TEFL / TESOL in Scotland: English teacher training in Edinburgh, CELTA certificate courses - Earn an accredited University of Cambridge CELTA qualification for teaching English in Edinburgh, Scotland, UK & overseas.
StudyCELTA: CELTA Courses Edinburgh: StudyCELTA Edinburgh provides internationally-accredited and recognised TEFL English teacher training certificates at three conveniently-located training centres in the heart of Edinburgh, Scotland’s creative and vibrant capital city. Designed for local and international students who want to teach English in the UK or abroad, our University of Cambridge CELTA Certificate can be studied full-time for 4 intensive weeks, or part-time for 11 weeks.
CELTA English Teacher Training Courses: Once you have earned your qualification, you will have the skills and knowledge to teach English at any level to a wide variety of students in almost any country in the world where English is a requirement for work, leisure and life.
Full-time Cambridge CELTA Certificate Course: • Duration: 4-week TEFL course • Intensive classes taught by industry professionals • 2-hours of teaching practice per day
Part-time Cambridge CELTA Certificate Course: • Duration: 11-weeks
CELTA Units of Learning: • Learners and teachers, and the teaching and learning context • Language analysis and awareness • Language skills: reading, listening, speaking and writing • Planning and resources for different contexts • Developing teaching skills and professionalism#
CELTA Course Aims: • To provide you with a sound basis in language teaching practice and give you confidence in the classroom.
• To give you the training you need to help you meet the challenge of your new profession, wherever you are in the world
• To provide you with a sound base of modern English teaching that will complement your classroom practice
• To help you learn techniques to improve your interaction with speakers of other languages
Student Reviews: “The course has been good for both professional and self-actualisation purposes, and I have learnt so many things about the field ESL that I earlier took for granted. It’s worth it!” - Tendai, Zimbabwe
“The course has been extremely useful, I’ve learned so much, and looking forward to using and building on this knowledge in the classroom." - Rael, UK
Some interested visitors submitting program inquiries to our school up to
2019-03-20 were from:
Ballito, South Africa;
Pililla Rizal, Philippines;
Cape Town / Western Cape, South Africa;
Lapulapu City Cebu, Philippines;
Related Schools & Programs. Inquire to our admissions team today:
English Language Teaching Centre, University of Sheffield
Courses / Programs
The English Language Teaching Centre (ELTC) at the University of Sheffield in the north of England offers a wide range of accredited English language teacher training courses in addition to our general English courses.
Teacher training and development form an important part of the Centre, and each year we offer a range of TEFL / TESOL-based programmes, including full-time and part-time CELTA (Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults) and DELTA (Diploma in English Language Teaching to Adults) courses among others.
We offer courses, workshops and modules that may be of interest to both new and experienced teachers. These range from one-off sessions, short intensive courses to longer part-time programmes and input on the MA in Applied Linguistics run by the School of English Literature, Language and Linguistics at the University.
- CELTA (University of Cambridge Certificate in TESOL)
- DELTA Modules (University of Cambridge Diploma in TESOL)
- PTLLS ESOL (Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector ESOL Specialism)
- TKT (University of Cambridge Teaching Knowledge Test)
- Overseas Teacher Development (English Language Teacher Development Programme)
- TEFL Taster Sessions
TESOL Training Scotland is dedicated to providing professional development for experienced English language teachers throughout Scotland. We provide a comprehensive online Trinity TESOL Diploma course, with on-site course workshops held in several locations on a rotating basis.
Our courses lead to the Licentiate Diploma in TESOL awarded by Trinity College London. We also provide a range of SQA Professional Development Award TESOL courses for experienced English teachers.
Students take classes mostly online through distance learning with a friendly group of teachers and tutors. Study in your own time in your own place, and attend regular Saturday workshops every few weeks in cities across Scotland including Glasgow, Edinburgh, and Aberdeen. Use your own classes for the practical teaching assessments and research projects.
With schools in Brighton, Eastbourne, and London in the south of England, St Giles International was one of the first organisations to offer internationally-recognized training for English language teachers in the UK. Today, our organisation offers teacher training for native and near-native speakers of English who wish to become teachers, and also for practising non-native teachers of English who want to improve their language skills and teaching methodologies.
A qualification in TEFL, such as the Cambridge Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults (CELTA) or the Trinity Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (Cert. TESOL), gives students many opportunities to live and work in the UK and abroad. As well as holding an internationally-recognized qualification, you also meet people from many different backgrounds and cultures.
With St Giles, you get over 50 years’ experience in helping and training English language teachers, as well as programmes delivered by experienced and skilled teacher trainers, who are also practising teachers themselves. You learn in busy and lively English language schools, with the latest in modern ELT multi-media resources and facilities.
St Giles International is fully accredited and regularly assessed for the teaching of English by the British Council in the UK.
Earn a TESOL / TEFL Certificate, Diploma or Advanced Diploma from the comfort of your own home or office across London, throughout the UK, and worldwide.
A leading provider of distance education programs, International Career Institute offers three TESOL English teacher training study options.
Taught by experienced, professional tutors, our TESOL courses are carried out via Distance Learning (also known as correspondence learning). Distance learning is ideal if you need to adapt around work, family, or other commitments.
You may take your time in completing your course or you may decide to dedicate enough time to complete your course in record time. You will not be locked into a timetabled situation as with classroom study.
Student Testimonial: "Practical, fun, best thing I have done for myself in many years...I enjoyed every aspect of the program. I have nothing but praise for the program. Thank you!" - Daniela Werner
• Get certified to teach English abroad from the comfort of your own home! TEFL Training College is a global leader in online courses in TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) / TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages).
• Our TEFL / TESOL certification courses are internationally-recognized and accredited. We offer courses at certificate and diploma level in TEFL to students from the UK, Ireland, USA, Canada, Australia and worldwide.
• There are many advantages to completing your ESL (English as a Second Language) teacher training online. Our courses are affordable and can be studied at your own pace at a schedule that suits you.
• You don't have to attend any classes in person and you can start your course any time you want - enrol today, start today!
• The demand for qualified English teachers around the world is unprecedented and native English speakers are particularly sought after.
• There are thousands of opportunities available worldwide right now and we can help you every step of the way to become involved in this exciting and growing global industry.
Student Review: • "Not only did the TEFL Training College prepare me for the ESL/EFL classroom, but also made my initial foreign experience and transition easier. Overall, the course has enriched me both personally, professionally and educationally." - Shaun, London, UK
• EBC would like to invite you to consider Madrid and Spain as a quality TEFL course & work destination in Europe. Madrid is a TEFL hotspot year-round with a vibrant nightlife and cultural immersion experience, and EBC Madrid offers an accredited TEFL course with job placement program for our graduates! Contact us today for details of our next course dates.
• EBC Madrid is an accredited centre of Trinity College, and a leading provider of internationally-recognised TEFL courses and job placement opportunities for career-change seekers and global travelers.
• EBC offers a British Council-accepted Trinity CertTESOL certificate course in Madrid, the ability to earn up to 60 university credits, and the key resource of free worldwide, lifetime job placement for our TEFL graduates.
• The Trinity CertTESOL qualification is preferred by many renowned language schools worldwide, and over the last 16 years, EBC has been instrumental in helping more than 8000+ TEFL graduates finance their travels and realise their dreams of living and working outside of their home countries.
• If you are a citizen of the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa, EBC Madrid provides our comprehensive Road2Spain program which offers you a 1 year student visa to work, live and travel throughout Spain and Europe.
• EBC also runs accredited TEFL courses in Crete (Greece), Buenos Aires, (Argentina) and Boracay (Philippines).
Intensive 4-week accredited TEFL / TESOL teacher certificate course:
• Comprises 150 hours including 24 hours of teaching practice.
• Written to UK QCF level 5 standards.
With Study Package options:
• Bronze, Silver, Gold and Road2Spain (Road2Spain is an ideal option, for example, for citizens of the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa who want a seamless stay in Spain with accommodation and study visa included).