Computer Schools in the UK: IT college in London, Computer training courses, IT certification in England, Computer studies diploma, certificate course, Internet programming, Web design, Software development programs, Java, C++, Visual Basic training in north-east London
The College Of Central London: Situated just 2 miles northeast of London city, in the London Borough of Hackney, The College of Central London is a private College of further and higher education, established over 37 years ago. We offer computer courses designed to provide a sound knowledge of the principles of structured programming, computer theory, information processing, computer organisations and data communications systems. Students who successfully complete courses at the college can either seek employment in the computer industry, or continue their studies in higher education.
BTEC Higher National Diploma in Computing, Business IT and SE: The BTEC Higher National Diploma in Computing is an internationally recognised qualification and is validated, administered and verified by the BTEC/Edexcel. The BTEC Higher National Diploma (HND) is equivalent to the first two years of an Honours Degree programme at a British University. This qualification is designed to equip students with the knowledge, understanding and skills required for success in current and future employment in Information Technology. This qualification falls in line with the British Computer Society (BCS) and Engineering Council requirements for accreditation and exemption from the BCS examination..
Duration of course: Two years full-time study.
Students must take: 9 CORE modules and 7 OPTION modules to qualify for an HND. . 5 CORE modules and 5 OPTION modules to qualify for an HNC.
CORE MODULES: 1 Computer Platforms 2 Systems Analysis 3 Software Constructs & Tools 4 Computing Solutions 5* Computer Implementation Project 6* Software Engineering Implementation Project 7* Business Information Technology Implementation Project 8 Quality Management Principles 9 Communication Technology 10*Advanced Computing Project 11*Advanced Software Engineering Project 12*Advanced Business Information Technology Project City and Guilds e-Quals Level 3 - Advanced Diploma for IT Practitioners (Software Development): For the award of the Advanced Diploma, candidates must successfully complete the assessments for one of units 301-305 plus 306 and 307, plus any two other units, from 301-311 within the Level 3 Advanced Diploma for IT Practitioners (Software Development) award.
Core units: 301 Develop software using 'C' 302 Develop software using C++ 304 Develop software using Visual Basic 305 Develop software using Java 306 Create designs for software 307 Requirements analysis and systems specification
Optional units 309 Web site design 311 Relational database City & Guilds Unit 306 Create designs for Software (Mandatory)
* Validate the text contained in text-boxes (checking for correctly formatted dates or credit card numbers or postcodes, for example). * Allow visual interaction based on the location and state of the mouse, i.e. changing images when the mouse cursor move over or is click on a menu option (provides feedback to user). * Load different images based on some external variable (the time, date or number of visits to the web site). * Create cookies on the client machine to monitor visits, store user and password information or to store user preferences. * Allow dynamically created HTML to be introduced into the web page to display content that based on user interaction i.e. a dynamic quiz (questions are produced randomly and the answers are checked on the fly etc.). ASP (Server-side VBScript) allows the web page designer to pass information to and from web pages. The data is generally stored in a database of some kind (Microsoft Access and SQL Server). ASP web pages can be considered to be data driven i.e. the content of the page is dependant on data held in a database.
We also offer the following courses:
* BTEC National Diploma in Computer Studies * City and Guilds e-Quals Level 1 - Certificate for IT Users * City and Guilds e-Quals Level 2 - Diploma for IT Practitioners (Software Development)
Did you know that Pitman Training is one of Britain's largest providers of IT, Office, Book-Keeping and Business Skills training? Located in High Holborn, Notting Hill and Paddington, London, we operate in two ways: You can either study at your own pace using a PC, audio track and workbook, or enjoy one of our open seminars at our training centres. We've just won the silver award for UK's Best Learning Centre in The National IT Training Awards!
New Horizons is the world’s largest independent IT training company providing a variety of computer training courses including, Microsoft Training, Cisco Training and CompTIA Training. New Horizons has over 300 centres in 60 countries.
New Horizons London is conveniently located in Devonshire Square in central London, within a 2 minute walk of Liverpool Street Station (Circle, Central, Hammersmith and Metropolitan Lines) and Aldgate Station (Metropolitan and Circle Lines). There is excellent access to and from the city via underground, bus or train.
Through an integrated learning approach New Horizons delivers a wide range of technology and business skills computer training from basic application and desktop productivity tools to complex IT systems. We help clients and individuals who need to upskill and get IT certified.
Computer Training Certification Courses including Microsoft Training, Cisco Training & CompTIA Training Courses:
- Business Skills courses
- Cisco courses
- CompTIA courses
- Design and Media courses
- Information Security courses
- Microsoft Windows 7
- Microsoft Technical courses
- Mentored Learning courses
- Microsoft Application courses
- Online Live courses
- VMware courses
• Arden University has physical study centres in London, Manchester, Birmingham, and Berlin, Germany, and also offers high quality online degree programmes to British and international students all over the world.
• If you want to explore the evolving trends shaping the world of computing in today's ever-increasing digital landscape, Arden's Computing & IT courses could be the right choice for you.
• Career-focused, and taught by our expert Arden tutors, these courses provide extensive industry insight and appeal to employers all over the world, so could take your IT career to new heights.
• Through us, you'll earn an internationally-recognised qualification via your choice of 100% online Distance Learning or a mixture of online and classroom learning at one of our UK study centres based in London, Manchester or Birmingham via Blended Learning.
• Find out more about our study options for Computing and IT qualifications below and about how gaining a Higher Education award doesn't mean compromising on other areas of your life.
Postgraduate Computing & IT Programmes
- MSc Data Analytics and Information Systems Management
- MSc Data Analytics and IT Security Management
- MSc IT Security Management
- MSc Strategic IT Management
- MSc Telecommunications Management
Undergraduate Computing & IT Programmes
- BA (Hons) Business and Computing
- BA (Hons) Graphic Design
- BSc (Hons) Computing (Information Management)
- BSc (Hons) Computing (Mobile Computing)
- BSc (Hons) Computing
- BSc (Hons) Computing (Information Management) (Top-Up)
- BSc (Hons) Computing (Mobile Computing) (Top-Up)
Hands On Technology Transfer, Inc. (HOTT) offers competency-based IT training programmes in 9 cities across the United Kingdom (London, Liverpool, Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham, Bristol, Chelmsford, Edinburgh, Glasgow). These programmes are designed with one main goal; making sure you and your staff will be competent and productive. And we guarantee that our training will be more cost-effective than training from any other source. At HOTT, we guarantee the quality of our courses with a full 100% money-back guarantee, and small class sizes.
Silicon Beach Training in Brighton, England (1 hour south of London), is an accredited training provider offering over 300 Internet, IT, Web Design, Leadership Training, & Management Training Courses. Our range of Web Design training courses are delivered by experienced designers and programmers.
We provide Dreamweaver training, Photoshop for the Web, CSS Training, and Flash training. For businesses developing CMS (content management systems) and social media strategies we also offer Joomla training and Wordpress training.
Our Web Design Week is our most popular web and internet course. A cost effective way to learn web design. This training course incorporates Dreamweaver training, Photoshop for the Web training and a Web Design training day that will cover the basics of good design.
- Web Design Week
- Dreamweaver training
- Photoshop for the Web
- CSS Training
- Flash training
- Joomla training
- Wordpress training
- HTML 5 Training
- Web Accessibility Training
- RapidWeaver Training
- ActionScript Training
- Social Media
- Google Analytics
University of Surrey is located in Guilford, Surrey (40 minutes from London by train) in the south-east of England, and provides BSc degree programmes in computer science, and computing & information technology. All of our programmes are available as 4-year BSc degrees including a professional training year, or as 3-year BSc degrees without a professional placement.
For anyone who wants to be involved in working at the cutting edge of technological science for the modern age, a degree in computing is a natural first step. Computers are integral to numerous spheres, from business and government to the media and research. With sophisticated computing skills, you can be at the forefront of innovation and opportunity.
Our degree programmes are developed in close consultation with an Industrial Advisory Board that comprises representatives of major IT organisations in the UK. These representatives also contribute directly with teaching to provide you with up-to-date and relevant experiences of IT. This is further supported by the inclusion of an industrial placement year. This ensures that our degrees reflect the contemporary concerns and requirements of modern business and industry.