University of Surrey:
University of Surrey is located in Guilford, Surrey (40 minutes from London by train) in the south-east of England, and provides BSc degree programmes in computer science, and computing & information technology. All of our programmes are available as 4-year BSc degrees including a professional training year, or as 3-year BSc degrees without a professional placement. Our graduates, with their unique combination of computing, business and technical knowledge, are equipped to enjoy significant rewards in the world’s most exciting industry.
Our degree programmes are developed in close consultation with an Industrial Advisory Board that comprises representatives of major IT organisations in the UK. These representatives also contribute directly with teaching to provide you with up-to-date and relevant experiences of IT. This is further supported by the inclusion of an industrial placement year. This ensures that our degrees reflect the contemporary concerns and requirements of modern business and industry.
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) Honours Degree in Computer Science: 3 years
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) Honours Degree in Computer Science: 4* years
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) Honours Degree in Computing and Information Technology: 3 years
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) Honours Degree in Computing and Information Technology: 4* years
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) Honours Degree in Computer Science and Engineering
* Programme includes a professional training year
Teaching styles vary from large group lectures to small group tutorials, computing laboratories and drop-in sessions for programming. You will benefit from an integrated range of learning methods that includes tutorials, case studies, projects, coursework, and practical and discussion classes, including the use of interactive voting handsets.
In the early stages of the programmes, the methods of teaching and assessment aim to ensure the acquisition of techniques and relevant knowledge. This includes practice in finding information and deciding whether it is relevant or not. The methods adopted in Level 3 are influenced by the need to broaden and deepen the knowledge you have gained at the earlier levels, and develop the higher order skills you will need as a professional.
You will be allocated a personal tutor to help with any problems or questions concerning your degree programme, or personal matters, throughout your period of study at the University.
Key reasons to study Computing at Surrey:
- The opportunity to specialise in areas such as business information systems, Internet computing, formal methods or intelligent agents
- A choice of options to suit your interests throughout your degree
- A flexible and innovative degree structure with a wide range of specialist options
- Professionally accredited by the British Computer Society (BCS)
- Further opportunities for specialised study at MSc and PhD level
- Groups of students share a kitchen-dining room, conveniently close to bedrooms
- More than 50 per cent of rooms have en suite shower and toilet facilities
- You will have access to unlimited free broadband and a telephone service with cheap external calls and free internal calls
- You will have access to a free iptv (internet-provided tv) service via your own dedicated user account
- All residences are non-smoking
- There are communal buildings with TV room, mail racks and friendly staff to answer queries
- Most of the accommodation is mixed-sex but you can choose to live in a single-sex flat or floor if you wish
- Belongings insurance is provided at no additional charge
Computing skills are the foundation of numerous professional careers in many dynamic sectors. Our programmes are designed to prepare you for working at the cutting edge of computing and its applications, and our graduates can take many routes into rewarding careers.
Employers are increasingly seeking people with a broad range of skills that encompass management and leadership skills as well as technical ability. Our programmes produce graduates with this well-rounded skill set of strong academic knowledge and professional training. Employers include:
- Accenture - Software Engineer
- Altius Consulting - Junior Consultant
- Black Rock Studios - Graduate Programmer
- IBM - Foundation Business Consultant
- NHS - IT Analyst
- JPMorgan Chase - Analyst
- Oracle - Graduate Programmer
- Thomson Reuters - Project Manager
- OTM Consulting - IT Manager
- ProspectSoft - Technical Consultant
Email: Contact Us
- Courses / Programs
|Address: University of Surrey, Guildford, Surrey, England , UK / GB|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2021 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.