Art schools in Florence / study abroad programs in Italy: Colleges of design, fashion design, media arts career training, fine art schools, performing arts, drama, painting classes, culinary arts programs, certification, diploma courses, semester abroad programs..
• Alchimia is a private professional contemporary jewellery school in the historic city of Florence in Northern Italy.
• We provide academic jewellery design courses at Bachelor's (BFA) degree, Masters (MFA) degree, and 1-year academic courses, as well as short-term, intensive programs including evening classes, weekend courses, 2 week to 3 month courses, and summer study options.
• Our short courses are available year-round, and have open dates, with individual study programs (max. 5 students) to offer the opportunity to experience contemporary jewellery to both beginners and advanced students.
• Our Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) and Master of Fine Arts (MFA) degree courses are accredited by the European Accreditation Board of Higher Education Schools (E.A.B.H.E.S.), an organisation that allows all of our students to obtain a European Bachelor’s degree.
• Alchimia’s objective is to teach students to express their creativity through contemporary jewelry, developing high-quality technical and theoretical skills.
• The students of Alchimia are mentored and tutored by a team of experts in jewellery, design, and the visual arts.
• Our mission is to provide students with a supportive and practical work environment. Interaction with our instructors and technicians gives students the conceptual and technical knowledge about contemporary jewellery necessary to prepare them as professional makers, artists and designers.
• Founded in 1983, Accademia Riaci is an Academy of Art and Design in Florence, Italy.
• Our art and design courses include professional 1-year master courses, 2-year basic courses, 1-year / semester programs, internship programs, summer courses, and short courses (intensive option & private lessons available for students with limited time).
• Subjects offered include jewelry design, interior design, drawing & painting, graphic design, ceramics, glass art, culinary arts & product design among others.
• Our 2-year basic courses are taught in Italian only. All other courses are offered in Italian or English.
• We welcome students from around the world. The diverse background of our students creates a rich multicultural community that promotes the exchange of ideas & viewpoints.
• The student-teacher ratio is kept small (max. 8 students) to value each student's originality and learning styles.
• We provide tailored, hands-on instruction & extensive career development along with training for effective presentation skills, and our graduates achieve professional goals in each field.
• After the successful completion of a 1 or 2 year academic course, students will obtain a diploma. We also offer internship opportunities in various fields so students can enhance their professional experience.
Student Review: "The teachers are excellent, very knowledgeable, and very devoted. I had a great stay and learned a lot. My skills definitely grew and I will apply them in the future." - Svenne
Art & Design Courses in Florence:
• 2-year Basic Courses (taught in Italian)
• 1-year / Semester Courses
• 1-year Master Courses
• Short Art Courses
• Summer Art & Design Courses
• Apprenticeship Programs
• Internship Programs..
• Jewelry Design & Making
• Interior Design
• Product Design
• Graphic Design
• Painting & Drawing
• Glass Art
• Fashion Design
• Leather Art (Shoe / Bag Making & Design)
• Professional Interpretation
• Restoration of Paintings
• Preparation Course for Accademia di Belle Arti
• Italian Language Course...
• Located in the heart of the historic city center, The Florence Art Studio provides intensive art programs taught in English to international students and professionals from around the world. We offer short, customized courses that teach the fundamentals of drawing and painting from life.
• Choose to study for 1, 2, 3, or 4 weeks or longer.
• Our programs can be divided into six discrete and sequentially progressive modules, each of which can be studied from one week to one month or longer. Alternatively, each module can be taken as a stand-alone course.
• The majority of our students are adult professionals of all backgrounds and levels, from complete beginner to advanced, who are passionate about Florence, the Renaissance, Painting & Drawing.
• Students work within a structured environment, under the guidance of an instructor who personally monitors their progress and development for three hours a day, and the remaining time is structured with other activity.
• Your drawing or painting program is intensively taught in an encouraging environment, with a great deal of personal attention given to each student, through intensive individual training and one on one lessons.
• Our studio is situated on Via Ghibellina, only a few steps from the main historic and artistic places of interest in the center of the city.
•"It was wonderful. Not only is the studio a magnificent space to work in, but also Gary is a brilliant instructor. I loved every moment of it." - Penny, UK
• Study Italian cuisine in the heart of Florence with Florence Culinary Arts School. We provide a wide range of Professional Chef courses year round and in summer, with long-term and short-term study options to students from around the world.
• In addition to our complete culinary training programs, we also provide short specialized courses and custom Italian Home Cooking programs.
• You will cover a range of recipes - from traditional to modern dishes. In addition, you will be exposed to the latest international culinary trends, as well as acquiring up to date information on culinary business practice.
• Our graduates are now playing active roles in diverse fields in the Italian culinary business worldwide. Our students gain hands-on culinary experience in Italy.
• What better place to learn about food than Florence - the capital of Fine Arts. The city is well known worldwide for its artistic heritage, but is also prominent in the field of gastronomy.
• Florence is blessed with a wide variety of ingredients, as Tuscany is known as the heart of Italian culinary tradition.
• Students in all of our courses are encouraged to learn from various experiences, not only to study in the school, but to go out and discover the wonders of Italian food.
Italian Cuisine Professional Chef Courses: • Chef Training + Restaurant Internship
• Italian Cuisine Chef Training Course (8 weeks)
• Italian Cuisine Quick Learning Course (6 weeks)
Further Food & Beverage Courses: • Italian Home Cooking classes
• 1-Day Short Cooking courses
• Restaurant Internship course
• Italian Language + Restaurant Internship
• Barista course
• Gelato course
• Sommelier course
• Italian Cooking Summer course
• Italian Cooking Christmas course
• Group training for Foreign Culinary Schools
Koinè, named after a Greek word meaning “common language”, is a special kind of school set up in 1980 as an association of teachers, all with personal and professional experience in the area of teaching Italian as a foreign language. These teachers decided to create a new type of organization which would differ from other private schools in its style of working and teaching methods. Today Koinè has developed teaching materials, books, and audiovisual tools, whilst also organizing seminars and teacher orientation courses. All of our teachers are specifically trained in these didactic methods. The lessons are not limited purely to language teaching, but completed by a series of introductory courses and guided visits to show our country’s landmarks. Koinè has expanded over time from its main school in Florence, with schools in Lucca, Cortona, Rio Marina on the Island of Elba and Bologna, the capital city of the Emilia-Romagna region in northern Italy.
Accreditation: Our school gained official recognition from the Italian Ministry of Education in March 2002 and belongs to ASILS association of Italian schools for foreigners.
• Would you like to take the first step towards a new career in the exciting fashion industry, or take an advanced fashion design or fashion business course to improve your job opportunities in this competitive field?
• Conveniently located in the heart of Florence, Accademia Riaci is an international art and design school that provides fashion design and fashion business & marketing courses to Italian students and international students from around the world.
• Taught in Italian with English & Spanish interpretation, our quality courses include professional one-year master courses, one-year / semester programs, internship programs, summer courses, and short courses (including intensive options & private lessons available for students with limited time).
• Taught by experienced and dedicated faculty who are leaders in their respective fields, courses offered at Accademia Riaci also include Bag Making, Bag Design, Shoe Making, Shoe Design, Painting & Drawing, Graphic Design, Product Design, and Interior Design among many others.
Accademia RiaciStudent Testimonial: "The teachers are excellent, very knowledgeable, and very devoted. I had a great stay and learned a lot. My skills definitely grew and I will apply them in the future. I spent my free time in culture events in and around Florence."
- Svenne, Netherlands
Ken Scott Design, located within walking distance of the Historic Centre of Florence, Tuscany, Italy, is a Jewelry Design school offering various programs including: certificate programs, intensive courses, history of Jewelry in Florence and short summer programs for tourists. Classes are given in a fully equipped professional studio by a professionally trained Jeweler with 35 years experience. All classes are taught in the English Language.
- Introduction to Jewelry making for the beginner
- Summer Programs for Tourists
- Certificate Programs
- Intensive Jewelry Design Courses
- History of Jewelry in Florence
- Advanced Bench Techniques
- Bespoke Courses
8.Waldemar H. de Boer, PhD. Art History Expert in Florence
Courses / Programs
There is an ideal solution for people who would like to visit Florence and learn about its art treasures, but only have a couple of days time. The expert Waldemar H. de Boer offers short art history courses (3 days) in the beautiful Palazzo Guadagni at Piazza Santo Spirito.
These courses are perfect for those who prefer lessons in small groups and are looking for a teacher with a PhD level. Of course, we will not only talk about art, but also go and see some beautiful masterpieces. Site visits to a.o. the Uffizi, the Palazzo Pitti and the Medici chapels are included. No prior knowledge of art history is necessary to participate.
The Florence Institute's courses teach the foundation of Italian design by combining modern technologies with Italy’s imaginative culture. By combining tradition, theory and technology the design school program gives a detailed understanding of the Italian creative process. The latest software is instructed and applied to challenging assignments that encourage creative thinking. Lessons in the Italian language are part of each student’s education.
The Florence Art Studio offers custom-made, intensive art courses in drawing and painting for students of all levels and backgrounds in the heart of Florence city center.
Taught entirely in English, our intensive Art Program is divided into 6 separate modules covering drawing & painting skills, with each module serving as the foundation for the next. Alternatively, you can choose to take any module as a stand-alone course, from one week to a month or longer.
We help students achieve their goals in the most time-effective way possible through intensive individual training and one on one instruction.
Our students learn how to learn, be patient, disciplined, and objectively self-critical to transform every small obstacle or challenge into a rewarding lesson.
We seek students wishing to learn for self-improvement only. We do not offer academic credit, but we are affiliated with the British Institute of Florence, an accredited institution by the Tuscan government.
Student Testimonial: "I enjoyed learning how each artist accomplished their work while learning the history as well. I highly recommend this type of art education to anyone interested in becoming an artist or if you already are and want to hone your skills.” - Kelly Schlegel, Art Student, New Mexico, USA