the non-personalized ads are compliant with GDPR requirements, we still enable you to "Opt out" at any time of the non-personalized banner ads display (static images, text -based, rich media ads, mobile full -screen ads that appear between page loads) during your use of this site.Uncheck the Advertising cookies Tickbox, and then click the Update Settings button (for your current browser) in the Green area below.
These necessary cookies allow delivery of the content (and ensure that the content is displayed correctly on pages on your type of device or browser). These browser cookies also make necessary security checks for site stability to help ensure it is normal human browsing behavior and to protect this site from unwanted robot activity.
Functionality cookies allow our website to remember your site preferences & choices including, for example - Username, region and interface language. These site cookies help to ensure registration & login functionality as they enable the tracking of each logged-in User to help boost your User Experience on each page & form.