TESOL Training International is one of the leading teacher training schools in Southern California, and was established with the goal of training English teachers to be effective in teaching English to learners from around the world. We offer an International TESOL Program which is I-20 approved at our San Diego - Hillcrest location, and a native English speaker course in San Diego, Orange County, San Luis Opisbo, CA, & Washington D.C.
We also offer a distance education TESOL course (either online or by correspondence) where you can study in the convenience of your own home, at your own pace.
Our graduates work around the world, some for years, teaching English and living a life that they barely imagined before. We started TESOL Training International in part from necessity – there are close to 1 billion English language students around the world (200 million in China alone). We match teachers from all walks of life to their dream jobs teaching English abroad, and we can match you with yours.
• Become a qualified English teacher with a full-time or part time TESOL / TEFL Certificate course in New York City!
• Situated in the heart of Lower Manhattan, New York English Academy is an accredited language school that provides a unique TESOL English teacher training course to local and international students.
• The New York English Academy TESOL program is inspired by the most renowned TESOL programs in the world, such as the Cambridge University CELTA and the Trinity College TESOL certificate.
• Our superb Lower Manhattan location provides a level of comfort not available at other schools. Everything is bright and clean and each of our classrooms has large windows facing north into the vast Manhattan skyline.
13.International Career Institute, Online TEFL Diploma Course
Courses / Programs
• International Career Institute (ICI) is a leading, accredited distance learning school for students in the U.S., UK, Australia & globally that offers an online TESOL (ICI Diploma) qualification course as well as courses in a wide range of other subjects and professions.
• Our online TEFL / TESOL English teacher training course will quickly provide you with the key skills you need to be a successful ESL teacher.
• ICI home study students come from the USA, Canada, Australia, UK, and elsewhere around the world. We have weekly intake dates, and you can enroll whenever you are ready.
• ICI online TESOL courses are recognised & accredited by the International Association of Private Career Colleges (IAPCC), and the International Accreditation and Recognition Council (IARC).
• ICI is a member of the College of Teachers which is the UK's professional educational institute for teachers.
Further Professional / Career Development Training Online:
• ICI Diploma & ICI Advanced Diploma qualifications in a wide range of careers:
Hospitality, business management, office admin, PR, marketing, sales, HR, IT / web design, journalism, counseling & psychology, natural health / nutrition, catering, fashion design, beauty therapy, makeup, pet care, & more.
• ICI offers home study courses in 34 foreign languages at various levels including: Mandarin Chinese, Spanish, English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Arabic, Thai, Japanese, Vietnamese & more.
Located in the center of Torrance, in the South Bay region of Los Angeles County, Teaching House - Los Angeles provides a comprehensive CELTA (Certificate in English Language Teaching for Adults) training course. The 4-week program is hosted at GEOS English Academy in the Village Del Amo shopping center, a conveniently located, well equipped center, less than fifteen minutes from away from Santa Monica, Hermosa, and Redondo Beaches.
In accordance with CELTA standards, all Teaching House courses are run by trainers approved by the University of Cambridge. All CELTA trainers are highly experienced ESL teachers themselves, and have worked in many different countries. They all hold a CELTA and either the DELTA (Diploma in English Language Teaching to Adults) and / or a Master’s degree in Education.
All graduates obtain a CELTA Certificate issued by the University of Cambridge. The combination of our high-quality courses and the accreditation provided by the University of Cambridge ensures that our teachers go on to obtain desirable teaching jobs whether they choose to teach English in the US or abroad.
Located in Scottsdale, in Maricopa County (close to Phoenix, AZ) The Arizona Language Center is an English language school that offers a TEFL / TESOL Training Certificate course of 120 hours duration. Our mission is to create a supportive language learning environment for adult students that will enable them to acquire valuable communication skills.
Classes are led by experienced TEFL / TESL / TESOL instructors who possess a University Degree and a specialization in Teaching English as a Second / Foreign Language to Adults. Class size is limited to 6 students. The curriculum is designed for individuals seeking a career change or those just beginning to explore employment options.
At the successful completion of the TEFL / TESOL Certificate training at the Arizona Language Center’s 120-hour course, graduates will receive a TEFL / TESOL Certificate, recognized around the world to include all components of TESOL, TESL and TEFL teacher training. We also provide Cert IBET Training (International Business English Training Certificate).
16.LIA-TESOL Academy & English Language Acquisition Center
Courses / Programs
The LAT-TESOL Course for International TEFL Certification (LTC) is the current standard in respect to the Communicative Approach Teaching (CAT).
TESOL-EDU Services is the sole provider of the LTC, which has been operative since September 2000.
The program consists of 120 lessons and it can be completed comfortably in 4-12 weeks, depending on the scheduling availability of the participant. A specially designed practicum is available for experienced teachers.
TESOL-EDU provides definitive and simultaneous learning and teaching experiences in a unique dynamic that guarantees productivity.
Our TESOL course has been utilized to certify ESL/EFL teachers since 2000, and has been vetted by both ACCET and CEA (US accrediting agencies).
Oxford Seminars is the leading provider of TESOL/TESL/TEFL certification courses in Newark, NJ. Based on campus at Rutgers University, we offer a combined online / on-site 100-hour English teacher training Certificate to students from around the world. Our TESOL Certification course features 60 hours / 6 days of in-class instruction, teaching practice, and 40 hours of online learning.
Our highly skilled instructors and our Graduate Placement Department have a wealth of knowledge and experience to assist you in the process of preparing to teach overseas. Our qualified and friendly Graduate Placement Department has compiled a comprehensive list of how to go about finding a teaching job abroad.
From ESL warm-up games and classroom management techniques to second language acquisition and teaching English grammar, our course covers a comprehensive range of teaching skills ensuring our graduates are well-trained, marketable ESL teachers.
- Interactive language teaching
- Classroom management techniques
- English grammar
- Multiple intelligence theory
- Detailed lesson planning
- Oral communication
- Listening and comprehension strategies
- Principles of 2nd language acquisition
18.Tennessee Foreign Language Institute, Nashville
Courses / Programs
Learn to teach English as a second language. Gain knowledge and skills to help you get a career in teaching overseas or locally. Tennessee Foreign Language Institute (TFLI) is located in Nashville, TN, in a thriving, multicultural community, and the "Athens of the South". We provide TESL (Teaching English as a Second Language) courses for both native and non-native English speakers.
TFLI has the unique privilege of serving this community, holding the distinction as the only state-supported language institution in the US. We have offered training in over 100 world languages since 1987.
The British Council recognizes TFLI as a reputable teaching institution, acknowledging that our coursework meets the highest standards in teacher training. Therefore, graduates of TFLI's TESL program meet the criteria to become IELTS examiners for ELS and the British Council.
- TESL Certification Course: This 150-hour program includes training in the fundamentals of Teaching English as a Second Language (TESL), with the purpose of preparing its graduates to teach ESL in a variety of classroom settings
- TESL for Non-native Speakers of English: 150-hour Teaching English as a Second Language Certificate Program
Based in Berkeley in the San Francisco Bay Area, CA, Berkeley LTC is proud to offer the World Learning SIT Certificate in TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of other Languages). Our internationally-recognized Certificate course is 130 hours long, and provides participants with professional knowledge and skills as well as tools for their own reflection and growth as teachers.
Our course provides practical training through teaching demonstrations, lesson planning and analysis, and practice teaching and feedback. Participants develop skills in teaching, speaking, listening, reading, writing, grammar and culture.
Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) is a fascinating and fulfilling profession for individuals interested in learning about other cultures, languages, and travel. Here and around the world, qualified ESOL instructors are in high demand. There are many places in the Bay Area where you can help people learn English and gain valuable work experience or got those interested in travelling there are also job opportunities countries around the world.
Situated in the heart of Midtown Atlanta, Teaching House Atlanta offers the CELTA (Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults) course throughout the summer season. Our 4-week CELTA program is administered by Cambridge University, one of the most prestigious universities in the world, and is the most internationally recognized TESOL training program in the world.
The CELTA course is a hands-on practical course based around real classroom teaching experience working with genuine English language learners. All sessions are practical in nature, with some foundation in theory, and demonstrate techniques that you can use immediately in the language lessons you teach.
We pride ourselves on the work we do to ensure our trainees successfully complete the CELTA course. Students work one-on-one with your teacher trainer to design your lesson and select activities to do with your class.