Ontesol - Online ESL Teacher Training:
Ontesol is a TEFL / TESOL training provider offering internationally-recognised and accredited online TEFL / TESOL courses. Our TEFL / TESOL certificate and diploma course are available to students in the UK, Ireland, USA, Canada and worldwide. Our innovative online teacher training courses provide students with the skills and knowledge needed to become ESL (English as a Second Language) teachers.
Online TEFL / TESOL Certification Programs:
- 100-hour TESOL Certificate Course Online:
A 100-hour certificate is considered as the international standard for TESOL/TEFL certification. Ontesol`s 100-hour TESOL Certificate - Certificate of Educational Studies in TESOL provides graduates with the credentials to work anywhere in Africa, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. The maximum time given to complete this course is 3 months. However, since no two people have identical commitments and study time or work at the same pace, the 100-hour Certificate program may take from 3 to 11 weeks to complete.
Graduates from the 100-hour TESOL course who wish to gain valuable teaching experience may take the 20-hour Practicum (teaching practice) anywhere in the world.
Online TESOL Certificate Course Content:
Module 1:The World of ELT (English Language Teaching) and Study Skills:
The World of ELT and Study Skills Module provides general information on the ELT industry and CV writing.
Module 2: The Study of English (Grammar and Phonology):
- Phonology: Introduction to Phonology; Introduction to Phonemes; Getting to Know the Anatomy of the Mouth; Vowels, diphthongs and triphthongs; Consonants; Sentence Stress; Intonation; Teaching pronunciation. A final test must be submitted at the end of this section.
- Grammar: Parts of Speech; Parts of a Sentence; Nouns; Pronouns; Adjectives- Determiners and Articles; Adverbs; Verbs; Conjunctions; Prepositions; Tenses; Ideas for Teaching grammar. A final test must be submitted at the end of this section.
Module 3: The Methodology Module (The Teaching of English to Speakers of Other Languages –TESOL):
This module contains assignments (6), which train the student to prepare professional lesson plans.
Subjects Covered: First Class; Approaches to Language Teaching; Communicative Approach; How to write a lesson plan; Teaching Grammar; Teaching Vocabulary; Teaching Skills: Speaking; Teaching Skills: Listening; Teaching Skills: Reading; Teaching Skills: Writing; Classroom Management
250-hour TESOL Diploma Course Online:
Ontesol's 250-hour online diploma course with Practicum (teaching practice) is an extended version of Coventry House International's on-site Trinity CertTESOL and TESL Canada course! Since no two people work at the same pace, or have identical commitments and study time, this program may take from 8 to 24 weeks to complete. You can obtain all the benefits of an advanced on-site course from the comfort of your home and choose to take the teaching practice module anywhere in the world.
250-hour TESOL Diploma Program Content:
- The grammar module consists of 17 units, 39 quizzes and a final grammar exam.
- The phonology module consists of 13 units, 10 quizzes and a final phonology exam.
- The methodology module consists of 19 units. In this module you will have the opportunity to observe video-taped authentic lessons of adult ESL students, which is essential to grasp the idea of what really happens in a classroom setting. You will have to submit 10 tasks, 19 assignments as well as a final exam. By the end of the course you will have compiled a portfolio including your assignments, observation tasks and lesson plans which will provide tangible evidence of the course work.
- 60-hour Online TEYL Certificate (Teaching English to Young Learners) Course:
The Ontesol TEYL Certificate course is a 60-hour online course which must be completed in a period of 8 weeks. It has been carefully developed to address the needs of young learners. The overall aim is to develop skills and confidence in working with young learners, familiarize with the approach that best suit children’s learning styles as well as adding an invaluable bonus to your CV or résumé and network with other TESOL graduates. Teaching young learners could be challenging, but with the necessary approaches and techniques, you will feel confident and your young students will certainly enjoy your lessons.
Assessment for TEFL / TESOL Courses:
Your work will be assessed throughout the course. There are assignments you will complete and submit to your tutor for marking. Depending on the course you have enrolled in, assignments include writing reflective essays, writing essays showing understanding of specific methodology topics, demonstrating what techniques you would use to teach a particular topic or skill, writing lesson plans, and final grammar and phonology exams. All of these assignments are to be sent to your tutor by email or through the Ontesol website. There are also tasks to provide practice prior to submitting an assignment, which need to be submitted to your tutor to receive feedback. Tasks will not be marked.
- For the 100-hour TESOL certificate program a candidate needs to have a good general education up to the generally accepted level for university entrance. Applicants without formal qualifications who have the ability to communicate clearly in English will also be considered. The minimum age limit is 18 years old.
- For the 250-hour TESOL diploma program, candidates need to have a good general education up to the generally accepted level for university entrance. Consideration will also be given to applicants who have professional or other qualifications, are capable of communicating clearly, and who feel confident in their ability to bring a clear, analytical approach to the English language and to develop a teaching style appropriate to learners with a wide range of needs.
For further information on our accredited online TEFL / TESOL courses, please contact us quickly via our Contact Page.
|Address: 2 - Suite 700 Bloor St. West, Toronto, Ontario, M4W 3R1, Canada|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2020 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.